Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 4th, 2017, 6:17 pm
DDD got a $5 price reduction. It's now $15 for singles, $30 for doubles, and $45 for triples.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby maxwellt on June 4th, 2017, 11:12 pm
Hmm, maybe they're seeing if they could get more ridership, and if they don't then it could possibly be on the chopping block

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Coaster Justin on June 5th, 2017, 12:54 am
doubleb wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:Theirs was called Catwoman Whip. Would not be against it.

My 5 Wishes for next year:
- Funtime Star Flyer
- Zamperla Giant Discovery
- Demon Revamp with Soft Straps
- Camp Cartoon into DC Superfriends Land
- Proslide Rocket Slide

Star Flyer would be a waste with the high limit on SFGAM. Star Flyers are only really thrilling when you get the big ones..400ft

Demon needs to go to the scrap yard along with the other 40+ yr old Arrow Loopers like Viper at SFMM. SFMM Viper is likely gone soon considering they spent money repainting Riddler for a color scheme change, didn't really need painting. Meanwhile Viper is horrible faded, by far the worst in the park and they didn't paint it. Might hint it's on its last legs, so why repaint it.

No water park stuff again, the park needs flat rides way more than it needs water park stuff. The park has no signature or top notch flat ride. Other top SF parks while still not great on flats, have at least 1 signature flat .ie..SFMM and GAdv both have 400ft or higher drop towers. Something SFGAm can't have. The best flat the park should petition for would be a Zamperla Giant Discovery, 2nd choice Zamperla Endeavour. The fact SF has not installed another Endeavour is not a good sign though. If SF is happy with how a ride works with operations, capacity, ridership, etc..they clone it. They have put in several more Discoveries, so they are happy it seems. No more Endeavours so they might not be so keen on it.

I have been on 150ft Star Flyers and 300ft Wind Seekers and I can tell you Star Flyers are way scarier.
Viper opened in 1990, So It's 27 not 40.
Also Demon tends to always get lines. At least when I go.
Zamperla Endeavor, Could it be that Zamperla was working on 20+ rides for OWA park in Alabama and was pretty busy?

Also about Six Flags only buying one, Let's list some other things they only bought 1-2 of and then bought more years later
2002- Scooby Doo at SFFT/SFStL: Wouldn't be Until 2015 that they would add more Interactive Dark Rides
2005- Pandemonium at SFNE: Wouldn't be Until 2007 that they would add more
2005- Typhoon at SFNE: Wouldn't be Until 2007 when they added Deluge and wouldn't be until 2017 they would build another Waterslide Coaster
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby RollingCoasting on June 8th, 2017, 8:52 am
Screenshot_20170608-085124.png

The sign is here!
RollingCoasting

Postby great america fan on June 8th, 2017, 9:05 am
The lobster sign is almost complete and I must say it's a nice throw back.
great america fan

Postby cliffhanger on June 8th, 2017, 10:56 am
RollingCoasting wrote:
The sign is here!

Ohhh, I like it! This ride is going to look so classy when its done!
cliffhanger

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 11th, 2017, 3:28 pm
I haven't been to the park in a few weeks, can anyone update me on what's going on with the imax theater currently? Kinda wanna see screams and dreams not sure if they are showing it though.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RollingCoasting on June 11th, 2017, 4:03 pm
It's been closed all year
RollingCoasting

Postby Goku1910 on June 11th, 2017, 5:10 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:I haven't been to the park in a few weeks, can anyone update me on what's going on with the imax theater currently? Kinda wanna see screams and dreams not sure if they are showing it though.

I don't see Screams and Dreams making a return anytime soon.
Goku1910

Postby hook13 on June 11th, 2017, 10:52 pm
I caught a bit of the country show this weekend and efx 360...at least singing was live, better production values than 6fSTL....any reason they don't use live DC characters instead of just looney toons? My 3 year old would go nuts if batman or superman was walking around, or a DC inspired stunt show......
hook13

Postby anewman35 on June 11th, 2017, 11:17 pm
hook13 wrote:I caught a bit of the country show this weekend and efx 360...at least singing was live, better production values than 6fSTL....any reason they don't use live DC characters instead of just looney toons? My 3 year old would go nuts if batman or superman was walking around, or a DC inspired stunt show......

My guess would be that maybe there are licensing restrictions on what they can do and what they can't (for example, maybe they have a blanket licence for DC rides, but having shows/characters would be an additional expense). Could be totally wrong, but if they could do it and it wouldn't cost them anything you'd really think they would...
anewman35

Postby cliffhanger on June 12th, 2017, 9:00 am
anewman35 wrote:My guess would be that maybe there are licensing restrictions on what they can do and what they can't (for example, maybe they have a blanket licence for DC rides, but having shows/characters would be an additional expense). Could be totally wrong, but if they could do it and it wouldn't cost them anything you'd really think they would...

I'm pretty sure they have the license for all the DC characters, I would think its just an issue of finding talent and having no "meet n' greet" areas. When a new ride opens or they have a special event, they will bring out the DC Characters. But they probably only book talent for the day. Im sure if they wanted to, they could have characters more often but there are really no areas they could set up a picture spot that wouldn't block traffic. Six Flags Magic Mountain just opened a Superman meet n' greet so I guess it can happen.
cliffhanger

Postby Coaster Justin on June 12th, 2017, 12:19 pm
cliffhanger wrote:
anewman35 wrote:My guess would be that maybe there are licensing restrictions on what they can do and what they can't (for example, maybe they have a blanket licence for DC rides, but having shows/characters would be an additional expense). Could be totally wrong, but if they could do it and it wouldn't cost them anything you'd really think they would...

I'm pretty sure they have the license for all the DC characters, I would think its just an issue of finding talent and having no "meet n' greet" areas. When a new ride opens or they have a special event, they will bring out the DC Characters. But they probably only book talent for the day. Im sure if they wanted to, they could have characters more often but there are really no areas they could set up a picture spot that wouldn't block traffic. Six Flags Magic Mountain just opened a Superman meet n' greet so I guess it can happen.

I would love a Harley Quinn Meet N' Greet or Power Girl Meet N' Greet (And now I've just offended the entire female audience.)

Coaster Justin

Postby hook13 on June 12th, 2017, 6:53 pm
interesting about MM, I checked out the youtube video of the superman meet and greet, didn't look much like superman, but cool to see it's possible. Batman might be easier to pull off, with the mask and all...
hook13

Postby anewman35 on June 12th, 2017, 6:54 pm
So I guess I was wrong, because the Six Flags website says this: "Our licensing agreement with DC Comics and Warner Bros. Consumer Products allows Six Flags the exclusive theme park rights to many of the world's greatest cartoon characters and super heroes, from Bugs Bunny and his Looney Tunes friends to DC Comics Super Heroes BATMAN, ROBIN, THE GREEN LANTERN, WONDER WOMAN and THE FLASH, enabling Six Flags to offer our 29 million guests a full character program, including character meet and greets, meals, photograph and autograph opportunities and new retail options."

Really feels like Six Flags is leaving some money on the table here, because I have to imagine they'd get more people in the park with DC themed stuff than they do with Looney Tunes (or even moreso with unbranded shows), but what do I know.
anewman35

Postby hook13 on June 12th, 2017, 7:06 pm
anewman35 wrote:So I guess I was wrong, because the Six Flags website says this: "Our licensing agreement with DC Comics and Warner Bros. Consumer Products allows Six Flags the exclusive theme park rights to many of the world's greatest cartoon characters and super heroes, from Bugs Bunny and his Looney Tunes friends to DC Comics Super Heroes BATMAN, ROBIN, THE GREEN LANTERN, WONDER WOMAN and THE FLASH, enabling Six Flags to offer our 29 million guests a full character program, including character meet and greets, meals, photograph and autograph opportunities and new retail options."

Really feels like Six Flags is leaving some money on the table here, because I have to imagine they'd get more people in the park with DC themed stuff than they do with Looney Tunes (or even moreso with unbranded shows), but what do I know.

agreed, these guys might be free on the weekends....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... ic_Con.jpg
hook13

Postby DeathbyDinn on June 12th, 2017, 11:18 pm
There used to be DC characters walking around the parks, and not just the main ones too, they had smaller characters that the general public aren't as familiar with. No idea why they disappeared, I think it's been at least since 2011 or 2012 that they've been in the park. Found a Flickr album showing off some of the characters that used to roam.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/superhero ... 549258004/
DeathbyDinn

Postby cliffhanger on June 13th, 2017, 9:59 am
DeathbyDinn wrote:There used to be DC characters walking around the parks, and not just the main ones too, they had smaller characters that the general public aren't as familiar with. No idea why they disappeared, I think it's been at least since 2011 or 2012 that they've been in the park.

I think they really missed the opportunity for Wonder Woman in the park. With the popularity of the new movie, they could easily do a special event with the character and maybe have a deal on capes or souvenirs. Sure, it wouldn't be the same costume as the movie, but I bet you people would be all over it!

It would be cool to see a street show with all the characters too. The plaza in front of BFM4D would be perfect for some kind of short stunt show or "hero training". Come on, SFGAm you've got an an audience waiting for the DC superheroes!
cliffhanger

Postby Coaster Justin on June 13th, 2017, 3:02 pm
They added a covering over one of the bridges of Hurricane Harbor. Wish they would do it for all the other walkways.

Coaster Justin

Postby BCarroll on June 13th, 2017, 8:52 pm
Demon Funnel Cakes and Snacks got a re-paint. Now is red and yellow, like Strutters and the Flash Pass building.
Been to may theme parks, in many countries. However, SFGAm is my home park and I love it!
BCarroll

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on June 13th, 2017, 8:57 pm
Does anyone have a picture? I already don't like it.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby cliffhanger on June 14th, 2017, 8:43 am
Whizzer Whiz Kid wrote:Does anyone have a picture? I already don't like it.

Id like to see a picture too. I dont think it would be that bad really. The colors of the sign are already red and yellow and those are kind of the original colors of the ride.
cliffhanger

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on June 15th, 2017, 8:24 pm
Here ya go. I liked the blue and white more tbh.Image

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby cliffhanger on June 16th, 2017, 9:17 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Here ya go. I liked the blue and white more tbh.Image

I think it looks great! I'd rather have bright colors than white that tends to get grimy after a while. But I don't think it works in Hometown Square with Strutters. It totally clashes with the old main street aesthetic
cliffhanger

Postby maxwellt on June 16th, 2017, 9:44 am
I like it. Colors fit with the demon logo

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum