Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RollingCoasting on July 20th, 2018, 5:32 pm
^ I miss the spiels with that guy lol. Think he also did Demon and Viper
RollingCoasting

Postby RBullFan97 on July 20th, 2018, 5:42 pm
benneluke wrote:
RBullFan97 wrote:Not just X-Flight. On multiple occasions I've heard people exclaim YEEHAW! along with the spiel for Raging Bull.

:lol:
I actually really like those spiels. They are a lot better than the midwest accent male announcer at all the other rides. They should hire this guy again, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuN1_EffbWo

Oh I like them too. I think at one point all the flats in Southwest had the woman who did a lot of the spiels a couple years back doing a western accent. And yes, that guy you linked is the best. I think Viper still uses his voice.
SFGAm Ride Count 2018: 286
SFGAm Ride Count 2019: 252
SFGAm Ride Count 2020: Well, ya know...
RBullFan97

Postby Tardis1972 on July 20th, 2018, 6:31 pm
I'd like BTR to get back it's pervious dark voice spiel that almost impossible to hear or understand. I think it's funny that the current spiel has a 1 second pause between Batman and the Ride. Like he says Batman pauses for a second then says the ride. Have any of you guys noticed this or know what I'm talking about? As for as I know the other ride spiels don't do this.
Tardis1972

Postby RollingCoasting on July 20th, 2018, 9:10 pm
I've noticed as well.

"Welcome to Batman.... The Ride"

Anyways we are getting way off topic :lol:

Something I wish to see at the park is a blue coaster. It's one of the only colors we need and surprisingly don't have. A blue and white S&S Air Launch would look amazing in Pictorium's spot. Call it "Aftershock" as a tribute to Shockwave and you've got the full package
RollingCoasting

Postby hgonzo on July 20th, 2018, 10:50 pm
^Love this idea! I really miss Shockwave!
hgonzo

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on July 21st, 2018, 8:19 am
Also what about something like Lightning Run too, and it's called Tidal Wave. I never rode Tidal Wave so this will be somewhat of a do over.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby SaveTheWAVE on July 21st, 2018, 2:45 pm
I miss ShockWave, too. A lot. Thank God for Goliath. Anyway, I’d really like to see a mega-looper come back-something with an intimidating presence near the front of the park. Wouldn’t it be cool if roller coaster manufacturer X could re-design ShockWave? With today’s technology, I bet it would be a brilliant ride!
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Viper 88 on August 16th, 2018, 9:15 am
I would love to see a Waltzer with tons of lights or a breakdance a himalaya or flying bobs or a Bayeurn Kurve!
Viper 88

Postby Coaster Critique on January 7th, 2019, 10:08 pm
What does everyone think of Eagle potentially being RMC'd in the future? I made a video a couple months ago on why it could (and maybe should) happen. So why not plug it here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYIWZXOkHRI&t=27s
Does anyone else miss the X-Flight Music?
#1 Steel - Intimidator 305
#1 Wood - Lightning Rod
#1 Hybrid - Steel Vengeance
#1 at SFGAm - X-Flight
Coaster Critique

Postby jmanporty7 on January 8th, 2019, 12:39 am
If Eagle were to become a mobius loop RMC, that wouldn't necessarily fix the dueling aspect if it. Twisted Colossus is a great example why.
jmanporty7

Postby JackGlass on January 8th, 2019, 4:46 am
Coaster Critique wrote:What does everyone think of Eagle potentially being RMC'd in the future? I made a video a couple months ago on why it could (and maybe should) happen. So why not plug it here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYIWZXOkHRI&t=27s

I would love to see it! It's going to be very costly though, so I'm not sure if Six Flags would do it. When they RMC'd Colossus, they had it's combined lengths reduced from 8,650 feet to 4,990 feet, in order to keep costs down. Eagle is very different from Colossus however, it's an out and back where as Colossus wasn't, and there's not much track they can remove. They would pretty much have to RMC all 9,300 feet of track on Eagle.

EDIT: It is worth noting, that if Six Flags decided to RMC all 9,300 feet of Eagle track and convert it to a mobius design.... it would take the world record for "Longest coaster in the world" Smashing Steel Dragon 2000's record by over 1,000 feet
JackGlass

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 9th, 2019, 1:59 pm
^ A very interesting idea! I had to first look up what Mobius meant! I truly hope they do "something" with Eagle. I would be very sad as well if they just demolished it to put up the huge giga we've all been waiting for.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby SaveTheWAVE on January 9th, 2019, 4:55 pm
I’d love to see a Giga at our park, perhaps we will receive one. I’d be curious on which form it would take. Examples: Worlds first Giga impulse coaster? Giga dive machine? Giga T-Rex? Even more mundane things like color changing light package on AE, chasing lights on V2 (as was previously mentioned), lift hill chasing lights?
SaveTheWAVE

Postby Sven18 on January 9th, 2019, 5:58 pm
SaveTheWAVE wrote:I’d love to see a Giga at our park, perhaps we will receive one. I’d be curious on which form it would take. Examples: Worlds first Giga impulse coaster? Giga dive machine? Giga T-Rex? Even more mundane things like color changing light package on AE, chasing lights on V2 (as was previously mentioned), lift hill chasing lights?

People back to this utter nonsense again.. SIX FLAGS ISN'T BUYING A GIGA. THEY CAN'T AFFORD IT UNDER THEIR CAPEX FORMULA! They have bought coasters since bankruptcy for a reason.
Sven18

Postby JaminOut on January 9th, 2019, 6:36 pm
Oh way to go, you woke up BBD/doubleb/Sven/et. al...
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on January 9th, 2019, 7:53 pm
Oh, here we go again. Sven maybe next time you should read the title before posting on this topic, as you clearly see it's called a Wish LIst.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. El Toro 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4. Fury 325 5. Maverick 6. Mako 7. Iron Rattler 8. Medusa Steel Coaster 9. Raptor Clones 10. Maxx Force.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby UnclePennybags on January 9th, 2019, 8:47 pm
It is my understanding that the definition of a Giga coaster is one with a "height or drop of at least 300 feet" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_coaster).

Even if the park wanted to build a Giga, and they could get Gurnee to approve it, it is my understanding that they couldn't do it because of the park's proximity to the Waukegan airport. Is this correct?

Forget about CAPEX. Forget about Gurnee and the local ordinances. Forget about finding room in the park for it. Because of the airport, could SFGAm build a Giga under any circumstances?
UnclePennybags

Postby staticshadows on January 9th, 2019, 9:12 pm
UnclePennybags wrote:It is my understanding that the definition of a Giga coaster is one with a "height or drop of at least 300 feet" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_coaster).

Even if the park wanted to build a Giga, and they could get Gurnee to approve it, it is my understanding that they couldn't do it because of the park's proximity to the Waukegan airport. Is this correct?

Forget about CAPEX. Forget about Gurnee and the local ordinances. Forget about finding room in the park for it. Because of the airport, could SFGAm build a Giga under any circumstances?

The maximum height the park is allowed to build is the height of Sky Trek Tower (310 ft.).

If you use the map on the following site, you can see which part of the park is within Waukegan Airport’s airspace.
http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/air-space-map/
staticshadows

Postby JackGlass on January 9th, 2019, 9:21 pm
staticshadows wrote:
UnclePennybags wrote:It is my understanding that the definition of a Giga coaster is one with a "height or drop of at least 300 feet" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roller_coaster).

The maximum height the park is allowed to build is the height of Sky Trek Tower (310 ft.).

If you use the map on the following site, you can see which part of the park is within Waukegan Airport’s airspace.

If a portion of Great America isn't in the airspace.... could they go over 310 feet? That is if they got the Village of Gurnee to change the law? It looks like the area by Eagle is outside of the airspace, could they put a 400 foot sky screamer over there?
JackGlass

Postby staticshadows on January 9th, 2019, 9:40 pm
JackGlass wrote:If a portion of Great America isn't in the airspace.... could they go over 310 feet? That is if they got the Village of Gurnee to change the law? It looks like the area by Eagle is outside of the airspace, could they put a 400 foot sky screamer over there?

I am not sure how the maximum height was determined, but I imagine there would be some sort of process to request a variance.

I have only seen the Sky Trek Tower height limit mentioned in some of the old planning board meetings.
staticshadows

Postby UnclePennybags on January 9th, 2019, 10:17 pm
staticshadows wrote:
UnclePennybags wrote:Forget about CAPEX. Forget about Gurnee and the local ordinances. Forget about finding room in the park for it. Because of the airport, could SFGAm build a Giga under any circumstances?

Thanks, that was educational. From the nomenclature found in the FAQ's on this site, I was able to put together a better Google search that yielded this result:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bu ... /13271583/

I found the following to be of interest:

'FAA doesn't directly restrict the height of buildings, but issues a "determination of hazard" when buildings are too tall near airports. At that point, local zoning boards are reluctant to approve construction and buildings can become unaffordable because of higher insurance costs and smaller size.'

So ultimately the height restrictions are only coming from Gurnee? I learned something today.
UnclePennybags

Postby UnclePennybags on January 9th, 2019, 10:53 pm
JackGlass wrote:
staticshadows wrote:The maximum height the park is allowed to build is the height of Sky Trek Tower (310 ft.).

It looks like the area by Eagle is outside of the airspace, could they put a 400 foot sky screamer over there?

If 310ft is a hard limit, they could just put the SkyScreamer in a 100ft hole.
UnclePennybags

Postby SaveTheWAVE on January 10th, 2019, 7:08 am
270’ coaster with a drop into a 30’ deep tunnel? That would technically be Giga drop status, no?
SaveTheWAVE

Postby JackGlass on January 10th, 2019, 9:56 am
That's really cool if Great America could break the 310 foot limit outside of the airspace! I'm a fan of sky screamers and I would love to see a 400 footer at Great America. Six Flags America has their height limit scrapped a few years back, so I wonder if Gurnee could do the same for Great America.
JackGlass

Postby Ilovthevu' on January 11th, 2019, 2:33 pm
That Hometown Fun Machine would return back to going fast again. It was fast during PART of the Christmas time, but than all of a sudden, it was going slow, and that Hometown Fun Machine, Big Easy Balloons, and the Bumper Cars would have much LONGER cycles. All of them are way too short. Seriously, the tea cups get a 3 minute ride, and these are like 40 second rides. Ridiculous. I wonder which of these rides will bite the dust first because of the HORRIBLE too short of a cycle, and no one will want to ride these. I barely rode any of them this year because of the too SHORT of a cycle on each.

With how bad Great America was running the Hometown Fun Machine (It was a slow ride cycle this year until it seems later in the season, and again way too short), one of the rides I couldn't wait to ride was the Scrambler at Six Flags St. Louis called Shazzam. It's been a terrible Hometown Fun Machine type of year this year!

At least for the Balloons, I got my fill at Saint Nicholas Village which was amazing compared to Great America's pathetic ride cycle Balloons.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum