Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New for 2013: igNIGHT: Grand Finale

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterkidd100 on September 5th, 2012, 12:04 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:^ If Glow In The Park didn't close Whizzer, I don't see how igNIGHT possibly could.

Well the Glow In The Park parade didd't have any fireworks during it either. So if there are fireworks during igNight they may have to close down nearby rides for safety reasons.
coasterkidd100

Postby DeathbyDinn on September 5th, 2012, 3:48 pm
Did Whizzer close for the fireworks on Mardi Gras or Fourth Fest? I only remember seeing the Mardi Gras rides close for the fireworks.
DeathbyDinn

Postby DejaVu2001 on September 5th, 2012, 4:03 pm
^ Those were different. Those were launched behind Roaring Rapids. The fireworks for igNIGHT will be on a much smaller scale and will probably be launched closer to Hometown Square. Back in 2006 when the Bugs Bunny Starlight Spectacular had fireworks, those were launched at the Railroad Station, Park Ops, and Hometown Funnel Cakes, and Whizzer stopped operating for about 10 minutes.
DejaVu2001

Postby Necropolis on September 5th, 2012, 4:58 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:^ Those were different. Those were launched behind Roaring Rapids. The fireworks for igNIGHT will be on a much smaller scale and will probably be launched closer to Hometown Square. Back in 2006 when the Bugs Bunny Starlight Spectacular had fireworks, those were launched at the Railroad Station, Park Ops, and Hometown Funnel Cakes, and Whizzer stopped operating for about 10 minutes.

10 minutes huh? I wonder how long the rides will be closed for, for igNight. I feel like igNight is going to be longer than 10 minutes. I can see myself along with other customers get annoyed for not being able to ride any of the coasters they will close down. I can also see people leaving if they can't ride the coasters then. Will igNight be the closing celebration for the night and the coasters close after igNight is done?
Necropolis

Postby coastercrazy on September 7th, 2012, 11:21 am
Safety regulations say that for 1.4g fireworks(the ones that are for close proximity which I am assuming they are getting since those are the ones they had in 2006 for part of the season) say that a the safety zone (8 feet for fountains 50 feet for aerials) must be clear for the length of the show plus 10 minutes and until any unfired product is secured. The fourth of July fireworks are 1.3g which require a larger safety area. I hope they do this right and its a great show. P.S. I do fireworks for Disney that is why I know the regulations.
coastercrazy
Has A Tasty Cookie

Postby stockboy300 on May 31st, 2013, 10:52 am
When is the first showing for Ignight? This weekend?
stockboy300

Postby scott2608 on May 31st, 2013, 10:56 am
stockboy300 wrote:When is the first showing for Ignight? This weekend?

June 14th for season pass holders opens to the public on June 15
Great America Visits
2008 = 2
2009 = 26
2010 = 33
2011 = 17
2012 = 8
2013 = 4
2014 = 3

scott2608

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on May 31st, 2013, 4:32 pm
On Twitter Six Flags Great America announced that they will have a "making of" series about igNight. Here is the first part of the series. youtu.be/qyUDxEne0qk?a
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby Dmrbug on May 31st, 2013, 8:18 pm
New SFGreat_America tweet: Interested in being a part of the #igNIGHT commercial shoot by helping us fill the plaza? Here is your chance... http://bit.ly/11IDoqP

Code: Select all
Help Six Flags Great America fill the igNIGHT plaza during our commercial shoot on Thursday, June 6, 2013. Please only fill out the form if you are willing and able to be at Six Flags Great America Thursday, June 6, 2013 from 8:30 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Dmrbug

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum