Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Single Rider Lines

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on July 15th, 2017, 10:51 pm
Superman's SRQ has officially been discontinued. I've asked the park and they say it's not available.

So now it's just JLBFM, Joker, and Goliath.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on July 15th, 2017, 11:08 pm
Bummer. Guess I've taken my last ride on it for the year then :lol:
RollingCoasting

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on July 16th, 2017, 8:04 am
Looks like I will only have been on Great Adventure's this year. Walk on in the normal line, lol.
Favorite @ SFGAm - Eagle ~ Favorite Steel - Skyrush ~ Favorite Wood - El Toro
35 Rides on Eagle in 2015
68 Rides on Eagle in 2016
102 Rides on Eagle in 2017
9 Rides on Eagle in 2018
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby musiclvr on July 20th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Does anyone know why the SRQ was discontinued for Superman? My kids would use the SRQ everytime we went. They loved going on the ride.
musiclvr

Postby Whizzer Whiz Kid on July 21st, 2017, 6:09 am
Because Six Flags aparently doesn't care about capacity and so they don't have to pay a grouper in the station.
Whizzer Whiz Kid

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 21st, 2017, 11:54 am
RollingCoasting wrote:Bummer. Guess I've taken my last ride on it for the year then :lol:

Try Superman at night or if there's a slight rain. It's awesome during those times!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Eagle04 on July 28th, 2017, 4:16 pm
My first trip since Joker opened up is coming up. How does the single rider line compare? Is it more similar to Justice League or Goliath?

Any luck with Superman since the reports of single rider being closed?
Eagle04

Postby RollingCoasting on July 28th, 2017, 4:58 pm
I've never used JL's so I don't know how that one works but it operates somewhat similar to Goliath in that you a paired with a group of 3 and sent to either side. If there's a group of 2 or 6 and they can't find a group of 2 from the regular line (Happened to me recently), they'll send 2 single riders with them. It moves VERY quickly.
RollingCoasting

Postby Eagle04 on July 28th, 2017, 7:03 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I've never used JL's so I don't know how that one works but it operates somewhat similar to Goliath in that you a paired with a group of 3 and sent to either side. If there's a group of 2 or 6 and they can't find a group of 2 from the regular line (Happened to me recently), they'll send 2 single riders with them. It moves VERY quickly.

My only complaint with Goliath is the single rider line is so slow. Really not much faster than the regular line. How long does single rider on Joker normally take?
Eagle04

Postby RollingCoasting on July 28th, 2017, 7:10 pm
It really depends on how many people are in front of you, but I've never waited more than 10 minutes using it. The attedant sends 3 or so groups to either side at a time and most of the time there's atleast one person joining one of the groups.
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterCale on September 11th, 2017, 2:47 pm
Staffing is a huge reason as to why The B&Ms lost their SRQs. There needs to be a grouper and that's the first position to be dropped if required. It may not help capacity as the GP like to go where they want regardless of what the grouper says.
Check out my Coaster vids
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_o4Mtg8LDHpRuK7rRKMdAQ

It seems like the other side always wins on American Eagle :?
Also, I've ridden Goliath 23 times in one day. HBU? :roll: :P
(Sorry in advance for unnecessary commas and parenthesis every where)
CoasterCale

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum