Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official Goliath Thread

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JimPanky on August 29th, 2013, 8:25 pm
GoBears wrote:
JimPanky wrote:This is SFGAm's first RMC right?

Yep, in fact this is the 2nd RMC built from scratch after Outlaw Run I believe. NTG, IR, and MSC are all RMC's too but those were already there and just received the Iron Horse treatment.
JimPanky

Postby CoasterMike on August 29th, 2013, 8:27 pm
JimPanky wrote:
GoBears wrote:
JimPanky wrote:This is SFGAm's first RMC right?

Yep, in fact this is the 2nd RMC built from scratch after Outlaw Run I believe. NTG, IR, and MSC are all RMC's too but those were already there and just received the Iron Horse treatment.

Rocky Mountain Construction is the BEST roller coaster manufacturer ever!
CoasterMike

Postby bluebear816 on August 29th, 2013, 9:03 pm
Seatbelts?
bluebear816

Postby CoasterMike on August 29th, 2013, 9:13 pm
bluebear816 wrote:Seatbelts?

I am not 100% sure if Goliath will feature seatbelts. I am 100% positive that Goliath will feature lap bars. I will let you know on this forum if I find out anything regarding seatbelts on Goliath. Since the New Texas Giant accident, the Iron Rattler closed down for a bit and now features seatbelts. Keep in mind that roller coaster accidents as tragic as the one in Texas are EXTREMELY rare! You are safer in a roller coaster than you are in your own car.
CoasterMike

Postby CoasterMike on August 29th, 2013, 9:20 pm
Goliath72165 wrote:
2014Goliath wrote:Because Goliath will be designed/manufactured by Rocky Mountain Construction, I wanted to let you guys know that I have ridden all three (Going to go to Six Flags Mexico in 2014 because their Medusa is receiving an Iron Horse treatment) RMC roller coasters and I honestly have to tell you that Goliath will probably be the BEST out of all the RMC coasters! :D The one and only reason why I think its the best is not just because of the three world records its going to break, but because of the most unique element on a roller coaster which is the one and only zero-g stall.

(I'm truly sorry if this post did not make any sense :oops:)

I myself have not gotten a chance to ride any of the RMC roller coasters, however I have ridden El Toro and Goliath looks better and more unique.

Wow you have ridden every single RMC roller coaster and are going to Six Flags Mexico to ride Medusa? Lucky you! I wish I could ride all the RMC coasters! I'm glad to hear that you think that Goliath is going to be the BEST RMC roller coaster!
CoasterMike

Postby T.K. on August 29th, 2013, 10:35 pm
Yes for seat belts... I asked the engineer guy that is in charge of the project. Seat belts+ lap bar.
Six Flags Ameirca as the number 1 park at SFI.... this is JOKE!
T.K.

Postby sfgam#1 on August 29th, 2013, 10:52 pm
I can't wait to see how this will look with rest of the skyline, especially coming off of I-94
sfgam#1

Postby SFGAm Viper on August 29th, 2013, 10:56 pm
Outlaw Run is awesome. It's short but as others say, every foot of that ride is spectacular. I'm betting we will see the same here. I won't know if this will be better than that til it is ridden obviously but even if it doesn't beat it, it's going to be extremely good!
SFGAm Viper

Postby Coastermonkey61 on August 30th, 2013, 12:35 am
This thing looks crazy as ****.

Color me pumped.
Coastermonkey61

Postby CoasterZ on August 30th, 2013, 5:09 am
impressive coaster. Makes me moving to North Dakota last year all the more painful! Very happy the park is getting this masterpiece. Short and sweet is better then long and boring. appears to be about a 90 second ride time or so which isnt to bad. The most impressive thing out of this coaster is the fact that great america "went for it". i am so happy the finally ewnt out and went after some world records for once. this will no doubt be one of the top 5 woodies in the world if it comes out the way they are saying. Having a world class coaster will help bring in attendence. More money means more goodies in the future!

Thanks Great america!
CoasterZ

Postby reptar on August 30th, 2013, 6:26 am
Let me preference this by saying that I'm as giddy as a school girl about Goliath and my whole off season will be spent not doing anything stupid so as I don't die and I can get this coaster under my belt. Having said that I do have a problem with the name, When the name of this coaster is mentioned I want it to send shivers down peoples spines not having to tell them which Goliath I'm speaking of. Now that I have that off my chest I'm ready to get in line.
reptar

Postby Goliath72165 on August 30th, 2013, 7:56 am
I HOPE that when Goliath opens, SFGAm will decide to open it up to season pass holders only like they did with X-Flight
Goliath72165

Postby reptar on August 30th, 2013, 8:14 am
Goliath72165 wrote:I HOPE that when Goliath opens, SFGAm will decide to open it up to season pass holders only like they did with X-Flight

I was thinking the same thing
reptar

Postby Fort Fun Fanatic on August 30th, 2013, 2:28 pm
after viewing the POV ride video several dozen times now, Goliath @ SFGAm looks like it will be an utterly spectacular ride to me. it's got it all, and what it lacks in length it more than makes up for with non-stop intensity. the inverted zero-g stall is one of the most unique, intriguing, and diabolical ride elements to come around in a long time. this whole ride will be special, but that one element will be the special of the special, the one piece that vaults this coaster into legendary status.

i'm also loving the pacing of "open" and "enclosed" along the ride layout. with the tunnels and ride elements emclosed within structure and then the sudden bursts back out into the open, and then back in again, the speed visuals are really amped up here. this looks like a ride that was designed with A LOT of thought put into every aspect of how to heighten intensity, speed perception, and thrill; it's not just some random assemblage of hills, turns and ride elements elements thrown together. the ride really seems to tell a story. an intense, speed-driven story. it ain't a long read, but it 'll knock your socks off!
Last edited by Fort Fun Fanatic on August 30th, 2013, 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fort Fun Fanatic

Postby Goliath72165 on August 30th, 2013, 3:16 pm
Fort Fun Fanatic wrote:after viewing the POV ride video several dozen times now, Goliath @ SFGAm looks like it will be an utterly spectacular ride to me. it's got it all, and what it lacks in length it more than makes up for with non-stop intensity. the inverted zeor-g stall is one of the most unique, intriguing, and diabolical ride elements to come around in a long time. this whole ride will be special, but that one element will be the special of the special, the one piece that vaults this coaster into legendary status.

i'm also loving the pacing of "open" and "enclosed" along the ride layout. with the tunnels and ride elements emclosed within structure and then the sudden bursts back out into the open, and then back in again, the speed visuals are really amped up here. this looks like a ride that was designed with A LOT of thought put into every aspect of how to heighten intensity, speed perception, and thrill; it's not just some random assemblage of hills, turns and ride elements elements thrown together. the ride really seems to tell a story. an intense, speed-driven story. it ain't a long read, but it 'll knock your socks off!

One thing that I absolutely love about Goliath is that it does not feature any brakes in the middle of the ride (i.e block brakes,, and mid-course). That means it will be non stop speeds from the time you crest that massive lift hill to the time you hit the brakes.
Goliath72165

Postby 2014Goliath on August 30th, 2013, 3:22 pm
Words cannot descried how AWESOME this ride looks! I have NO complaints about it. This ride is my kind of ride. Goliath is geared for breath taking speeds, extreme amount of ejector airtime and an intense amount of dizziness because of the two inversions.
2014Goliath

Postby CoasterMike on August 30th, 2013, 3:27 pm
RollerCoasterRyan wrote:This ride is going/will be FANTASTIC! Nothing less! :D

Thank you so much Great America for adding this tremendous new ride! Its so MASSIVE! :D

This is going to be the BEST roller coaster Great America has ever built/created!

Thank Great America! You are the BEST amusement park in the world!
CoasterMike

Postby kossdude1 on August 30th, 2013, 5:25 pm
I swear if in 2014 Cedar Point wins World's Best Amusement Park AGAIN, I'm going to start thinking the Golden Ticket Awards are even more rigged.
Consecutive Trips Riding X Flight: 92
SFGAm Lifetime Trips: 104

kossdude1

Postby CoasterMike on August 30th, 2013, 7:54 pm
kossdude1 wrote:I swear if in 2014 Cedar Point wins World's Best Amusement Park AGAIN, I'm going to start thinking the Golden Ticket Awards are even more rigged.

I completely agree with you. I don't think Cedar Point should win the golden ticket award every year for the best amusement park. One day, Six Flags Magic Mountain should win.
CoasterMike

Postby Chitown on August 30th, 2013, 8:34 pm
Golden Ticket awards are a joke. Just a popularity contest and which park sponsors that program the most. Irrelevant!!!!!
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby CoasterZ on August 31st, 2013, 10:47 am
well if it leads up all its hype Goliath should win an award or two. Best new coaster and maybe best woodie?
CoasterZ

Postby Goliath72165 on August 31st, 2013, 11:10 am
CoasterZ wrote:well if it leads up all its hype Goliath should win an award or two. Best new coaster and maybe best woodie?

Goliath probably will win an award for best new coaster of 2014! :D Goliath is going to be that awsome!
Goliath72165

Postby Fort Fun Fanatic on August 31st, 2013, 11:38 am
Of the 2014 north america coasters announced thus far, goliath and KI's banshee will be the two big boys battling it out for best new coaster here in our corner of the world. I don't want to be too much of a homer, but I think Goliath would take it. Banshee looks like one hell of an awesome ride, but it also has a little bit of a "been there, done that" feel given how played out the b&m inverted category is. Goliath is more of an original beast. Novelty alone should push it over the top.

However, there may still be some big coasters yet to be announced. I don't keep up with all the rumors.
Fort Fun Fanatic

Postby Millennium310 on August 31st, 2013, 1:48 pm
PfightingPolish wrote:
Millennium310 wrote:http://funnypoon.blogspot.com/2013/03/tree-fell-down-after-hitting-bicycle.html

I'm saving this picture in my file for future use. This reminds me of some of the days when I do the 10-mile bike-to-work thing.

/Threw a flat Tuesday
//Not fun

That's never good...
Millennium310

Postby kossdude1 on August 31st, 2013, 2:52 pm
Fort Fun Fanatic wrote:Of the 2014 north america coasters announced thus far, goliath and KI's banshee will be the two big boys battling it out for best new coaster here in our corner of the world. I don't want to be too much of a homer, but I think Goliath would take it. Banshee looks like one hell of an awesome ride, but it also has a little bit of a "been there, done that" feel given how played out the b&m inverted category is. Goliath is more of an original beast. Novelty alone should push it over the top.

However, there may still be some big coasters yet to be announced. I don't keep up with all the rumors.

Watch Fire Chaser Express take best new ride of 2014 :lol:
Consecutive Trips Riding X Flight: 92
SFGAm Lifetime Trips: 104

kossdude1

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum