Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Low Price Hotels Near SFGAm

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby bigjad66 on February 25th, 2003, 2:48 pm
Me and a group of about 20 others from my college are planning a trip down to Great America and I was wondering if there are any low price hotels close to great america? Also since this will be opening weekend how many of the rides will be open and is it going to be very crowded? Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.
bigjad66

Postby CoasterDave316 on February 25th, 2003, 3:07 pm
Check this page for hotels: http://sfgamworld.com/Lodging.shtml or use hotels.com, you can always find great prices on hotels there.Last year on opening weekend everyride was open the first day of the season, Deja Vu closed on the second day only because it valleyed and crowds weren't bad at all. The longest line was for Deja Vu and the rest were about 15 minutes.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Chitown on February 25th, 2003, 7:47 pm
What price range are looking at? It will help for me to determine the closest place to stay for you.I dont think you want to stay at a roach motel, so give me a range.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby coasterzak on February 25th, 2003, 10:06 pm
We stayed about 5 miles from the park and payed a reasonable price. I think it was only about $60ish a night. I found this place off of some website somebody sent to me before I went to the park. It was a nice place for what we paid. However, I don't remember the name of it. If you look around, you can find something decent.
coasterzak

Postby bigjad66 on February 26th, 2003, 8:21 pm
As far as what price range I am looking for is something in the 40-60 dollar range (remember I am a college student). Thanks all for the help though. I havent been to the park in two years so I am really itching to ride all the newbies (v2, superman, deja vu).
bigjad66

Postby Chitown on February 26th, 2003, 9:33 pm
$40-$60 range?Bad news dude. Unless you want to stay in a flea-bag, roach infested, nasty ass, run-down motel, you are going to have to up the anty on that range.Your best bet since you are with a group is to call some of the hotels near the park because alot of them offer group rates if you rent a certain amount of rooms. I do know that Grand Hotel which is basically across the street from the entrance to the park has room and Six Flags ticket packages. By staying here you also wont pay $10 for parking since you can walk to the park from your room. Here is the site.http://www.gurneegrandhotel.com/
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum