Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby DejaVu2001 on January 24th, 2022, 5:12 pm
anewman35 wrote:I just realized No Coaster Con happened already. Was the park there (given recent events, would understand if they weren't)? And if so, did they announce anything interesting?

SFGAm did not present at No Coaster this year.
DejaVu2001

Postby coasterfanatic on February 23rd, 2022, 2:49 am
So according to Screamsacpe, beginning March 1, no Six Flags park will offer memberships or dining passes and this will be the last year that dining passes will be accepted at the park.

The article also states not to expect Six Flags to grandfather anyone into memberships beyond anything they are already committed too (initial 12 month commitments, those who already have one for 2022 etc)

The Q4 2021 earnings call is Thursday so I assume we will get more info from the new CEO then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Sven18 on February 23rd, 2022, 11:10 am
It is Screamscape so take things with a grain of salt on some his claims. 9 of the 15 parks are on the new system already. Yes, it is moving to all parks, they never gave any warning on dates.

Six Flags said that it would continue the Membership program for current members, as long as they make their payments. So, people are grandfathered as long as they keep paying & don't give SF a reason to cancel you based on the agreement terms. SF can however raise the price at anytime & will likely do that.

The number of members as of Q3 was 2.2M, while there were 5.4M pass holders. So, SF can still move towards their goal of higher price points b/c 70% of total base are on passes, so they will have to go into the new system.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on February 28th, 2022, 12:42 pm
NEW PASS SYSTEM ADDED TODAY TO GREAT AMERICA

Thrill Pass $80 - black out dates FF saturdays & July 2,3 & water park 2 weekends
Extreme $170
Ultimate $300

Also changed at Great Escape & GAdv today, only 3 parks with memberships for sale at the moment
Sven18

Postby Jodon on February 28th, 2022, 1:59 pm
Looks like All-Season dining is still available though instead of the new 5 or 10 meal plans.
Jodon

Postby Sven18 on February 28th, 2022, 2:38 pm
SF seems determined to make things a complicated with products varying by parks, that is going to tick many people off.

It seems the parks added today GaM GAdv, New England, DL, Stl while offering the new passes, they are still offering the standard meal plans. Also, they are still have memberships. Going to be a lot of upset people at other parks that are going to be forced into the passes, while these parks get to keep their old system completely & just tack on the new higher priced passes as an option. SF is also offering 2 free Jr passes (under 42inches) if you have Extreme or Ultimate, which might be enticing to some.

This might be SF trying to do a direct test of the new system vs memberships or their IT just didn't change everything yet.
Sven18

Postby RobSFGAm on February 28th, 2022, 6:20 pm
The "Buy Now" on the Season Dining pass is no longer available for season passes. I think they initially forgot to remove it, but now it is gone.
RobSFGAm

Postby Tardis1972 on February 28th, 2022, 9:09 pm
So I have a question to ask.
Will I still be able to use my all season gold plus pass or do I have buy one of new three passes now.

Edit: Never mind the app says it’s good until January 1st 2023.
Tardis1972

Postby Sven18 on March 1st, 2022, 9:18 am
RobSFGAm wrote:The "Buy Now" on the Season Dining pass is no longer available for season passes. I think they initially forgot to remove it, but now it is gone.

SF poor IT, had memberships & their add ons & unlimited dining for passes on the websites of all the parks that changed up for about 8 to 10 hours. They have corrected it so they are like all other parks...no memberships & the 4 meals for $40 packs
Last edited by Sven18 on March 1st, 2022, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on March 1st, 2022, 2:50 pm
INTERESTING READING IN SIX FLAGS ANNUAL REPORT:

In 2022, we are excited to add.....

(viii)DC Universe, a newly themed area featuring three reimagined attractions at Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, IL);
---so this is clearly the retheme of V2, whirlwigg, 3rd ride Yankee Clipper? & Yankee Harbor is now going to be DC Universe. This change was coming after the adding of Joker & Batman invert being there for 20+ years

(ix) a rebrand of the Jr. Thrill seekers family area and Medusa top-rail floorless coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure (Jackson, NJ);

This one at GAdv of top rail floorless coaster is baffling .
1)Did I miss an announcement ?
2)Do they they plan to announce something late & start building during the season to open by end of 2022?
3 Is this just a retheme of Bizarro? If it's a retheme of Bizarro, why the "top rail" description?
Sven18

Postby anewman35 on March 1st, 2022, 4:52 pm
RIP Yankee Harbor :-(
anewman35

Postby Coaster Justin on March 1st, 2022, 5:25 pm
So will Capone's become Teen Titans Pizza?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 1st, 2022, 8:19 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:So will Capone's become Teen Titans Pizza?

How about "Gotham City Grub" ??
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on March 1st, 2022, 9:02 pm
If you want to read the actual annual report it is here:

https://otp.tools.investis.com/clients/ ... ndex=10000

Of possible interest, they list Great America/Hurricane Harbor Gurnee as '304 acres—combination theme park and waterpark and approximately 30 acres of potentially developable land' - although some or all of the two gate parks point that out. Language they haven't bothered to update? Sign they're reversing the change from last year? And I wonder where that 30 acres is...
anewman35

Postby JackGlass on March 1st, 2022, 9:57 pm
anewman35 wrote:If you want to read the actual annual report it is here:

Of possible interest, they list Great America/Hurricane Harbor Gurnee as '304 acres—combination theme park and waterpark and approximately 30 acres of potentially developable land' - although some or all of the two gate parks point that out. Language they haven't bothered to update? Sign they're reversing the change from last year? And I wonder where that 30 acres is...

It's the wooded area behind the employee parking lot.
JackGlass

Postby coasterfanatic on March 2nd, 2022, 4:03 am
anewman35 wrote:If you want to read the actual annual report it is here:

They’ve mentioned that 30 acres for years. Every year it’s listed. Same description.

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 2nd, 2022, 2:16 pm
Sven18 wrote:NEW PASS SYSTEM ADDED TODAY TO GREAT AMERICA

Thrill Pass $80 - black out dates FF saturdays & July 2,3 & water park 2 weekends
Extreme $170
Ultimate $300

Also changed at Great Escape & GAdv today, only 3 parks with memberships for sale at the moment

The blackout dates have changed for Great America and Hurricane Harbor:

Thrill Seeker Benefits
Access to Six Flags Great America, Hurricane Harbor Chicago, & Hurricane Harbor Rockford on select dates
General Parking
1 Skip the Line Pass (Weekday Visit; Theme Park Only)
2 Specialty Rate Tickets for Friends & Family
Six Flags Rewards
Blockout dates:
Six Flags Great America: 10/15,10/22,10/29
Hurricane Harbor Chicago: 7/30, 7/31, 8/6, 8/7
Hurricane Harbor Rockford: None
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on March 2nd, 2022, 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 2nd, 2022, 2:24 pm
I went to see if the Season Dining Pass is available and I noticed 2 things:
1) It only mentions snack and lunch (no dinner)
2) There's no link to actually purchase it!

Is there still option to buy Season Dining Pass with Snack, Lunch and Dinner ?
Attachments
Six Flags Site - Season Add-Ons_20220302.jpg

CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on March 2nd, 2022, 3:00 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I went to see if the Season Dining Pass is available and I noticed 2 things:

I don’t believe so. Dining passes have been discontinued and are now a 4 meal or 10 meal plan.

coasterfanatic

Postby Sven18 on March 2nd, 2022, 5:01 pm
Dining is only the 4 pack now, the 10 pack was available initially at the 4 parks that changed first, but has since been removed as a add on purchase. Another change from the initial offerings, Extreme & Ultimate passes are not showing the drink bottle included. They also don't currently have all season drink bottle purchase option on the sites. It's probably bad SF IT again.
Sven18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 2nd, 2022, 5:18 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I went to see if the Season Dining Pass is available and I noticed 2 things:

I don’t believe so. Dining passes have been discontinued and are now a 4 meal or 10 meal plan.

Those 4 and 10 meal plans are only available by buying a higher level Season Pass now?
If so, Six Flags might have just done me a huge favor! No more waiting in those super long/slow food lines. I'll just go back to bringing my own food..

It seems to me that Six Flags has changed the pass tiers and offerings multiple times already before our park has even opened??

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Sven18 on March 2nd, 2022, 5:27 pm
The 10 meal plan comes included with Ultimate, can't be bought as add on.
The 4 plan meal plan can be bought by any level pass holder or member as an add on.

Yes, the offerings keep changing, so people who buy them should document the benefits at time of purchase.
Sven18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 31st, 2022, 11:08 am
Was curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the revised meal pass. I was going to buy the 4 meal pass and with taxes and fees it's 48.78. I might just go back to my old method of bringing food and eating at the car!

I'm also wondering with the new dining pass structure if the food lines will now be somewhat shorter since there will probably be less people buying the dining pass?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on March 31st, 2022, 12:13 pm
Yes. They absolutely will. The whole reason for getting rid of the all season dining was to reduce the wait times for food which got completely ridiculous.

Not to mention that it wasn’t sustainable at the price they were charging.

coasterfanatic

Postby anewman35 on March 31st, 2022, 1:52 pm
On a related food note, I saw that another park (SFoT, maybe) had replaced fries in combos with a bag of chips and the fries are an upcharge now. Wouldn't surprised me to see that kind of thing chainwide
anewman35

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum