Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby UnclePennybags on July 6th, 2021, 4:20 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:...I too was quite surprised to see how crowded it was. My thinking was that everyone would be in HH to ride Tsunami since it was going to be a very hot day.

As for Giant Drop, it was running early in the day. During my 2 rides on it, it appeared to me that HH wasn't very busy around noon or 1230. 2 rides on Raging Bull and an early day ride on Viper also gave me the same vantage point of HH not being busy.

From Raging Bull at about 3:30 PM, my brother also thought that Hurricane Harbor (HH) wasn't that busy. I myself saw lots of people, but I didn't think it was mobbed.

Up until this last visit, I assumed that HH would eat up crowds on a hot day. This may be true, but it doesn't take into account that more people will be making a trip to the waterpark solely because it *is* hot, and these extra people can push the capacity of the waterpark to its limit. Perhaps then you get an overflow to the dry park, causing it to be busier on a hot day than what would otherwise be the case.

Regardless of how busy HH actually was, those lines outside the park were way too long. I felt bad for the people having to stand in them for 45 to 90 minutes. If this sort of thing happens with regularity, they should be installing misters to cool the guests off, or they should at least cover the queues.

CoasterRiderSC wrote:They really need to solve their staffing issues to get as many rides running and food shops open as they can.
That chicken place by Eagle hasn't been open on any day I've gone (5 total trips this year!), and the nachos/funnel cake place across from Demon hasn't been open either.

Demon Snacks was open, but was only serving via mobile ordering. You had to walk around to the right side of the building to pick up your food.
UnclePennybags

Postby anewman35 on July 8th, 2021, 10:43 pm
Looks like they're going to start having Starbucks at Go Fresh Cafe? Looking forward to hearing more about this once it starts...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CRFp-Ldh3wp ... =copy_link
anewman35

Postby sfgamnthemoon on July 14th, 2021, 7:51 pm
anewman35 wrote:Looks like they're going to start having Starbucks at Go Fresh Cafe? Looking forward to hearing more about this once it starts...

Has anyone tried it yet? I wonder if they allow using the dining plan (which is highly unlikely) and let people use their starbucks rewards.
sfgamnthemoon

Postby anewman35 on July 14th, 2021, 11:44 pm
sfgamnthemoon wrote:
anewman35 wrote:Looks like they're going to start having Starbucks at Go Fresh Cafe? Looking forward to hearing more about this once it starts...

Has anyone tried it yet? I wonder if they allow using the dining plan (which is highly unlikely) and let people use their starbucks rewards.

The same account later posted the menu, and it's surprisingly similar (even in price) to an actual Starbucks... Didn't say anything about dining plan or rewards though.
anewman35

Postby Jodon on July 22nd, 2021, 10:03 pm
Does anyone on here have experience using the flash pass on their smartphone? Did/do you prefer it to the old fob or wrist?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jodon

Postby UnclePennybags on July 23rd, 2021, 12:54 am
Jodon wrote:Does anyone on here have experience using the flash pass on their smartphone? Did/do you prefer it to the old fob or wrist?

I'm not aware they're offering the Flash Pass via smartphones. I know they've put out feelers via surveys, but I didn't think they had implemented anything yet. However, if the option existed, I'd rather use my phone. One less device to tote around the park.
UnclePennybags

Postby FParker185 on July 25th, 2021, 8:06 pm
Never used flash pass before, but I needed to a few weeks ago at SFOT as everyone and their mother was there, so no idea about the FOB, but I used it on my phone, I didn't have any issues with it, other than costing what it costs, have no complaints about line jumping at a park I rarely visit.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Jodon on July 28th, 2021, 1:40 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:
Jodon wrote:Does anyone on here have experience using the flash pass on their smartphone? Did/do you prefer it to the old fob or wrist?

I'm not aware they're offering the Flash Pass via smartphones. I know they've put out feelers via surveys, but I didn't think they had implemented anything yet. However, if the option existed, I'd rather use my phone. One less device to tote around the park.

I used the mobile phone flash pass on my visit with my nephew on Sunday. I much preferred using my phone to the physical flash pass devices. I didn't actually order the flash pass, so I'm not sure if it's a separate option, but I did love the fact that I did not have to wait in that horrendous line at the Flash Pass center. If you have the option to use the mobile flash pass, do it!

One note about the current flash pass for those that may be thinking about getting one...several rides (Viper and V2 for example) listed on the flash pass did not have a flash pass attendant working so we were not able to reserve a time for the ride even though the rides were operating.
Jodon

Postby staticshadows on August 8th, 2021, 9:39 pm
Google Earth updated. The path of the train remained the same after Maxx Force and Tsunami Surge construction.
staticshadows

Postby UnclePennybags on August 17th, 2021, 2:36 pm
Jodon wrote:I used the mobile phone flash pass on my visit with my nephew on Sunday. I much preferred using my phone to the physical flash pass devices. I didn't actually order the flash pass, so I'm not sure if it's a separate option, but I did love the fact that I did not have to wait in that horrendous line at the Flash Pass center. If you have the option to use the mobile flash pass, do it!

How were you able to use your phone with the Flash Pass?
UnclePennybags

Postby CoasterDemon on August 17th, 2021, 4:15 pm
Hey guys, is there a bring a friend free this year? Does ACE still get a free Six Flags day? I've got a six flags voucher on my desktop, but I have no idea what it's for! Wanted to take a friend.

I think it's the last week they're open... haven't kept up, and trying not get on the six flags site (or call the park haha!)
CoasterDemon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 18th, 2021, 1:28 pm
CoasterDemon wrote:Hey guys, is there a bring a friend free this year? Does ACE still get a free Six Flags day? I've got a six flags voucher on my desktop, but I have no idea what it's for! Wanted to take a friend.

I think it's the last week they're open... haven't kept up, and trying not get on the six flags site (or call the park haha!)

For Gold Season passholders (and members too I'm assuming) there were 2 Free Friend events this week!!

8/16 or 8/17
8/18, 8/19 or 8/20

It was 2 separate items in my benefits list so I believe you could bring TWO free people this week!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterDemon on August 18th, 2021, 1:31 pm
^Thank you! Can I take the friend and present my pass? I'm trying to NOT have to mess with the site which ... seems to frustrate me so much.

update - I did log on, was bad but not horrible (the system took me back to the "update your address" page 3 times?) and I just need to show up with my pass, no print out necessary (according to the site, anyway).
CoasterDemon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 19th, 2021, 1:46 pm
CoasterDemon wrote:^Thank you! Can I take the friend and present my pass? I'm trying to NOT have to mess with the site which ... seems to frustrate me so much.

update - I did log on, was bad but not horrible (the system took me back to the "update your address" page 3 times?) and I just need to show up with my pass, no print out necessary (according to the site, anyway).

YES! You present your pass for you, and say "I'm bringing a friend" and the person will then scan it a 2nd time for your friend.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterDemon on August 26th, 2021, 8:02 am
^Turned out to be a decent 3.5 hours at the park on Friday 8/20. I took a friend who hadn't been there for years. Despite every single flat ride being closed (minus Triple Play) we got on a few coasters.

Whizzer 2 times; a coaster person I know was running the ride, which would explain why the trains never stacked. Great job! Still one of the highest quality rides in the park; great ride, length, comfort, well-kept, trains always look classic and brand new. And the engineering... perfect. Hinged track, never a vibration.
CoasterDemon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 27th, 2021, 6:46 pm
Has anyone used the $13 voucher from the Kroll Settlement? Just wondering if I have to convert that to the new card or can I use it as it is?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 27th, 2021, 10:54 pm
BTW, Demon had the fog on in the skull on Friday 8/20! It made the ride even better. All that's missing now from effects is the blood waterfall.

Does anyone know if the fog will be on for good, going forward?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterDemon on September 5th, 2021, 3:45 pm
^I hope the fog stays! It's usually on for Fright Fest, isn't it? The first tunnel used to gush steam, too! But not for long... just the early 80s I'm thinking. Before they started removing the themeing from the ride. Either way, love my Demon!
CoasterDemon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 7th, 2021, 10:57 am
Update: I used the $13 vouchers from the Kroll settlement. I did NOT need to convert to a Six Flags card.

I just printed them out and they are like a "store credit" at Six Flags for anything! I used them in a gift shop and for food. And you don't have to use up the entire $13 in one purchase.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby onyxhotel08 on September 7th, 2021, 3:55 pm
V2 closed for the season?! WHY
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby coasterfanatic on September 7th, 2021, 3:58 pm
onyxhotel08 wrote:V2 closed for the season?! WHY
I haven’t been to the park recently to confirm, but someone told me they got new seats on the train and the seats are now black. So maybe a possible retheme?

coasterfanatic

Postby onyxhotel08 on September 7th, 2021, 4:15 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
onyxhotel08 wrote:V2 closed for the season?! WHY
I haven’t been to the park recently to confirm, but someone told me they got new seats on the train and the seats are now black. So maybe a possible retheme?

Bad timing to close it right before Fright Fest.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 7th, 2021, 6:06 pm
I saw on Instagram that it is being rethemed to the flash. Not much credibility but that’s what I’ve seen.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby sfgamnthemoon on September 7th, 2021, 7:00 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:I saw on Instagram that it is being rethemed to the flash. Not much credibility but that’s what I’ve seen.

It's all speculation but its probably likely because of the coaster con video but who knows
sfgamnthemoon

Postby UnclePennybags on September 8th, 2021, 11:18 am
It'd be funny if all we got for 2022 is a rethemed ride. Kinda like regifting a child's toy to the same child, but calling the toy by a different name and pretending it's actually better than the original.
Last edited by UnclePennybags on September 9th, 2021, 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnclePennybags

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum