Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 17th, 2024, 5:22 pm
Goku1910 wrote: I see one of two things happening, either Camp Cartoon goes and has it's stuff consolidated into Kidz with a retheme to hopefully something Looney Tunes Like Bugs Bunny Boom Town, or vice versa, Kidzopolis goes and Camp Cartoon gets a massive overhaul.

Cedar Fair handles kids areas much better than flags. I don't see them leaving these untouched post-merger.

This. I'm not going to pretend I spend time in either kids area, but they are so sad and depressing. I would not mind combining them into one and fixing it up. Based on the current/upcoming state of County Fair, I could see Kidzopolis area + Revolution area and the immediate area be the de facto kids area. But I could also see both continue to exist, with either both of them getting a revamp, or one of them gets more attention and reigns supreme over the two (Cedar Point - Camp Snoopy vs Kiddie Kingdom)
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 507
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby gottastrata33 on January 18th, 2024, 3:23 am
The area needs help & fixing up the kids area to blend in with county fair is a good idea. Families are more important than us, let's be honest. I am obsessed with the newly renovated county fair at CGA. If we could get that now that we're merged, I'd love that. We could go for a county fair overall. We could do farm, pie eating, carnival games, etc. just as a theme of the whole area. Honestly, I'd love for the tent to come down, rid the Krazy Kars theme & idk actually theme it, in place of the ship put in a zamperla kiddie coaster (Speedy Gonzales model) then where Revvy & the Basketball game was, put in a zamperla family coaster (Daddy Pig/Tender Paw model). Two coasters of similar buy different caliber. Or out the bigger family coaster where Krazy Kars is & add a Skyscreamer to the Revvy spot. But getting a flat ride, two kid coasters, & an overall is a lot.
gottastrata33

Postby JackGlass on January 18th, 2024, 6:18 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:The area needs help & fixing up the kids area to blend in with county fair is a good idea. Families are more important than us, let's be honest. I am obsessed with the newly renovated county fair at CGA. If we could get that now that we're merged, I'd love that. We could go for a county fair overall. We could do farm, pie eating, carnival games, etc. just as a theme of the whole area. Honestly, I'd love for the tent to come down, rid the Krazy Kars theme & idk actually theme it, in place of the ship put in a zamperla kiddie coaster (Speedy Gonzales model) then where Revvy & the Basketball game was, put in a zamperla family coaster (Daddy Pig/Tender Paw model). Two coasters of similar buy different caliber. Or out the bigger family coaster where Krazy Kars is & add a Skyscreamer to the Revvy spot. But getting a flat ride, two kid coasters, & an overall is a lot.

Yes! Absolutely love this idea.
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on January 18th, 2024, 9:51 pm
Every time I'm at SFMM, I'm like wow this kids area has such a great variety of coasters for the young thrill seekers & while we have Whizzer, Sprockets, & Little Dipper, they're all spread out away from one another & there's nothing quite in between them. We in no way have a bad lineup of family thrills, it's just not in one area & this would really help that. Is it necessary? No.but it would not be a bad thing to have.

I also really want a Gerstlauer spinner at the park which would also be a welcoming addition since Ragin' Cajun left us. Let's not forget, next year will be the 20th anniversary for Hurricane Harbor so I think we will see an addition to the water park for 2025. I'd love a "halfpipe" slide to the park. Seems to be one the only slides we don't have now that we have a water coaster.
gottastrata33

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on January 21st, 2024, 5:34 pm
I would throw in Dark Knight for our family coasters but that is borderline. I agree it would be nice to have a more concentrated area for kids rides/coasters. Unfortunately we can't move everything in the park to make it work. Families are where the money is at right now and I would not personally enjoy a renovated Kidzopolis + expansion. But long term it would benefit the park and I am on board.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 21st, 2024, 8:55 pm
I think Kings Island has one of THE best kids areas! Very well done!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 21st, 2024, 8:55 pm
Giant Ferris Wheel called "Orleans Orbit" coming to spot vacated by Super Loop --- (not confirmed YET)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby staticshadows on January 22nd, 2024, 9:07 am
^ Larson International does offer a Hubless Wheel.
https://larsonintl.com/ride/the-hubless-wheel/

staticshadows

Postby Coaster Justin on January 26th, 2024, 12:42 am
How about something like this?

926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on January 28th, 2024, 2:51 am
Honestly, a coaster wheel would be pretty cool seeing there are only a few in the world. I'd prefer they go with the 45m model. I like that there are choices between swinging & stable cabins.
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on January 31st, 2024, 6:44 pm
And high capacity
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby staticshadows on February 8th, 2024, 4:18 pm
https://old.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/1am3rf2/gene_staples_saves_mardi_gras_hangover_revolution/

It looks like Mardi Gras Hangover and Revolution were sold to Niagara Amusement Park.
staticshadows

Postby Goku1910 on February 8th, 2024, 4:21 pm
I'm surprised to see Revolution intact. With its age and reliability issues I was fully expecting it to be scrapped
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on February 8th, 2024, 4:31 pm
Goku1910 wrote:I'm surprised to see Revolution intact. With its age and reliability issues I was fully expecting it to be scrapped
It just got refurbed, which is why they probably did that. Makes it easier to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on February 10th, 2024, 12:12 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:I'm surprised to see Revolution intact. With its age and reliability issues I was fully expecting it to be scrapped
It just got refurbed, which is why they probably did that. Makes it easier to sell.

Not that it really matters, but my belief is that SFGAm did the refurb before they had any idea about adding Sky Striker. I find it hard to believe the park/management/higher ups had the foresight to refurbish a ride for a future sale.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby B&MGuy35 on February 20th, 2024, 5:13 pm
New train coming for one of our B&M coasters?
The park received a shipment from B&M back on January 8th of 3 forty foot containers weighing almost 17,000 pounds!

B&MGuy35

Postby Goku1910 on February 24th, 2024, 1:26 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:New train coming for one of our B&M coasters?
The park received a shipment from B&M back on January 8th of 3 forty foot containers weighing almost 17,000 pounds!

Highly doubt it, they would have announced something like that. Most likely bulk sale of parts. Bogies, Wheels, etc.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby staticshadows on February 25th, 2024, 9:43 pm
King Chaos is now at Indiana Beach.
https://www.instagram.com/p/C3yM4FtJJkD/
staticshadows

Postby gottastrata33 on February 27th, 2024, 3:47 am
Whoa! Wasn't expecting this. So SFGAm actually kept it in good enough shape to sell off?!
gottastrata33

Postby FParker185 on February 27th, 2024, 6:48 pm
I really with Gene would stop buying other peoples trash and maybe invest in a new ride here and there. King Chaos didn't work properly from the day it was first set up at SFGAm. I doubt they'll do any better, though I heard some issues were from the ballast tanks full of sand rather than water as designed
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Goku1910 on February 27th, 2024, 7:40 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Whoa! Wasn't expecting this. So SFGAm actually kept it in good enough shape to sell off?!

It sat in the back lot for years with no protection from the elements. I wouldn't call that taken care of.

Now to be fair, rides are designed to keep rain and snow out with minimal disassembly but let's remember that Chaos sat on the ground in pieces with everything exposed.
Goku1910

Postby gottastrata33 on February 29th, 2024, 2:40 am
Oh see that's what I mean then, as in wasn't expecting it to be sold off as it didn't seem like it would be in good condition. So I certainly wouldn't assume they'd allow anyone to buy it cause of that. But here we are Gene haha.
gottastrata33

Postby Goku1910 on March 10th, 2024, 4:35 pm
For anyone that's a legacy member or season pass holder with parking, you might have gotten an e-mail allowing you to upgrade to speedy parking. Check your messages because I was able to add mine easily through their site and app.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterDave316 on March 10th, 2024, 6:23 pm
FParker185 wrote:I really with Gene would stop buying other peoples trash and maybe invest in a new ride here and there. King Chaos didn't work properly from the day it was first set up at SFGAm. I doubt they'll do any better, though I heard some issues were from the ballast tanks full of sand rather than water as designed

It always seemed to me like it was open a lot more then closed for most of it's tenure at SFGAm. Unlike Mardi Gras Hangover, which I rarely saw open.

I do agree though, I feel like Gene doesn't understand the purpose of a new ride. He's just buying old rides and installing them without even so much marketing them, which kinda defeats the purpose of the investment. I'd rather see him invest in some infrastructure in the park like new/updated bathrooms, landscaping etc. rather then adding more ride's he can't staff. I'd also like to see him to go back to tickets/wristbands for the rides and cheap admission to bring back the locals and crowds again. I think making the park Pay one price is the biggest mistake Morgan made. Then Apex and now Gene are just continuing the mistake. If it works for Knoebels, no reason it wouldn't work again at Indiana Beach like it previously did for years.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Sven18 on March 13th, 2024, 3:22 pm
Goku1910 wrote:For anyone that's a legacy member or season pass holder with parking, you might have gotten an e-mail allowing you to upgrade to speedy parking. Check your messages because I was able to add mine easily through their site and app.

Never received the email, However, when I saw they added it as a benefit for Platinum and Diamond passes, I read thru the page and linked it to my legacy membership. I will be flying for my trips to the CA and Tx parks, as well as GAdv. Hopefully the license plate change function works properly, suppose to be able to change it twice per month. Also, hopefully they mark the lanes properly. I can totally see people going into the wrong lanes and creating a back up or they don't make the signs early in the driveway, so it creates a can of worms of people switching lanes.
Sven18

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum