Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

X-Flight new for 2012

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby T.K. on September 2nd, 2011, 8:55 pm
If they really do that it would be awesome, reminds me of DejaVu running thru the station and people getting excited to be next in line :) Also if I think my path is correct then you will walk under the LongAssInLineTwist element, now that would be fricken awesome.
Six Flags Ameirca as the number 1 park at SFI.... this is JOKE!
T.K.

Postby KyleK414 on September 2nd, 2011, 9:13 pm
I think this is what is being talked about...

Arrow points to it. Notice that on the left it is solid wall. On the right it is a screen or glass. There's a partial pathway and a sign looking thing above the "entrance" so I imagined what words would be on it.

Here is a great website for high rez pics and b-roll vid.

http://www.multivu.com/mnr/51450-x-flight-revolutionary-wing-coaster-coming-to-six-flags-great-america-2012

Find the hangar pic and blow it up to see the detail. Also in the video you can see that the stairs to the station are on the inside of the coaster. So the queues will probably be a lot like Bull and S:UF and meander under the coaster. :D
Push down, then pull up. Exit to your left/right. And, enjoy the rest of your day at Six Flags! Your friendly enthusiast Kyle.
KyleK414

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 2nd, 2011, 9:32 pm
^If SF did that, they would get sued in no time. To "Flight Deck"...

I have a question for everyone. You know how some people are saying this ride could be the next Batman the Ride, and maybe it could happen, but I wonder if a park with a B&M Floorless or B&M Sitdown would buy this coaster? Look who got this coaster. We got it. We don't have a B&M Sitdown or a Floorless. And the other park rumored to get it is Dollywood that doesn't have any B&Ms. Thorpe Park doesn't have those 2 (They have a B&M Inverted), and Gardaland doesn't have any B&Ms either.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby T.K. on September 2nd, 2011, 9:49 pm
Why would they get sued for "Flight Deck" ?
T.K.

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 2nd, 2011, 10:05 pm
^Cedar Fair is using it at Kings Island, Canada's Wonderland, and it's at the other Great America a ride named Flight Deck. If Cedar Fair copyright infringements, Six Flags will get mad at them, and I think Cedar Fair would be just as mad. They complained about the Voodoo ride at Dorney Park, and thus it had to be changed.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby KyleK414 on September 2nd, 2011, 10:09 pm
^ Edit. Beat me to it. I wasn't being literal with it, just what popped into my mind. It could say a multitude of things. "To Holding Area," "To Boarding Area," "To X-Flight Area," etc... To Flight Deck just seemed to fight the area provided well.
Push down, then pull up. Exit to your left/right. And, enjoy the rest of your day at Six Flags! Your friendly enthusiast Kyle.
KyleK414

Postby gottastrata33 on September 2nd, 2011, 10:34 pm
Ok, Ive read 5pages to catch up. I guess i can waste that much time when I have no work or classes tomorrow (YAY!) haha So here some things Ive read that I'll discuss:

The 3rd inversion is an immelman. Im excited because it is not only one of my favorite inversions but yes, as someone mentioned, somethin we dont have her at SFGAm. An immelman can be found on Griffon for example for those who do not know.

The shed, as I believe someone pointed out, it is in two different spots from animation vid to layout photo. However, the que thing...thats frickin awesome if it happens.

Clones...Dollywood will NOT get a clone of this, I would practically guarantee it. Her park is terrain filled & mountainy (I dont think that is proper English but it works) haha Dolly's may kick more ass but i dont frickin care, ours is frickin beautiful!! About cloning it at other parks. I dont see it happening & hope it doesnt BECAUSE one, I hope it stays unique to us & two, the layout appears made for that plot of land. It is spread out, not really compact. The swarm & Raptor are compact, not ours.

Dare Devil Dive.... watch the animation video again. Its gone. I have an almost positive feeling it wont be there in 2012.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby rct2wizard360 on September 2nd, 2011, 11:40 pm
gottastrata33 wrote: Dare Devil Dive.... watch the animation video again. Its gone. I have an almost positive feeling it wont be there in 2012.

Really starting to think it's going to be relocated somewhere else in the park.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby ragingbull1331 on September 2nd, 2011, 11:46 pm
rct2wizard360 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote: Dare Devil Dive.... watch the animation video again. Its gone. I have an almost positive feeling it wont be there in 2012.

Really starting to think it's going to be relocated somewhere else in the park.

They can't possibly put it in Iron Wolf's spot... or can they
RIP IRON WOLF

Twitter: ILoveJimmy_Pop
ragingbull1331

Postby gottastrata33 on September 3rd, 2011, 12:29 am
I hope the park has more brains than to re-locate another unattractive to the are up charge attraction.
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby Galvan on September 3rd, 2011, 1:20 am
What about the possibility (now im just thinking out loud here) of putting a relocated Dare Devil Dive behind Little Dipper?

SFSTL and most parks that have their Sky Coasters over the Go-Kart tracks. My idea (again Im not sure it will work)

But my idea is to have DDD positioned over/ or around the Go-Kart track behind Little Dipper. Just a thought, not sure it would be done or how or whatever.
Galvan

Postby KyleK414 on September 3rd, 2011, 1:34 am
Here's my geeky fan vid with the b-roll. I spliced and edited and added music. Keith and VIP get all the animation credit obviously :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G56LWVqW5Ko

Can't Wait!
KyleK414

Postby FParker185 on September 3rd, 2011, 1:43 am
I'll continue the out loud thinking with they could probably fit it in a few different places inside the park, one might be, depending on the layout of the new ride, right next to Southwest Amphitheater where the cool zone used to be, just have the lift towers right up against Eagle. Another possibility would be Hometown Square where the kid rides used to be and the basketball game and rope ladders are now. SkyCoasters really don't take up all that much ground space. Another option is where Trailblazer used to be. The park has a lot of small parcels of space, I think the best idea though would be to just get rid of it or send it to another park if some park somewhere doesn't have a SkyCoaster (Mexico maybe) and if they really want to keep an up-charge attraction maybe go for a SkyScraper, Ejection Seat or some other kind of ride that's new to the GP at SFGAm. More people I'm sure are willing to pay for an up-charge ride if they've never seen or done it before.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Coaster Justin on September 3rd, 2011, 6:07 am
FParker185 wrote:...I think the best idea though would be to just get rid of it or send it to another park if some park somewhere doesn't have a SkyCoaster (Mexico maybe) and if they really want to keep an up-charge attraction maybe go for a SkyScraper, Ejection Seat or some other kind of ride that's new to the GP at SFGAm. More people I'm sure are willing to pay for an up-charge ride if they've never seen or done it before.

Agree, But I'd Perfer a Sky Sling. (Twice the Capacity of a Skycoaster, Faster Reload Cycle= Mo Money, Mo Money, Mo Money) PS. I use that phrase in Life.

Although, I'd rather No Pay Per Rides in the Park and Use the Space for FREE rides.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Goku1910 on September 3rd, 2011, 6:38 am
oh wow, That is cool. I hope that really happens!
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby thedavid on September 3rd, 2011, 11:10 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:^If SF did that, they would get sued in no time. To "Flight Deck"...

I have a question for everyone. You know how some people are saying this ride could be the next Batman the Ride, and maybe it could happen, but I wonder if a park with a B&M Floorless or B&M Sitdown would buy this coaster? Look who got this coaster. We got it. We don't have a B&M Sitdown or a Floorless. And the other park rumored to get it is Dollywood that doesn't have any B&Ms. Thorpe Park doesn't have those 2 (They have a B&M Inverted), and Gardaland doesn't have any B&Ms either.

"To Flight Deck" means that you are walking towards X-Flight, because it is flight themed, that is a really good way of theming. the "flight deck" is the cockpit of a plane, and the theme has you as the pilot.

They aren't getting sued..
thedavid

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 3rd, 2011, 12:09 pm
^Dude, the guy photoshopped that in there - "To Flight Deck". Though, if they really did that, they probably would get sued for that.
Ilovthevu'

Postby Chitown on September 3rd, 2011, 1:22 pm
^No, they wouldn't. They aren't using it as the name for the coaster. It would just be a term during the ride. Going to "a Flight Deck" cannot be possibly trademarked.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby Coastermonkey61 on September 3rd, 2011, 1:34 pm
Didn't Space Shuttle America use the term "flight deck" at some point in the ride?

Seriously, it's a term for a location. They can use whatever they want as long as they don't say "THIS WAY TO CEDAR FAIR'S FLIGHT DECK!!!"

Mod Note: Watch your language.
Coastermonkey61

Postby T.K. on September 3rd, 2011, 1:40 pm
Exactly they wouldn't get sued for the sign that would say "Flight Deck". There are many roller coasters around the world called "Roller Coaster" and you think they can sue other parks for it lmao. So if any place, restaurant, theme park, movie theater, U.S. army uses the sign "This way to flight deck", Cedar Faire can sue them lmao. I know United States is famous for suing people over anything, but come on really... Flight Deck name is not used as a name of a product so they can't sue them.
T.K.

Postby Luxornv on September 3rd, 2011, 1:41 pm
Also remember, X-Flight was once the name of Firehawk at King's Island when it was at Geauga Lake. Granted, any trademarks that were on the name have clearly expired since Six Flags wouldn't have been able to trademark it themselves. I don't think there's an issue with using "flight deck" within the attraction as long as it's not the primary name since it's just a general name used in flight jargon.
Luxornv

Postby tp41190 on September 3rd, 2011, 3:25 pm
Heres the thing about Skycoasters, the park actually doesn't own the ride. The park leases the ride from Skycoaster and pays royalty every year. I'm sure by now the ride has been well payed off and then some. There is a 182ft tall A-frame and a 250ft tall arch sitting around waiting to be bought. If I were Six Flags, I would buy a taller model and advertise it as a new ride.

However the park knows that the GP will pay the $60 for a 3 person flight regardless no matter how high it is. The other thing is that it will be a little tricky to just move the ride. Because the ride is built on a platform, not to mention the ride has a 12ft lift, they would need to get longer cables and thus make the distance between the arch and the tower longer. If they did move it, it would actually be pretty cool as it would actually be the legit height for that skycoaster model. Because of that damn platform and lift, it is one of the weakest skycoasters I have ridden.
[read]
tp41190

Postby Galvan on September 3rd, 2011, 3:56 pm
The problem with the 250 foot tall skycoaster, would be they'd need a height variance to be approved to add the ride, not saying it won't happen by any stretch, just we'd know well enough in advance that was going to happen.
Galvan

Postby tp41190 on September 3rd, 2011, 4:55 pm
^True. Also, I forgot about Kentucky Kingdoms 180ft A Frame. I doubt that Six Flags is still paying the license for it as it's SBNO. I wonder if they would ever consider moving it.

How high does something have to be for them to need approval?
[read]
tp41190

Postby DeathbyDinn on September 3rd, 2011, 5:37 pm
^ Over 125 feet.
DeathbyDinn

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum