Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 29th, 2016, 12:00 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Alright, alright. I just like anyone on here can go into bizarre or crazy ideas. Just like the fastest coaster idea. It's a wish list thread. What this is not, is a hatred thread. Raging Bull isn't that bad. Sit in the damn back for a great ride on every turn & drop. It's fxxking fun. It may not be as intense as you want it to be but stop tearing the damn thing apart so hard.

Since we're rackin up what B&M big boys we've been on - I've been on Raging Bull, Intimidator, Diamondback, Apollos Chariot, Leviathan, Fury325, Behemoth & Nitro. out of just the 8 I've experienced & oddly enough, out the 14 the company has built - not one of them is anything like Raging Bull. It does deliver. Does it deliver like Levi or Fury? Do I even have to say no?! But those two are also radically different from the others being in the giga range. I don't get the hatred on Bull when it's a 17yr old ride that still devours crowds every damn day he runs. It has a trim brake. Get the hell over it. It doesn't murder the ride. You are acting as if you hit the trim & you suddenly land on Spacelys track just meandering around a 15mph journey.

Perfectly stated for all of us! Nice Job, gottastrata33!!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby staticshadows on September 29th, 2016, 6:57 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Wisco Woody on September 29th, 2016, 7:33 pm
Keep that dive coaster away from this park!
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on September 29th, 2016, 7:47 pm
^
RollingCoasting

Postby JaminOut on September 29th, 2016, 9:26 pm
Definitely overrated, but I like your thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby RollingCoasting on September 29th, 2016, 11:17 pm
JaminOut wrote:^Chill out man, I'm beginning to think you're the love child of bbd and Shoup...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... tart=48590

Just putting this here... (You can also see schoup a few posts up :D)
RollingCoasting

Postby jmanporty7 on September 30th, 2016, 3:08 am
staticshadows wrote:
great america fan wrote:I know this this will probably never happen but I want a main street expansion similar to great adventure's built into the parking lot. I did a rough sketch above the black would be the new building the blue is the new entrance, plus the area to the right in red could be a new coaster.

I like this idea, here is my version of it with Valravn as a place holder for the coaster. It is unlikely to happen unless they expand the parking lot or create a shuttle bus to a remote parking lot across Washington St.

Alright I might sound very dumb for saying this and I'm very sorry, but which park did you pull out the entrance from?

jmanporty7

Postby JaminOut on September 30th, 2016, 6:25 am
^Yeah, I'm curious too.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby maxwellt on September 30th, 2016, 7:13 am
I mean, if sf was to build b&m, it would be a dive coaster. I'd like to see either a mack launch or a gtx instead of the dive coaster to dominate the front of the park

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Mean Streaker on September 30th, 2016, 10:04 am
RollingCoasting wrote:
JaminOut wrote:^Chill out man, I'm beginning to think you're the love child of bbd and Shoup...

Remind me to never, ever, ever get a profile on that forum...
Mean Streaker

Postby staticshadows on September 30th, 2016, 10:23 am
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby jmanporty7 on September 30th, 2016, 12:15 pm
staticshadows wrote:I used the entrance and part of the Main Street area from Great Adventure.

Ah good stuff.

jmanporty7

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 30th, 2016, 1:06 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:

So, schoup is up to his old tricks again on that other site??

CoasterRiderSC

Postby DejaVu2001 on September 30th, 2016, 1:07 pm
^ Was . . . . Now he's banned over there too :lol:
DejaVu2001

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 30th, 2016, 1:12 pm
^ LOL!!!!!!!!!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby LordMagnus101 on September 30th, 2016, 1:49 pm
I took a survey for the park, and one of the improvements you could rank for the dining pass is a theoretical separate line for people who have dining passes. I would love to see that and would make me consider buying one again. I just don't see how it could be possible with their lack of staff and not sure where they would put this line most places.
LordMagnus101

Postby RollingCoasting on September 30th, 2016, 1:56 pm
Not surprised. His posts have been "Heating Up" on TPR lately

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk
RollingCoasting

Postby gottastrata33 on September 30th, 2016, 11:47 pm
I've always wondered if they could expand the entrance & create a "Main Street" strip like Kings Island/Dominion or in this case, SF Great Adventure. But I nevvveeerrr thought to go along Superman & I frickin love your idea. But I've also always hoped that if they did this they would create a parking garage in the back lot. They would have to.

I don't mind the dive machine either. Whether you agree or not, the GP & many of us would eat that thing up here. It used to be a rumored coaster to come here for years & Im actually surprised we don't have one buttttt it's prob good CP got one "first" cause maybe just maybe this finally gives us the opportunity to one up them this time. They always one up is & it drives me crazy! ;D ------ Iron Wolf, Mantis. Batman, Raptor. V2, Wicked Twister. XFlight, Gatekeeper. & I have a feeling we're gonna see it again with Mean Streak. So cmon dive machine 2019! ;D
gottastrata33

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on October 1st, 2016, 12:07 am
^Honestly, besides Wolf and Mantis, we have the better version(although I can't comment on Gatekeeper, it was broke the whole day when I went. I do hear X Flight is miles better, though.)

Also, I just can't see a dive coaster at our park. Our park's always been known for innovation and originality(with a few exceptions). And unless if it's one of those smaller European dive coasters, they're just too cookie-cutter. The two things I (want) think our park needs are a full-circuit launch coaster(preferably Mack. Helix and the new Star Trek one at MPG look amazing) and an ejector airtime machine(i.e. GTX).

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on October 1st, 2016, 12:38 am
I actually think V2 > Wicked Twister because of the vertical spike tbh

I've said it before and I'll say it again. We don't need anymore short coasters at our park. Plus Dive coasters are gimmicks, and they cost a lot, too. The only kind I'd want to see is a Mack version (Lost Gravity looks sick. They could probably squeeze one in Demon's spot
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on October 1st, 2016, 7:56 am
How about a Dive Coaster by B&M of course that has the following criteria:

* 5000 ft long
* 8 inversions (1 more than Shock Wave)
* gets up to 90 mph
* has amazing airtime
* 305 feet tall

Did I miss anything?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby gottastrata33 on October 1st, 2016, 8:28 am
People at CP were actually talking about that they really thought CP would build the giga dive coaster. Can you imagine?! Gimmick or not, they're great rides. I've been on Oblivion, Griffon, & Valravn. I've liked all of them for their own reasons.
gottastrata33

Postby stergmi on October 1st, 2016, 9:11 am
gottastrata33 wrote:People at CP were actually talking about that they really thought CP would build the giga dive coaster. Can you imagine?! Gimmick or not, they're great rides. I've been on Oblivion, Griffon, & Valravn. I've liked all of them for their own reasons.

I think they've all been wasted potential so far. You have these super short floor less trains and yet all.your elements and are so elongated and forceless . I want that kind of stuff on wingers. These dive machines have such opportunity to be a completely different kind of ride but instead. Great drop, so so everything else.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby X-Flight2012 on October 1st, 2016, 10:31 am
Just keep the dive coaster away from SF and I'll be happy
X-Flight2012

Postby gottastrata33 on October 1st, 2016, 10:39 am
You know there were people who said that about a wing coaster. So if a dive coaster ever came here, I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told those who want the 4D to stay away from here, "XFlight2012" - simply don't ride it.
gottastrata33

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum