Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

X-Flight new for 2012

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Coastermonkey61 on September 1st, 2011, 10:49 pm
I wonder where the queue entrance is going to be. With Superman, they had plenty of room to space out the queue and make it long. Here there's not as much room.
Coastermonkey61

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 1st, 2011, 11:02 pm
CoasterBGW wrote:Image

^If the ride (how it's set up) is anything like this picture, the station seems to be all the way in back, so that would be a walk back.

If the Dare Devil Dive concrete block is demolished (Dare Devil Dive moved), the line could be around the perimeter of the ride on that side, and switchbacks near that "garage" that used to be scenery for the Antique cars.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby BMRider on September 1st, 2011, 11:56 pm
Has anyone noticed that if you look at the animation and then look at the picture of the layout the hangar is placed in two different place?
BMRider

Postby Jerrykoala2112 on September 2nd, 2011, 6:31 am
BMRider wrote:Has anyone noticed that if you look at the animation and then look at the picture of the layout the hangar is placed in two different place?

The POV of the ride is exactly how the layout it. Not sure what you are talking about...

And as for the queue, why can't they use Great American Raceway's old Queue, while adding more to it to make it longer?
Jerrykoala2112

Postby Cole on September 2nd, 2011, 7:17 am
It'd be awesome to see our Chang conecpt art from last year.
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby CoasterDude04 on September 2nd, 2011, 7:27 am
BMRider wrote:Has anyone noticed that if you look at the animation and then look at the picture of the layout the hangar is placed in two different place?

Yeah, I did notice that too. Not that it makes a big difference, but I would rather have it where it is on the artwork (not on the POV) to spread out the keyhole effect from the head chopper effect.
"4 seats are better than 2"- CoasterDude04
CoasterDude04

Postby TwistedSTEEL666 on September 2nd, 2011, 8:10 am
This makes me so happy, that SFGAm has finally given us a major new coaster after nine years of waiting!
Plus, on top of that it's a B&M original that no other park in the US will have! The first of its kind here in the USA.

This coaster will put SFGAm on the map, big time, it might even get us more media attention than usual? Maybe a special on Discovery Channel about its construction?

To me, it looks like this X-flight coaster might have the force of BTR. BTR is still quite forceful, even for an inverted coaster, so I can imagine the kind of force X-Flight might bring.
SECOND 2014 VISIT: May 24th, 2014.
2014 Season Pass Holder

"Would You Like A Jelly Baby?" - The 4th Doctor (Doctor Who).

Antonio Aguilera
https://www.facebook.com/BEAMER3K
http://beamer3k.deviantart.com/
View my artwork.
TwistedSTEEL666

Postby SFGAm Viper on September 2nd, 2011, 9:04 am
TwistedSTEEL666 wrote:This makes me so happy, that SFGAm has finally given us a major new coaster after nine years of waiting!
Plus, on top of that it's a B&M original that no other park in the US will have! The first of its kind here in the USA.

This coaster will put SFGAm on the map, big time, it might even get us more media attention than usual? Maybe a special on Discovery Channel about its construction?

To me, it looks like this X-flight coaster might have the force of BTR. BTR is still quite forceful, even for an inverted coaster, so I can imagine the kind of force X-Flight might bring.

I wouldn't expect this to be very forceful but if it has more than I think it would be a pleasant surprise! Inversions taken slow would give you a lot of hang time which would be cool. All I care is that it is fun and I know for a fact it will be!
SFGAm Viper

Postby Chitown on September 2nd, 2011, 9:38 am
TwistedSTEEL666 wrote:This makes me so happy, that SFGAm has finally given us a major new coaster after nine years of waiting!

Don't be so sure about that. Dollywood makes their announcement on Sept. 4th and it too is supposed to be a Wingrider. SFGAm already must know this because they are phrasing in their promotions "first Wingcoaster to be announced in the U.S."
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby CstrFan512 on September 2nd, 2011, 3:01 pm
Anyone have a report yet? I know that ground work is always a pain in the a$$ because it takes to long so I wonder when that will begin. With fright fest fast approaching you can bet they'll be busy during the week when nobodys around.
Don't fight the Bull, ride the Bull!

Best 2011 Moment: "I lost my phone on Raging Bull!"
"WELL I LOST A SOCK!!!"
Best 2012 Moment: "No good! DREAM ON!"
Best 2013 Moment: "I came here for Auntie Anne's pretzels and coasters......in that order!"
CstrFan512

Postby Goku1910 on September 2nd, 2011, 3:30 pm
it's a race to see which opens first. Dollywoods B&M Wing Coaster, or X-Flight....
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Sporlo on September 2nd, 2011, 3:38 pm
So long as X-Flight has a different layout than Dollywood's (supposed) Wing Rider, I won't mind that X-Flight's "first" title doesn't mean much. If they're the same exact layout, I'll be pretty annoyed that they're billing this as something really special. Of course this is will be a GREAT ride, but if Dollywood gets a clone, it removes X-Flight's special status.
Sporlo

Postby DejaVu2001 on September 2nd, 2011, 3:41 pm
^ It's still the first new B&M in the entire Six Flags chain since 2006. I'll take it :lol:
DejaVu2001

Postby ilrider on September 2nd, 2011, 3:48 pm
Goku1910 wrote:it's a race to see which opens first. Dollywoods B&M Wing Coaster, or X-Flight....

Dollywood has already begun construction, and they open over a month before us. I'm not optimistic.
ilrider

Postby Cole on September 2nd, 2011, 4:18 pm
Goku1910 wrote:it's a race to see which opens first. Dollywoods B&M Wing Coaster, or X-Flight....

And thats a race Dollywood will win.
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby ragingbull1331 on September 2nd, 2011, 4:22 pm
Cole wrote:

And thats a race Dollywood will win.

Then what's so special about great america's "first wingrider in the united states"
RIP IRON WOLF

Twitter: ILoveJimmy_Pop
ragingbull1331

Postby Galvan317 on September 2nd, 2011, 4:57 pm
/\ Nothing. Like when they advertised Raging Bull as the worlds first "hyper-twister" coaster which was clearly Fujiuyama, and when Cedar Point advertised Magnum as the worlds first 200 foot tall coaster when it was clearly Moonsault Scramble. Heck, SFOG even said Daredevil Dive was the country's first "beyond vertical dive" coaster when I can think of some off the top of my head that opened years before (Steel Hawg, Spongebob, Mystery Mine). It's marketing, they will make up any tagline they want in order to promote the ride. In this case it doesn't really matter though, Dollywood has not announced their new coaster yet so as of now as far as anybody knows this actually is the first stateside Wingrider.
Galvan317
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby Galvan on September 2nd, 2011, 5:04 pm
Who cares bottomline is X-Flight is going to kick ass :D
Galvan

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 2nd, 2011, 5:08 pm
The GP don't care if there is another Wingrider going in at Dollywood. SFGAm can lie through their teeth, and tell the GP oh we have the first and only Wingrider, and the GP wouldn't even know. It's the enthusiasts that tell hey SFOG, what in the world are you doing. How dare you say that and this. That's why they clone rides such as Batman the Ride, Superman Ultimate Flight, etc. It's so people that go to their local park can experience something they don't have. It seems a big reason why enthusiasts care about clones is so they can get more credits for non-cloned rides.

The GP probably even thinks that Raging Bull is the tallest coaster in the world.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Muck Finnesota on September 2nd, 2011, 5:42 pm
I don't recall ever riding anything that just because it was "first" of anything made the ride any better. If a ride sucks, it sucks- and if it kicks ass, it kicks ass. "First" is a meaningless tag in marketing used to draw people into the park. Same will go for any of the the "-est", though I can see how tallest or fastest might influence the brain to think differently while riding.
Keep Eurofighters in Europe
Muck Finnesota

Postby T.K. on September 2nd, 2011, 8:29 pm
Part of X Flight queque will go thru "hangar" themed section of the rie, you can see it on the screenshot of "hangar" that left side insside the "hangar" there is straight queque with glass wall, so you can see the train run full speed thru it. Take a look yourself.
Six Flags Ameirca as the number 1 park at SFI.... this is JOKE!
T.K.

Postby ttd rox on September 2nd, 2011, 8:33 pm
T.K. wrote:Part of X Flight queque will go thru "hangar" themed section of the rie, you can see it on the screenshot of "hangar" that left side insside the "hangar" there is straight queque with glass wall, so you can see the train run full speed thru it. Take a look yourself.

I'm looking through the screenshots but can't seem to find the one where it shows any path going through the hangar. Could you post it for me please?
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

Postby Goku1910 on September 2nd, 2011, 8:40 pm
I have a picture of what looks to be a hangar from the video:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

And I see no queues at all in any of the images. The only thing I could see that can be associated with the queue is the two set of stairs.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby T.K. on September 2nd, 2011, 8:43 pm
http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2011/ ... erica.html

Third picture from the top of a page... you can see a hangar has path to the right of the picture. You can see railing in there, and a glass wall that divies the ride with the "queque". It makes sense cause when you look at lay out, the entrance could be where SWF entrance was, then go straight to the hangar, thru hangar, then make a turn behind the track to the (what would make sense) queque house and then straight up to the station.
Six Flags Ameirca as the number 1 park at SFI.... this is JOKE!
T.K.

Postby ttd rox on September 2nd, 2011, 8:48 pm
Thanks for pointing that out! Looks really cool if that is the case. Finally something different then just walking up to a ride. I hope there are close encounters with the track and a lot of shade in this queue, especially on hot days with long waits.
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum