Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Tardis1972 on October 24th, 2023, 9:33 am
I’m actually going to miss Revolution as it was one of my favorite flats. MGH on the other hand can go.
As long as Rev is replaced with another flat ride it’s fine.
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 24th, 2023, 10:48 am
Tardis1972 wrote:I’m actually going to miss Revolution as it was one of my favorite flats. MGH on the other hand can go.
As long as Rev is replaced with another flat ride it’s fine.

Well we're getting Sky Striker!! I feel the same way about Condor (will really miss it if it leaves but one operator at Bull told me they're "refurbishing" it)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 24th, 2023, 10:49 am
Giant Ferris Wheel called "Orleans Orbit" coming to spot vacated by Super Loop --- (not confirmed YET)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby HCF on October 24th, 2023, 2:02 pm
Anyone else notice that Raging Bulls trim hasn't been hitting as hard? In past years during fright fest, it would soften up, but I've never felt it like this before, it's going crazy fast!
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby Goku1910 on October 24th, 2023, 2:03 pm
I said it in the other thread, I want to see an S&S Swing in Revvy's spot.

I love Revy as a ride, and I operated it for three out of my five years at Great America. It's special to me so I'll make sure to get 1 ride minimum on it this weekend.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Goku1910 on October 24th, 2023, 2:03 pm
HCF wrote:Anyone else notice that Raging Bulls trim hasn't been hitting as hard? In past years during fright fest, it would soften up, but I've never felt it like this before, it's going crazy fast!

I normally don't pay too much attention to it, but I think it tends to run faster in cooler weather.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on October 24th, 2023, 2:05 pm
I’ll try to get some better pictures this weekend, but they have done a lot of land clearing by Dare Devil Dive. There cleared out all the trees and shrubs surrounding the raised platform. Certainly looks a lot bigger than it looked once you clear it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 25th, 2023, 8:18 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I said it in the other thread, I want to see an S&S Swing in Revvy's spot.

I love Revy as a ride, and I operated it for three out of my five years at Great America. It's special to me so I'll make sure to get 1 ride minimum on it this weekend.

Yes a Screaming Swing!! We can get the "world's tallest and fastest" one lol!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on October 25th, 2023, 8:25 pm
Didn't SeaWorld Orlando recently get the "Tallest" S&S Swing?

Let's break it, I'm down.
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 25th, 2023, 10:58 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Didn't SeaWorld Orlando recently get the "Tallest" S&S Swing?

Let's break it, I'm down.

Wasn't it Serengeti Flyer at Busch Tampa? I rode that a few times in July.

Was awesome!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on October 27th, 2023, 12:28 pm
I always thought a Skyscreamer would be perfect in Rev's spot. Just better call it "the Great American Skyscreamer"! I mean C'mon. Perfect. I just hope it's at least 250ft tall. I know we will never get the 400+ ones but 330 would be epic. At SOME POINT that height restriction will be lifted. It was implemented in the 1970s. & yes I'm aware of the flight patterns but that can all be arranged I'm sure.

It's totally unnecessary but I'd love a Zamperla double heart or Premier SkyRocket II in Hangovers spot if they moved either Johnny Rockets to the games area (or take that add & add a new sit down restaurant) or move Big East balloons elsewhere. Wonder if that would fit. But that would be a nice filler coaster before the anniversary. But back to back coasters is a major dream lol.
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 27th, 2023, 4:05 pm
I predict we ARE going to get something huge in 2026 for the 50th anniversary! Maybe
Steel Eagle: Soaring to New Heights - B&M Giga (not confirmed YET)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on October 27th, 2023, 4:12 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I predict we ARE going to get something huge in 2026 for the 50th anniversary! Maybe
As long as Salim is still CEO, I wouldn’t expect anything big. He’s shown he will continue to buy cheap rides!

coasterfanatic

Postby Tardis1972 on October 28th, 2023, 9:59 pm
That's a wrap for me this season. It was a year of mostly great solo visits and done with friends. Got my final ride on Revolution today. Skipped MGH though. I think I only ever rode it 5 times or so while it was here. I only made to to FF twice but both visits were pretty good.
Maybe it’s just me but I felt like there weren’t as many scare actors going around as normal.
Looking forward to returning in the spring and of course Sky Striker when it opens.
Tardis1972

Postby Sven18 on October 30th, 2023, 8:46 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I predict we ARE going to get something huge in 2026 for the 50th anniversary! Maybe

FOR THE 1000000000000000th TIME NO SF PARK IS GETTING A GIGA!!!!!!!!!!

Selim is blowing smoke on the supposed Capex numbers, they don't even make logical sense to increase Capex to 200-225M in 2024 and 250M in 2025. FY2022 was horrible and FY2023 is actually the same or worse on several metrics thru Q2(net income is actually 49M worse, revenue is up just 8M, really in material difference). Also, look at Sf business strategy and customer base. The spend big and they will come was tried and failed in the 2000's. SF has many reasons for its decline and it starts with the poor experience, food, beverage, ops, shotty looking parks(bargain class compared to competitors) and people have been trained for cheap prices. They rightfully don't want to pay more for a poor experience. Selim hasn't a clue, first he was all about premium and park improvements, he abandoned that mid stream Jan 2023 and bought a bunch of last minute rides supposedly for 2023 that haven't opened( 3 kidde coasters, etc..) Now, he 's claiming he's going to buy a ton of rides, doubling the Capex SF will keep the same low level experience on the things that actually matter, the things Cedar Fair and SEAS do well. There is a reason Cedar Fair and SEAS are running circles around Six Flags, have for years before the pandemic and that gap is growing after the pandemic. Selim has completely capitulated on what he said was wrong with SF when he came in, and is going back to the old playbook. The teenage day care center and Walmart customer won. SF will remain the bargain chain and all the problems that come with that. They haven't been able to produce organic growth since 2017, 3 years pre pandemic . Selim is reverting it seems to the low price, high volume , big Capex model...that's what they did in the late 90's and early 2000's. Reid Anderson was low price, high volume, low/moderate Capex( extensive cloned rides/coasters).
Last edited by Sven18 on October 30th, 2023, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 30th, 2023, 9:07 am
Sven18 wrote:

FOR THE 1000000000000000th TIME NO SF PARK IS GETTING A GIGA!!!!!!!!!!

Selim is blowing smoke on the supposed Capex numbers, they don't even make logical sense to increase Capex to 200-225M in 2024 and 250M in 2025. FY2022 was horrible and FY2023 is actually the same or worse on several metrics thru Q2(net income is actually 49M worse, revenue is up just 8M, really in material difference). Also, look at Sf business strategy and customer base. The spend big and they will come was tried and failed in the 2000's. SF has many reasons for its decline and it starts with the poor experience, food, beverage, ops, shotty looking parks(bargain class compared to competitors) and people have been trained for cheap prices. They rightfully don't want to pay more for a poor experience. Selim hasn't a clue, first he was all about premium and park improvements, he abandoned that mid stream Jan 2023 and bought a bunch of last minute rides supposedly for 2023 that haven't opened( 3 kidde coasters, etc..) Now, he 's claiming he's going to buy a ton of rides, doubling the Capex SF will keep the same low level experience on the things that actually matter, the things Cedar Fair and SEAS do well. There is a reason Cedar Fair and SEAS are running circles around Six Flags, have for years before the pandemic and that gap is growing after the pandemic. Selim has completely capitulated on what he said was wrong with SF when he came in, and his going back to the old playbook. The teenage day care center and Walmart customer won. SF will remain the bargain chain and all the problems that come with that. They haven't been able to produce organic growth 2017, 3 years pre pandemic and Selim is reverting it seems to the low price, high volume , big Capex model...that's what they did in the late 90's and early 2000's. Reid Anderson was low price, high volume, low/moderate Capex( extensive cloned rides/coasters).

Thanks for weighing in schoup/bbd/DoubleB/Sven18 .......

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on October 30th, 2023, 2:39 pm
What the Heck, I guess I'll post my 2025 Six Flags Wishlist

SFOT- Revamp of Runaway Mountain
SFOG- Revamp of Dahlonega Mine Train with New Premier Rides Trains
SFStL- Revamp of Ninja by Vekoma with New Trains, New Paint, New Name, and Revamped Track
SFGAdv- Mack Power Wave
SFMM- Zamperla Nebulez, Zamperla Giant Sky Chaser, Zamperla Disk O Coaster
SFGAm- Revamp of Camp Cartoon into Bugs Bunny Boomtown with 5 New Kids Rides (Demolition Derby, Magic Bikes, Jump Around, Barnyard, Water Mania)
SFAm- Zamperla Disk O Coaster
SFFT- Proslide Behemoth Bowl?
TGE- Proslide Raft Ride?
SFNE- Intamin LSM Launch Coaster where Goliath was
SFDK- Sally Justice League Dark Ride
SFMex- Revamp of Boomerang with new trains, new paint, and a new name
LR- Revamp of Monstre by GCI
SFDL- Revamp of Mind Eraser with new trains, new name, and new paint
FC- RMC Wild Moose where Nightmare Mine used to be

3 Parks get new coasters
6 Parks get revamped coasters
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby coasterfanatic on October 30th, 2023, 2:56 pm
Well gone is the “something new in every park every year” so this most assuredly not happening.

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterDemon on October 31st, 2023, 12:03 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:Well gone is the “something new in every park every year” so this most assuredly not happening.

This. They have so much work to do on what they have/infrastructure, etc. If they treat people (and their time) with more respect, they wouldn't have to constantly come up with "limited deal" flash sales and crap like that.

Demon is looking and running GREAT, btw :)
CoasterDemon

Postby coasterfanatic on October 31st, 2023, 12:07 pm
CoasterDemon wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:Well gone is the “something new in every park every year” so this most assuredly not happening.

This. They have so much work to do on what they have/infrastructure, etc. If they treat people (and their time) with more respect, they wouldn't have to constantly come up with "limited deal" flash sales and crap like that.

Demon is looking and running GREAT, btw :)
Exactly. Salims strategy of premumization and beautification was a good idea. Problem was he raised prices before any of that was complete. While our park has taken steps in the right direction, there’s still a long way to go.

We don’t need a new ride every year. But Salim claims they are spending a record in Capex yet they are putting in cheap rides again and cancelled the log flume project.

He’s turned cheap again and that strategy likely won’t change. Six Flags has bought one B&M since XFlight. Seaworld Orlando has put a B&M in in back to back years now.

And yes. I think Demon is running well because it hasn’t run all year and thus there’s very little wear and tear on the wheels so far. They haven’t done anything to it from what I’m aware of

coasterfanatic

Postby HCF on November 1st, 2023, 12:55 am
Season is pretty much over, came back from the last day and it was quite an experience, never thought I would ride a roller coaster in the blizzard haha. This year was pretty rough for the park it seemed
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby JackGlass on November 1st, 2023, 3:37 am
Now that the larson loop is history. I wonder if they will squeeze a raptor into Triple play/Hangovers plot of land.
Attachments
railblazer.jpg
hangover.jpg
JackGlass

Postby Goku1910 on November 1st, 2023, 12:08 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
CoasterDemon wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:And yes. I think Demon is running well because it hasn’t run all year and thus there’s very little wear and tear on the wheels so far. They haven’t done anything to it from what I’m aware of

Rode Demon for the first time in years this passed weekend. It's still complete pain for me going into those corkscrews. Judging by what I've seen and heard about track repair, train repair, etc I give Demon five years or less. I honestly don't see it lasting much longer than that.
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on November 27th, 2023, 11:56 am
The park has posted an update on Sky Striker construction and as expected the concrete platform that DDD was on has been removed and a portion of the Eagle entrance queue that attached to that platform is also gone

coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on November 27th, 2023, 12:15 pm
If anyone was hoping that ugly building wasn't going to be reused I have some news for ya.
Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum