Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Coaster Justin on April 1st, 2022, 11:35 am
What about the people with allergies to chips?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby coasterfanatic on April 1st, 2022, 12:15 pm
anewman35 wrote:On a related food note, I saw that another park (SFoT, maybe) had replaced fries in combos with a bag of chips and the fries are an upcharge now. Wouldn't surprised me to see that kind of thing chainwide
That would be a huge step back. Salim talked about wanting to upgrade the food and beverage offerings at parks and that seems like it would be a huge step backwards

Certain changes could still be tied to the product shortages/production issues related to the pandemic which are still very much ongoing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby ilrider on April 1st, 2022, 12:39 pm
Strange post on FB from the park today saying, “We are RMCing Eagle! April Fool’s!” Now why would they want to piss people off like that?! Hope that is a teaser it is really coming something in the next couple years.
ilrider

Postby anewman35 on April 1st, 2022, 12:57 pm
ilrider wrote:Strange post on FB from the park today saying, “We are RMCing Eagle! April Fool’s!” Now why would they want to piss people off like that?! Hope that is a teaser it is really coming something in the next couple years.

Yeah, and it's not even a good joke if they're immediately going to admit it was a joke...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on April 1st, 2022, 12:58 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:What about the people with allergies to chips?

There are people allergic to chips and not fries? But not get anything, I guess?

I figured out where I saw it... https://twitter.com/screamscape/status/ ... JF8Hw&s=19
anewman35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 1st, 2022, 7:11 pm
Perhaps it's so they can milk out some revenue from Frito Lay by promoting their chips, eh??

"Frito Lay - Exclusive chip provider for Six Flags"
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Sven18 on April 9th, 2022, 8:36 am
NEW SUMMER PASS COMING?

This week SF introduced a new pass at Over Texas, Fiesta Texas, Frontier City, America & St Louis that only gets you access to your home park thru Labor Day, no other benefits or discounts. The price is $50(America, Stl, Frontier City) & $60(Fiesta Texas & Over Texas) You can add a parking pass for $45 good thru Labor Day.

Probably going to be at all parks & rolled out over time. in my opinion, This is really meant for families that were used to the cheap passes, but don't want to pay the $90 + fees/tax(Fiesta Texas) for 4 passes for example. They can buy 4 of these passes For $60, total of $240 & $45 for parking making the total$285 + fee/tax or 3 of these passes & 1 thrill seeker(to get parking & discounts), which would be $270 + fees/tax
Last edited by Sven18 on April 10th, 2022, 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 9th, 2022, 10:15 pm
Is the 4 meal and 10 meal pass a permanent thing going forward or a "trial product" to see how it does?

Also someone told me that he was able to buy a season dining pass (lunch only and maybe snack) during the Thanksgiving Friday sale. How long was that opportunity open?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on April 10th, 2022, 12:03 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Is the 4 meal and 10 meal pass a permanent thing going forward or a "trial product" to see how it does?

Also someone told me that he was able to buy a season dining pass (lunch only and maybe snack) during the Thanksgiving Friday sale. How long was that opportunity open?

I don't think anybody has any way to know what's 'permanent' at this point. They changed passes like 3 times just since the end of last season, so it seems likely things might keep changing until then get something that works.

I can confirm they had dining passes at Thanksgiving because I bought one too. I think they were available for a while past that, maybe even into March? I'm sure you could search through past messages and see, I think they disappeared the time time memberships did.
anewman35

Postby sfgamnthemoon on April 13th, 2022, 6:57 am
Theres a new press release I found from the park newsletter. Roaring Rapids is returning! Single rider lines will finally be added to Maxx Force, Justice League, Dark Knight and The Joker, and apparently Go Fresh at Orleans is turning back into "Bourbon Street Cafe."
sfgamnthemoon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 13th, 2022, 10:35 am
sfgamnthemoon wrote:Theres a new press release I found from the park newsletter. Roaring Rapids is returning! Single rider lines will finally be added to Maxx Force, Justice League, Dark Knight and The Joker, and apparently Go Fresh at Orleans is turning back into "Bourbon Street Cafe."

Didn't Joker and Justice League already have single rider lines?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on April 14th, 2022, 1:53 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
sfgamnthemoon wrote:Theres a new press release I found from the park newsletter. Roaring Rapids is returning! Single rider lines will finally be added to Maxx Force, Justice League, Dark Knight and The Joker, and apparently Go Fresh at Orleans is turning back into "Bourbon Street Cafe."

Justice League had signs for one but it seemed to rarely if ever actually be open.
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on April 14th, 2022, 1:53 pm
2022 map is on the website now. At a quick glance seems the same except for DC Universe stuff.
anewman35

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 14th, 2022, 2:54 pm
anewman35 wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

Justice League had signs for one but it seemed to rarely if ever actually be open.

Joker for sure used to have one because I used it in 2017 and probably 2018

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on April 15th, 2022, 8:24 pm
Can we talk about this mess? They couldn't use a photo of V2 & photoshop/edit it? Like this was the HONEST better choice? Lol Image

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby sfgamnthemoon on April 15th, 2022, 9:09 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Can we talk about this mess? They couldn't use a photo of V2 & photoshop/edit it? Like this was the HONEST better choice? Lol Image

They definitely could’ve done better with that because they used a Vekoma SLC and V2 from Discovery Kingdom on the cover, it’s a mess

sfgamnthemoon

Postby Sven18 on April 16th, 2022, 10:27 am
Sven18 wrote:NEW SUMMER PASS COMING?

This week SF introduced a new pass at Over Texas, Fiesta Texas, Frontier City, America & St Louis that only gets you access to your home park thru Labor Day, no other benefits or discounts. The price is $50(America, Stl, Frontier City) & $60(Fiesta Texas & Over Texas) You can add a parking pass for $45 good thru Labor Day.

Probably going to be at all parks & rolled out over time. in my opinion, This is really meant for families that were used to the cheap passes, but don't want to pay the $90 + fees/tax(Fiesta Texas) for 4 passes for example. They can buy 4 of these passes For $60, total of $240 & $45 for parking making the total$285 + fee/tax or 3 of these passes & 1 thrill seeker(to get parking & discounts), which would be $270 + fees/tax

SUMMER PASS became chain wide on 4/14. It's $70 at Great America, includes parking, but not the Huricane Harbor(HH)

Over Texas $60 includes HH
Fiesta Texas $60 includes HH
Frontier City $50 includes HH
America $50 includes parking
St Louis $50 includes parking & HH
Over Georgia $60 includes White water park
Escape $55
Darien Lake $55
Magic Mtn $100
New England $60 includes parking
Great Adv $70 includes parking
Discovery $60 includes Concord water park
LaRonde $70 Canadian($55.50 USD)
Sven18

Postby RobSFGAm on April 16th, 2022, 10:53 am
Sven18 wrote:
Sven18 wrote:NEW SUMMER PASS COMING?

SUMMER PASS became chain wide on 4/14. It's $70 at Great America, includes parking, but not the Huricane Harbor(HH)

Over Texas $60 includes HH
Fiesta Texas $60 includes HH
Frontier City $50 includes HH
America $50 includes parking
St Louis $50 includes parking & HH
Over Georgia $60 includes White water park
Escape $55
Darien Lake $55
Magic Mtn $100
New England $60 includes parking
Great Adv $70 includes parking
Discovery $60 includes Concord water park
LaRonde $70 Canadian($55.50 USD)

2022 Thrill Seeker Pass is still a much better deal as you get HH, the entire season, 1 skip he line. Not sure what the Summer Pass is? It is he no blackout dates?
RobSFGAm

Postby Sven18 on April 16th, 2022, 1:53 pm
RobSFGAm wrote:
2022 Thrill Seeker Pass is still a much better deal as you get HH, the entire season, 1 skip he line. Not sure what the Summer Pass is? It is he no blackout dates?

Summer Pass gets you into the park just until Labor Day. Yes, for $10 more you get the fall w/ the blackout days via the Thrill Pass. They might be getting push back on the new passes. This cheaper pass might entice price sensitive people, that might need to buy passes for a family of 4 or more.
Sven18

Postby coasterfanatic on April 17th, 2022, 9:04 am
The free parking still doesn’t make sense because a family of four who buys passes for their kids doesn’t need the parking on every pass. The parking should be an add on and goes against Salems “premiumization” model.

coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on April 22nd, 2022, 10:50 pm
This is very random but who did I meet at Raging Bull on opening day?! I'm drawing a blank & feel horrible I cannot remember! [emoji28]

I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby UnclePennybags on April 23rd, 2022, 10:54 am
gottastrata33 wrote:This is very random but who did I meet at Raging Bull on opening day?! I'm drawing a blank & feel horrible I cannot remember!

It's been a while since I've done this, but in my mind's eye I see that you met...Howie Dorough from the singing group, Backstreet Boys.
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 23rd, 2022, 2:26 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:This is very random but who did I meet at Raging Bull on opening day?! I'm drawing a blank & feel horrible I cannot remember! [emoji28]

You met me there!! I recognized you from your profile photo (on X-Flight) !!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby sfgamnthemoon on April 23rd, 2022, 2:31 pm
Visited the park today. Batman and Joker are open, and Yankee/DC area is now walkable.

Capone’s has remained the same, though the extension was built. There is a more open pathway now, Whirligig is basically gone for now, there are footers for the new DC Universe sign, Captain Salty’s is still operational for now, Jack’s Snacks has now been turned into Gotham City Snacks and V2 has some of The Flash decals on it.

In addition, the Yankee bridge entrance from Yukon is now blue.

sfgamnthemoon

Postby Goku1910 on April 24th, 2022, 10:48 pm
I posted some images of what was mentioned above.

See here: https://imgur.com/gallery/cDsFcmV
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum