Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

X-Flight new for 2012

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby onyxhotel08 on September 3rd, 2011, 10:57 pm
X-Flight will be a huge hit, I see Raging Bull go down to second (When Superman is not as busy) in terms of lines for like the first time in years. The fact that it will liven up County Fair like no ride has since Deja Vu? is a heaven sent. It is unique, even longer than Iron Wolf and simply beautiful. I can only imagine how stunning it will look up close. What is the cost? 15 million?
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby CstrFan512 on September 3rd, 2011, 11:18 pm
Money well spent for SFGAm fans!
CstrFan512

Postby KyleK414 on September 4th, 2011, 12:48 am
^ My sentiments exactly! :D
Push down, then pull up. Exit to your left/right. And, enjoy the rest of your day at Six Flags! Your friendly enthusiast Kyle.
KyleK414

Postby 6Flags4Evr on September 4th, 2011, 8:24 am
I can't wait to ride this new coaster. It will be an experience like no other. I'm sure it will be worth the 8 year wait we have waited for a new major new coaster. GO BIG!!!! RIDE X-FLIGHT!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Can't live without Coasters!!!
6Flags4Evr

Postby ilrider on September 4th, 2011, 11:25 am
onyxhotel08 wrote:X-Flight will be a huge hit, I see Raging Bull go down to second (When Superman is not as busy) in terms of lines for like the first time in years. The fact that it will liven up County Fair like no ride has since Deja Vu? is a heaven sent. It is unique, even longer than Iron Wolf and simply beautiful. I can only imagine how stunning it will look up close. What is the cost? 15 million?

B&M coasters are always in the $20+ million dollar range. They command high prices for their rides, for a good reason.
ilrider

Postby Coaster Justin on September 4th, 2011, 1:54 pm
The Ride will Depend on 2 Things for Me:

- Hourly Capacity
- If the Ride is Re-Rideable
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Galvan on September 4th, 2011, 2:34 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:The Ride will Depend on 2 Things for Me:

- Hourly Capacity

How won't X-Flight not be re-rideable? It's a B&M coaster?
Galvan

Postby bearfan on September 4th, 2011, 4:33 pm
I know this is off topic but hope some can help me i lost my wallet today and my season pass was in it how do i replace and thank you ahead of time.
bearfan

Postby No-Limits on September 4th, 2011, 5:44 pm
I personally think it will be ok, love the tower inversion.
But yet something just doesn't feel satifying about it meh.

Btw the cole and the soap box is some funny crap
No-Limits

Postby ttd rox on September 4th, 2011, 6:04 pm
bearfan wrote:I know this is off topic but hope some can help me i lost my wallet today and my season pass was in it how do i replace and thank you ahead of time.

I lost mine once and all I needed was a drivers license or any ID with your name and photo at the season pass center in Hometown Square. They will compare your info and replace it. I forgot if they charged me or not, I know my dad took care of that.

This coaster looks incredible in all aspects. It may or may not provide heavy forces, but if the speed is anything like in the animation it may very well provide some G's. The hang time might be the best part but we'll see!
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

Postby Coastermonkey61 on September 4th, 2011, 6:19 pm
Galvan316 wrote:

- Hourly Capacity

It's worth at least one re-ride already since each side of the train will be drastically different experiences.
Coastermonkey61

Postby Cole on September 4th, 2011, 6:59 pm
No-Limits wrote:Btw the cole and the soap box is some funny crap

What are you talking about?
Top 5: 1) El Toro. 2) Maverick. 3) Millenium Force. 4) Diamondback. 5) X2.
Coaster Count: 167 (41 Wood, 125 Steel)
@Coaster_Cole on Twitter
Cole

Postby UWW-10 on September 4th, 2011, 7:43 pm
I see this coaster fitting in (popularity-wise) somewhere between Superman and Batman. Makes me wonder how long ago this was on the drawing boards. There have been surveys and groups of people in that area for quite a few years collecting data.
UWW-10

Postby bearfan on September 4th, 2011, 7:49 pm
How do i get to hometown without my pass.
bearfan

Postby ttd rox on September 4th, 2011, 7:56 pm
bearfan wrote:How do i get to hometown without my pass.
At Guest Relations/Services you give your info and they give you a slip (use to anyways) and you take it to Hometown to get a new pass. They may have changed their recovery method so I'm not positive.

What seat do you think will be best? Front, middle, or back?
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

Postby bearfan on September 4th, 2011, 8:05 pm
thank all for the help but the kenoha police just returned my wallet
bearfan

Postby dark knight 1780 on September 4th, 2011, 8:46 pm
Well the new ride for Dollywood was announced. It will be called the Wild Eagle. It will be 3127 feet in length, 210 feet in height, and a 135 foot drop, and attain a top speed of 61 mph. It will 4 inversions. It is a unique layout, but I still think ours looks better from looking at the picture.
dark knight 1780

Postby dark knight 1780 on September 4th, 2011, 8:48 pm
Also, you can go to RCDB.com and look at a layout of the coaster for Dollywood. I think ours looks much better. The extra length is definitely in the lift hill. The layout actually looks short to me. I may not be seeing it all but it looks shorter than ours from the pic.
dark knight 1780

Postby ilrider on September 4th, 2011, 9:00 pm
Galvan316 wrote:

- Hourly Capacity

You realize you are saying, "How will X-Flight be re-rideable?" due to the double negative, right?
ilrider

Postby Falcon on September 4th, 2011, 9:03 pm
I think ours will be better than Dollywoods. The things we have over then is a better first drop, the near miss in the hanger , and the key hole element. I personaly think that the twists will be more fun than a loop on a wing coaster. They might have the first but I think ours wins.
Falcon

Postby dark knight 1780 on September 4th, 2011, 9:10 pm
I think ours will be better too. When you look at the layout of Dollywoods, it is a plain out and back style. It does its 4 inversions and heads back to the station. Unless it is something I am missing, I can see all the inversions in the picture, I don't know how to post a picture on here but if you go to rcdb.com. someone can get it and post it on here and you will see, ours will definitely be better. They do have the drop, but we have the much better layout and use of the technology. When I say they have the drop, I was just talking about in height, I think our drop is far superior in the fun factor.
Last edited by dark knight 1780 on September 4th, 2011, 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dark knight 1780

Postby Sporlo on September 4th, 2011, 9:12 pm
Last edited by Sporlo on September 4th, 2011, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sporlo

Postby KyleK414 on September 4th, 2011, 9:16 pm
X-Flight is easily going to win in this battle. B&M know who really buttered their bread! First stand-up/their roller coaster ever: Iron Wolf. First Inverted: Batman: The Ride. First Hyper: Raging Bull. First unique Wingrider: X-Flight! Great America isn't getting the second rate of the two. Ours will be the one talked about in years as being the first of it's kind.
Push down, then pull up. Exit to your left/right. And, enjoy the rest of your day at Six Flags! Your friendly enthusiast Kyle.
KyleK414

Postby FParker185 on September 4th, 2011, 9:19 pm
First unique wingrider? wouldn't that be X-Raptor? followed by Wild Eagle, then Swarm then X-flight. Each one is unique so far :D

Also Apollo's Chariot opened well before Raging Bull.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby thedavid on September 4th, 2011, 9:21 pm
X-Flight is not the first of it's kind. It's the third.
thedavid

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum