SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby coasterfanatic on April 21st, 2024, 11:52 am
Yes. And Whizzer is getting a system upgrade.

I rode Sky Trek Tower multiple times last year. There were definitely days when it didn’t open due to weather or staffing, but it was scheduled as 10:30-2 operating hours.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 489
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby Goku1910 on April 21st, 2024, 3:03 pm
For anyone that didn't go this weekend, here's an imgur album of random stuff I took. Imgur didn't keep them in order so.....

For the inexplicable image of a garbage can, they are placed in a line on revi's old spot and they're all on top of these concrete circles. No idea why there's perfectly aligned concrete circles in a giant pad of asphalt.

https://imgur.com/a/UYzmjNf
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 21st, 2024, 3:59 pm
I’m currently at the park waiting for X-Flight. I would’ve posted this in the Trip Report Forum but I don’t know if new Forum Topics are still allowed considering that I posted one about RCT3 that has yet to be posted. Anyway, very long lines, especially for X-Flight, Raging Bull, and Maxx Force. X-Flight is only running one train. I was able to get two rides on Demon in the morning, one front, one back, both with no wait. Flash momentarily closed due to a malfunction. Viper also malfunctioned for 20 minutes but was able to be operational again. I did not notice much of a tracking difference on the hill that they retracked. Most exciting of all was that I got stuck at the top of Dark Knight’s lift for a little bit and I got to ride it with lights on! I’ve currently waited 45 minutes exactly for X-Flight but I’ll update you guys after I get off.

EDIT: I ended up waiting 75 minutes for front row.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 54
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 22nd, 2024, 7:42 am
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:I’m currently at the park waiting for X-Flight. I would’ve posted this in the Trip Report Forum but I don’t know if new Forum Topics are still allowed considering that I posted one about RCT3 that has yet to be posted. Anyway, very long lines, especially for X-Flight, Raging Bull, and Maxx Force. X-Flight is only running one train. I was able to get two rides on Demon in the morning, one front, one back, both with no wait. Flash momentarily closed due to a malfunction. Viper also malfunctioned for 20 minutes but was able to be operational again. I did not notice much of a tracking difference on the hill that they retracked. Most exciting of all was that I got stuck at the top of Dark Knight’s lift for a little bit and I got to ride it with lights on! I’ve currently waited 45 minutes exactly for X-Flight but I’ll update you guys after I get off.

EDIT: I ended up waiting 75 minutes for front row.



Wow! I've never heard of Dark Knight getting stuck at all!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 22nd, 2024, 7:51 pm
Went to the park Sunday but not Saturday. For opening weekend standards, I was pleasantly surprised and was happy how it went! I thought ride operations were solid, both in their speed and amount of rides open. The one gripe I have is that Raging Bull opened on one train both days - why? You know you are going to need that second train both days. Food service was slow, which is expected for opening weekend, but food was still tasty and warm. Not happy they got rid of the Meat Market options on the meal plan for Yukon BBQ. The park was not as messy as I thought it was going to be with the various closed rides and county fair construction. Front gate is a mess but at least that's not something you walk past multiple times inside the park. Big thumbs up for me!
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 559
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

Postby Goku1910 on April 23rd, 2024, 1:21 pm
Same, I felt ops were pretty good considering what we usually get on opening.

As for Bull running one in the morning, most likely due to staffing. Requires less people and I know SF has people starting mid-shift around 11:30-12:00.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 24th, 2024, 7:00 am
Goku1910 wrote:For anyone that didn't go this weekend, here's an imgur album of random stuff I took. Imgur didn't keep them in order so.....

For the inexplicable image of a garbage can, they are placed in a line on revi's old spot and they're all on top of these concrete circles. No idea why there's perfectly aligned concrete circles in a giant pad of asphalt.

https://imgur.com/a/UYzmjNf



Thanks for posting these! I'm having a hard time envisioning the new pathway up front and I was at the park on Saturday! Is it to the far left when you're facing the carousel?

Also is that black steel fence that's by front entrance (on the right as you face the park) new? I don't remember that being there. Maybe they put it there for the new Hurricane entrance?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Goku1910 on April 24th, 2024, 7:04 am
Yes, left of the carousel. Just imagine they cut the trees and bushes between the bathroom extending to the Orleans gift store.

Trees are still there, but they are now surrounded by smaller berms with benches.

Part of me hopes they do the same to the other side and gets rid of the ugly/out of place coke stand there.
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 24th, 2024, 8:38 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Yes, left of the carousel. Just imagine they cut the trees and bushes between the bathroom extending to the Orleans gift store.

Trees are still there, but they are now surrounded by smaller berms with benches.

Part of me hopes they do the same to the other side and gets rid of the ugly/out of place coke stand there.



I see your photo of the new path but still can't visualize it! How long is that new path?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 24th, 2024, 9:36 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:AVOID Superman at all costs! The one train operation plus some team training resulted in a 70 minute wait! I was in line on the straight part of the line (near the signs).


I would quickly like to thank CoasterRiderSC for the helpful information since I went on Sunday. I avoided Superman at all costs and I think it was for the better! After I got off of Dark Knight, I snickered a little when I saw the sight of everybody in line knowing that with one-train operations, they were only pushing a train out every five minutes. (Which they were.)

(Potentially hot take incoming.) For the record, I think Superman is the second-to-worst coaster at the park. Call me a wimp, but that pretzel loop was painful. I actually prefer Little Dipper.

I thought that the Dippin' Dots prices were HILARIOUSLY overpriced. Last year I remember the Regular being $9.99 and the "Goliath" being $10.99. This year, I don't remember if it was the Regular or "Goliath" size, but one of them was $12.49. My father and I could not stop from laughing out loud as we passed the stand. In fact, everything was so expensive at the park (inflation + Selim = not a good combination) that the only thing I chose to buy was the cool Demon magnet for $6-7 bucks! (I forgot how much it cost exactly.) I'm not complaining though, $30 at Culver's got us way farther than at SFGAm!

Also, random question, is anybody else planning on revisiting/visiting Great America this weekend? I'm interested to know how the crowds will be considering school is still very much in session and those Math and Physics days or whatever are starting up. (Why do they go all the way until JUNE 30th?)
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 54
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm

Postby coasterfanatic on April 25th, 2024, 1:13 am
The park typically isn’t busy early season even on weekends. The weather is supposed to be nice, but it may feel busy due to reduced operations.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 489
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 25th, 2024, 9:55 am
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:AVOID Superman at all costs! The one train operation plus some team training resulted in a 70 minute wait! I was in line on the straight part of the line (near the signs).


I would quickly like to thank CoasterRiderSC for the helpful information since I went on Sunday. I avoided Superman at all costs and I think it was for the better! After I got off of Dark Knight, I snickered a little when I saw the sight of everybody in line knowing that with one-train operations, they were only pushing a train out every five minutes. (Which they were.)

(Potentially hot take incoming.) For the record, I think Superman is the second-to-worst coaster at the park. Call me a wimp, but that pretzel loop was painful. I actually prefer Little Dipper.


Blue_toad_Coasters - You're welcome! As for Superman it's not in my top 5 but I do like it. And I believe the pretzel loop is THE most intense element on any coaster we have! 2nd is that forceful left turn that Batman takes after 3rd inversion.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Goku1910 on April 27th, 2024, 11:32 am
X-Flight got it's 2nd train already. I'm actually impressed.
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 27th, 2024, 4:51 pm
Goku1910 wrote:X-Flight got it's 2nd train already. I'm actually impressed.

WOW!! That's great news! My fave ride!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 30th, 2024, 8:26 pm
Awesome to hear about the second train. Good for the park, and us!
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 559
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 4th, 2024, 8:21 pm
Returned to the park today for my second visit of the season. Aside from the status of the various construction projects, I have been really impressed with how well the park has been running this year. The improvements to landscaping have been very noticeable and ride operations are very respectable for early May. Not to throw shade, but we have it a lot better than SFGAd does right now, and they are the ones supposed to have their season of a lifetime with their 50th.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 559
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 4th, 2024, 8:58 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Returned to the park today for my second visit of the season. Aside from the status of the various construction projects, I have been really impressed with how well the park has been running this year. The improvements to landscaping have been very noticeable and ride operations are very respectable for early May. Not to throw shade, but we have it a lot better than SFGAd does right now, and they are the ones supposed to have their season of a lifetime with their 50th.



Dan - where are the landscaping improvements (other than the opening of the new "path" ) ?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 5th, 2024, 11:29 am
I'm a fan of all the flowers they have put in everywhere, even beyond the carousel plaza. And though its not gone everywhere, it seems like they have been removing some of the overgrowth/weeds throughout the park. There has not been as much of that as I remember.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 559
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

Postby coasterfanatic on May 9th, 2024, 10:36 am
I’m having a discussion with someone: Hasn’t Bull not gotten its 3rd train til Fright Fest the last few years?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 489
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 9th, 2024, 4:32 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:I’m having a discussion with someone: Hasn’t Bull not gotten its 3rd train til Fright Fest the last few years?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I think you're correct!!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1272
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Sven18 on May 10th, 2024, 9:24 am
ALERT: If you need to or know somebody that needs to buy a pass, wait. The free upgrade is coming back for the Memorial Day Sale. Saw it when my Wells Fargo credit card listed its' 20 or so special extra cash back offers yesterday. The card listed the sale & the card bonus was 5% cash back for purchases at Six Flags thru June.
Sven18

 
Posts: 484
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Coaster Justin on May 10th, 2024, 2:39 pm
Unless I misheard, On the Quarterly Earnings, Selim mentioned that SFGAm will get Solar Panels at 26:58

Not sure if it's for the parking lot, or if it's what's going on with the entrance?


https://event.choruscall.com/mediaframe ... d=w1HGf9hw
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

User avatar
 
Posts: 2130
Joined: October 12th, 2007, 12:07 pm
Location: Park City, IL

Postby Goku1910 on May 11th, 2024, 10:06 am
At the park today and will be posting any changes I find here:

https://imgur.com/a/7EcXB24

The entrance is open to allow people through the center.

Edit: seems they are testing the new camera system for ride photos and video. I peeked behind X-Flight's curtain and someone was in there with the TV's on. Said "Now introducing Video."

At Goliath the shop is closed so I wouldn't be surprised if they were behind closed doors setting some stuff up.
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby Sven18 on May 11th, 2024, 1:46 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:Unless I misheard, On the Quarterly Earnings, Selim mentioned that SFGAm will get Solar Panels at 26:58

Not sure if it's for the parking lot, or if it's what's going on with the entrance?


https://event.choruscall.com/mediaframe ... d=w1HGf9hw


Yes, he said it. If it is like the SFMM & GAdv it will be in the parking lot, as a shade structure too.
Sven18

 
Posts: 484
Joined: September 10th, 2017, 10:28 am

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 12th, 2024, 8:24 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Edit: seems they are testing the new camera system for ride photos and video. I peeked behind X-Flight's curtain and someone was in there with the TV's on. Said "Now introducing Video."


SFMM has already rolled this out. We saw it on a few rides and out of curiosity we dug a little deeper at Tatsu. The photo stand is not staffed - you scan a QR that gives you access* to both pictures and videos. The videos are reminiscent of the video snippets for Steel Vengeance or Mystic Timbers if you are familiar with those. You find your row and you are able to preview the pictures and videos, albeit they are naturally littered with watermarks. I think it was $30 to get the content without watermarks. Don't quote me on price, and it was not clear to us if the $30 (or whatever it is - certainly seemed steep) bought you just those specific photos/videos or if you are buying an unlimited pass for the day.

I believe SFGAd already has this as well but I have not been there in a couple years.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 559
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 41 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.