Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New for 2016 - Justice League: Battle for Metropolis

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby great america fan on March 1st, 2016, 7:41 pm
CoasterCale wrote:Well Mexico's is supposedly opening later this month. Not to use this as a guide as all projects are different. But I would more think of Goliath if anything. It should open in June at the latest.

According to the parks Twitter indoor themeing is about to begin. you also have to remember that Goliath was built over one of the worst winter's Chicago has ever had and most of justice league's work is interior from this point out so whether dosn't makes a difference now.
great america fan

Postby FParker185 on March 1st, 2016, 9:06 pm
Also Great America is not doing the thematic elements, so those might get done in a timely manner
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby CoasterCale on March 2nd, 2016, 1:59 pm
Fair enough. Btw, it's weather. lol
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 2nd, 2016, 2:03 pm
FParker185 wrote:Also Great America is not doing the thematic elements, so those might get done in a timely manner

Wait, what? I thought the whole point of JL was to be the most well-themed attraction for a SF park.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby sfgam1976 on March 2nd, 2016, 8:19 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:
FParker185 wrote:Also Great America is not doing the thematic elements, so those might get done in a timely manner

Wait, what? I thought the whole point of JL was to be the most well-themed attraction for a SF park.

When did Six Flags claim that? Pretty sure the point of JL is to introduce a new attraction.

He's talking about Six Flags employees aren't the ones constructing the themed elements.
sfgam1976

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 2nd, 2016, 10:08 pm
sfgam1976 wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:

When did Six Flags claim that? Pretty sure the point of JL is to introduce a new attraction.

He's talking about Six Flags employees aren't the ones constructing the themed elements.

Oh wait, I misworded that. I meant that it's supposed to be GAm's most themed attraction. I know the point of it is to add a new ride/get rid of another hole. But that makes sense now. I thought FParker meant that the park won't be adding the theming period. My apologies.

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on March 3rd, 2016, 2:00 pm
SFM's is actually having it's Media Day today, and will open to the public tomorrow. Then again, they started construction earlier than us.

CoasterCale

Postby FParker185 on March 3rd, 2016, 8:42 pm
Yeah, the construction site now has been turned over to Sally, they will coordinate the install of all that stuff.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Jacklw6499 on March 7th, 2016, 11:54 am
HAHAHAHA REMEMBER WHEN EVERYONE THOUGHT THAT POLTERGEIST WAS GETTING RELOCATED TO SFGAM :lol:
Favorite Coasters I've Ridden:
Steel: 1. Maverick 2. Steel Vengeance 3. X2 4. Storm Chaser 5. Twisted Colossus
Wood: 1. The Voyage 2. Renegade 3. Mystic Timbers 4. The Legend 5. The Beast
Great America: 1. Maxx Force 2. Goliath 3. Raging Bull 4. Batman: The Ride 5. X-Flight

Coaster Count: 118
Go Hawks!
Jacklw6499

Postby JaminOut on March 7th, 2016, 4:33 pm
I think it would have been a great ride to have. Who cares if it would have been a relocation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterCale on March 8th, 2016, 9:10 am
I personally wouldn't have minded. It's another coaster to our lineup, or rather would have been.

CoasterCale

Postby great america fan on March 10th, 2016, 9:52 pm
ImageImageImageImage looks like the first room is finished via the parks Facebook

great america fan

Postby RBullFan97 on March 10th, 2016, 10:19 pm
Wow, I haven't posted on here in a long time. Anyway, I feel Justice League will be a great addition to the park and is definitely filling a void that the park had for a long time, which is the lack of a dark ride. I'm also glad it's going in it's own area and won't encroach on the Southwest Territory theme. Based on the above pictures, it seems like construction is going smoothly. Hopefully it'll be ready as early as possible in the 2016 season.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 11th, 2016, 12:18 am
Holy hell the detail.

They even put the wire frame in the broken concrete. I have high expectations, and won't be surprised if this ride exceeds them.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby CoasterCale on March 11th, 2016, 9:14 am
I rarely have expectations so I am often very impressed. So in general if I am disappointed, somebody really screwed up.

CoasterCale

Postby anewman35 on March 11th, 2016, 10:48 am
They seem to be far enough that I can't see why it would possibly take more than two more months to finish, so I wonder if they would open early or if they're (stupidly) locked to the already announced Late May date.
anewman35

Postby great america fan on March 12th, 2016, 11:08 am
Does anyone know if the gift shop will be inside the actual ride building or a separate building

great america fan

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 12th, 2016, 2:18 pm
^I'm fairly certain it'll be in the ride building.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby marcusleshock on March 14th, 2016, 8:58 pm
Hey everyone! It's Marcus Leshock from the WGN-TV Morning News. Just letting you all know that we took a tour of the Justice League construction and we are airing a story on it tomorrow morning - that's Tuesday 3/15. It will air at 445am, 540am and again in our 9am hour. If you miss it, it will be on our website of course. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were interested. Love the conversations on this board! Set your DVRs for Channel 9!
marcusleshock

Postby RBullFan97 on March 14th, 2016, 9:05 pm
marcusleshock wrote:Hey everyone! It's Marcus Leshock from the WGN-TV Morning News. Just letting you all know that we took a tour of the Justice League construction and we are airing a story on it tomorrow morning - that's Tuesday 3/15. It will air at 445am, 540am and again in our 9am hour. If you miss it, it will be on our website of course. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you were interested. Love the conversations on this board! Set your DVRs for Channel 9!

Thanks! I always look forward to your Great America stories. :)
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on March 14th, 2016, 9:42 pm
Ooh I can't wait! It'll be nice to see the inside of the building instead of outside it every day.

Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby B&MGuy35 on March 15th, 2016, 8:00 am
Great Story Marcus! From the looks of it our version will be similar to the St. Louis one with the larger station and longer ride up to the 1st scene. I'm very glad to see this at it will mean a bigger capacity in the long run. The Over Texas version you immediately turn into a room with a screen and the loading station is rather small.

Good to see how far along the theming is already although you were only in the 1st & 2nd room basically. How much of the other stuff is done? Were you able to walk through the whole thing or just that part?

Thanks again Marcus!

B&MGuy35

Postby CoasterCale on March 15th, 2016, 8:56 am
Thanks Marcus. I'll take a look at it during my lunch today.

CoasterCale

Postby hoju74 on March 15th, 2016, 9:53 am
Anyone know where to find the story online ? I only found a preview from last September.
hoju74

Postby DejaVu2001 on March 15th, 2016, 10:39 am
B&MGuy35 wrote:Great Story Marcus! From the looks of it our version will be similar to the St. Louis one with the larger station and longer ride up to the 1st scene. I'm very glad to see this at it will mean a bigger capacity in the long run. The Over Texas version you immediately turn into a room with a screen and the loading station is rather small.

That doesn't surprise me at all. SFOT was a special case working with a small site and awkwardly shaped building. I'm glad we're getting a new building designed specifically for this ride.
DejaVu2001

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum