Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2014

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Galvan on August 21st, 2013, 9:42 pm
If the ride is longer than Viper we are looking at a track length of 3,458 feet. Which is longer in track length Iron Rattler (3,266) or Outlaw Run (2,937)
Galvan

Postby RobSFGAm on August 21st, 2013, 9:47 pm
Just noticed that it is NOT going over the RR tracks at any point like Iron Wolf did for the first hill. Much narrower than I thought.
RobSFGAm

Postby DejaVu2001 on August 21st, 2013, 9:58 pm

I got this close shot of the station area. It appears Iron Wolf's old station is only on there as a reference. You can see it also shows Iron Wolf's footers. You'll notice there is a blue box over Iron Wolf's station which I assume is the outline of the new station. Though if that is correct, the new station is even narrower than Iron Wolf's :lol:
Last edited by DejaVu2001 on August 22nd, 2013, 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
DejaVu2001

Postby kossdude1 on August 21st, 2013, 10:13 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:Image

I got this close shot of the station area. It appears Iron Wolf's old station is only on there as a reference. You can see it also shows Iron Wolf's footers. You'll notice there is a blue box over Iron Wolf's station which I assume is the outline of the new station. Though if that is correct, the new station is even narrower than Iron Wolf's :lol:

It looks like they'll be executing the old queue line. Will that be enough queue? (sarcasm)
Consecutive Trips Riding X Flight: 92
SFGAm Lifetime Trips: 104

kossdude1

Postby DejaVu2001 on August 21st, 2013, 10:31 pm
^Again, everything on that plan except the red, blue, and green are reference only.
DejaVu2001

Postby kossdude1 on August 21st, 2013, 10:58 pm
[jonrev] wrote:I imagine they traced the ride layout onto an existing site drawing, I would be surprised if WT is around next year.

I would be surprised as well, especially since they have the new igNight stage they can use. I only saw one thing going on in there this past season which was some sort of dance thing. Even then only 1 or 2 rows had people sitting in them, no more than 20-30 people in the ENTIRE theater

kossdude1

Postby kossdude1 on August 21st, 2013, 11:35 pm
Just thought about these teasers: Last year the first teaser had a dimmed room, second had a piece of paper with a dark picture on it, third showed Hometown Square which was the location.

Then this year we found so many clues. In the last one, I noticed Hank had to swing by Southwest Territory, home of two of the parks tallest/largest thrill rides (Bull and Drop). This next teaser could show the location of the ride, but we of course know what that is. By showing Drop, they're probably naming it Goliath.

Hopefully this calls for a new queue, new larger updated station, possibly 3 trains, INVERSIONS, transforming the Mporium into Goliath Gifts or something like that, and maybe allowing X-Flight to be available to all flash pass levels.

And also, I never understood how they associate David with Goliath. Why is that?

EDIT: They may also convert Wolf Den Snacks into a possible Ride Photo booth similar to X-Flight's which may cut down on employees in the midways asking to take your pictures and actually put in a booth. (nothing's for sure)
Last edited by kossdude1 on August 22nd, 2013, 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

kossdude1

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 21st, 2013, 11:59 pm
^David & Goliath is in the Bible.
http://christianity.about.com/od/bibles ... oliath.htm

Screamscape doesn't even think it will be called Goliath though. Take it with a grain of salt though.
Last edited by Ilovthevu' on August 22nd, 2013, 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby kossdude1 on August 22nd, 2013, 12:02 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:^David & Goliath is the Bible.
http://christianity.about.com/od/bibles ... oliath.htm

Oh, now that makes more sense. I didn't think about the Bible...

kossdude1

Postby Galvan on August 22nd, 2013, 12:09 am
If what RobSFGAm says is correct about the Drop being 178 feet.

We have ourselves a new world record people.
Galvan

Postby Galvan on August 22nd, 2013, 12:11 am
Sporlo wrote:What is McClure?

Probably the architectural design firm
Galvan

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2013, 1:13 am
Though it was "just" a meeting, you cant be upset that you hyped it up so much - but as to HOW you're disappointed is beyond me cause you got a layout out of this, somethin none of us had before. So if thats upsetting to you then please have a seat... Next!

As I originally stated, I see an immelman, yes & that very much so now looks more like a dive loop. As for the slight curve before it, It appears to be maybe an airtime hill similar to that seen on Leviathan after the "barrel roll" where the train/track rises "straight up" then on the way down, banks slightly to change direction. Which actually is on MANY coasters but Levi was just the first reference that came to mind.

Anywhoooo this looks tight but there aint nothin wrong with tight. ;D Lets not think its not going to be epic just yet. We'll know it all the 29th! Im excited were gettin another coaster so soon after XFlight, so its already epic to me ;) whootwhoot!! :lol:
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby BroServant7 on August 22nd, 2013, 3:08 am
You know, I have a feeling the coaster is not the only thing they've been hinting at. In the second video the blueprint on the table shows the park pre- water park. You see a photo or park map from the same era on the left in a frame on the wall in the third video. The title of the videos has to do with the journey... I wonder if they'll also be showing the ENTIRE collection of screams and dreams from 76 to present with a special minute or so segment on the new coaster about to be built? I have a feeling that either there will be an additional feature involving the park history, something to do with a throw back, or these are intentional distractions purposely trying to guide me in the wrong direction. Has anyone considered this though?
BroServant7

Postby kossdude1 on August 22nd, 2013, 3:25 am
BroServant7 wrote:You know, I have a feeling the coaster is not the only thing they've been hinting at. In the second video the blueprint on the table shows the park pre- water park. You see a photo or park map from the same era on the left in a frame on the wall in the third video. The title of the videos has to do with the journey... I wonder if they'll also be showing the ENTIRE collection of screams and dreams from 76 to present with a special minute or so segment on the new coaster about to be built? I have a feeling that either there will be an additional feature involving the park history, something to do with a throw back, or these are intentional distractions purposely trying to guide me in the wrong direction. Has anyone considered this though?

Screams and Dreams 1,2, and 3 on DVD with bonus features. Though it probably won't happen, but it'd be VERY profitable if they did sell it!

kossdude1

Postby gottastrata33 on August 22nd, 2013, 3:30 am
Havent considered it, no. but hell, Ive missed every clue in these videos. Up till Gurnee bluntly posted "roller coaster", I was convinced this was a Giant Drop revamp or at most a Full Throttle like coaster. haha So I'm not very bright with the teasers I guess. You all have come up with some interesting & many correct ideas so far ;D I still think(know) anything is possible. We right now only have an overhead layout. Still have little to no specs/elements within the proposed coaster.

I mean from now to announcement day, we could speculate anything. Another addition whether it be to the water park, a show, or hell, a second coaster(under 125ft obvs) could be possible.... WE dont know anything in the grand scheme of things. So sure there could be more than just "Goliath" minor or major. ;D
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby BroServant7 on August 22nd, 2013, 3:36 am
kossdude1 wrote:
BroServant7 wrote:You know, I have a feeling the coaster is not the only thing they've been hinting at. In the second video the blueprint on the table shows the park pre- water park. You see a photo or park map from the same era on the left in a frame on the wall in the third video. The title of the videos has to do with the journey... I wonder if they'll also be showing the ENTIRE collection of screams and dreams from 76 to present with a special minute or so segment on the new coaster about to be built? I have a feeling that either there will be an additional feature involving the park history, something to do with a throw back, or these are intentional distractions purposely trying to guide me in the wrong direction. Has anyone considered this though?

Screams and Dreams 1,2, and 3 on DVD with bonus features. Though it probably won't happen, but it'd be VERY profitable if they did sell it!

You're the dude who guessed Goliath 40 pages ago on August 1 with nothing but the first 14 second teaser to go buy, if my money's on anyone's predictions it's yours, lol,
BroServant7

Postby JimPanky on August 22nd, 2013, 7:59 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffs06LyKuM8
You can see it go negative on the height chart! Underground!
JimPanky

Postby TonyMichaud on August 22nd, 2013, 8:23 am
Just wanted to let everyone know - the park is already selling t-shirts for the new ride. :)

Hahaha

Terror Twister Tony
TonyMichaud

Postby reptar on August 22nd, 2013, 8:25 am
reptar

Postby BroServant7 on August 22nd, 2013, 8:51 am
TonyMichaud wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know - the park is already selling t-shirts for the new ride. :)

Hahaha

Uh.... NO! lol
BroServant7

Postby BroServant7 on August 22nd, 2013, 8:52 am
They're supposed to release the final teaser video today, right? One week until the big announcement!
BroServant7

Postby Viper 88 on August 22nd, 2013, 10:14 am
Where are the teaser videos located. I am having nothing but trouble finding them.
Viper 88

Postby Viper 88 on August 22nd, 2013, 10:18 am
nick42085 wrote:Definatly looks promising! Jonrev, about what time should the meeting be up on YouTube?

Nick I got you beat I havent ridden a coaster since September 29 2012.
Viper 88

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 22nd, 2013, 10:29 am
RBrulle wrote:Where are the teaser videos located. I am having nothing but trouble finding them.

Just search Six Flags Great America on Youtube. They are on the parks channel on there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2
B&MGuy35

Postby Enginerd on August 22nd, 2013, 10:55 am
Big Woody, eh? I like it.
Enginerd

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum