Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2014

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby kossdude1 on September 1st, 2013, 11:41 am
Something tells me that if they put TDK in the spot Buccaneer Battle's location, it would've made a lot more sense. Then they could've put Buccaneer Battle in the spot where the go carts currently reside, or put it on the man made lake that Loggers Run and Yankee Clipper are on...
kossdude1

Postby anewman35 on September 1st, 2013, 12:21 pm
kossdude1 wrote:The only problem is that the area is really locked on places to put a queue now. They could move TDK to RCs area once it leaves, but that wouldn't be too smart.

What I would like to see in 2015 is a retheming of Dark Knight. I have a feeling that giving it a Green Lantern theme will allow for more. Either that or turn on all the effects.

Looking at the area on Google Maps, there's a area of land on the other side of the queue building, behind the pizza place and in front of the train tracks that's just filled with trees now, I would think they could do something with that.

As for retheming it, I hope not. Why waste any more money on a ride that nobody is ever going to really care about?
anewman35

Postby Coastermonkey61 on September 1st, 2013, 1:42 pm
BroServant7 wrote:Our coaster is named after a trained and seasoned warrior who was embarrassingly taken out by a teen with a slingshot...

I laughed.
Coastermonkey61

Postby gottastrata33 on September 3rd, 2013, 4:31 pm
I REALLY hope they keep that entrance then somehow, someway! The fact theres a giant a$S box there isnt as distracting with the nice GCR entrance that is there!! ugh As if my heart hasnt been attacked enough by this RC shiz.

On a sie note, go vote for our Raging Bull on this months poll on www.newsplusnotes.com ;)
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Superman on September 3rd, 2013, 5:05 pm
I did^ but my guess is that Bizarro or X2 will win, since those seem to be everyone's favorites.
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby SFGAm Viper on September 3rd, 2013, 5:14 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:I REALLY hope they keep that entrance then somehow, someway! The fact theres a giant a$S box there isnt as distracting with the nice GCR entrance that is there!! ugh As if my heart hasnt been attacked enough by this RC shiz.

On a sie note, go vote for our Raging Bull on this months poll on http://www.newsplusnotes.com ;)

Thanks for the link. Voted Bizzaro :-P

Not just going to vote for a ride cause its the home park. That's probably how Gatekeeper got most votes for new ride which is beyond insane with Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler on there.
SFGAm Viper

Postby DejaVu2001 on September 3rd, 2013, 5:14 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:On a sie note, go vote for our Raging Bull on this months poll on http://www.newsplusnotes.com ;)

Yeah, I may be a SFGAm fan, but even I know Raging Bull is the weakest B&M Hyper Coaster in existence :wink:
DejaVu2001

Postby UWW-10 on September 3rd, 2013, 8:12 pm
As far as RC is concerned....if the ride actually ran the way it was intended to operate, I think there'd be a much larger group of upset people. But they basically butchered it to the point where it really "had no business being in a park with the kind of attendance figures GAm pulls".......that phrase sounds very Deja Vu to me...(pun intended) :lol:

I'm actually surprised they didn't yank it out within the first season where it really was a pain. I believe at that time, only leads were allowed to operate it because it had so many issues that they needed to work the kinks out of before they could train regular team members.
UWW-10

Postby gottastrata33 on September 3rd, 2013, 8:36 pm
You all suck haha ;D No I agree, I actually wanted to vote for Bizarro, which was my number one until I rode Leviathan & Nemesis. But I figured I had to show Bull some love, I really like its layout but I seem to be the odd man out there.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby GoBears on September 5th, 2013, 12:19 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:On a sie note, go vote for our Raging Bull on this months poll on http://www.newsplusnotes.com ;)

Yeah, I may be a SFGAm fan, but even I know Raging Bull is the weakest B&M Hyper Coaster in existence :wink:

Raging Bull overall is a rather weak coaster but the drop itself, especially in the back row, is pretty thrilling. :)
Founder of http://www.sfgamnation.com
Favorite Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force
Favorite Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. The Beast 3. American Eagle
GoBears

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum