Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby ProfessorPiggos on July 10th, 2022, 8:12 pm
Jodon wrote:raging Rapids also had a sign at the entrance saying "Coming Soon." Not sure if that sign had been up before and it was places in front of the sign that had been there all season so far.

I'm not sure if I've seen that there before, but I saw maintenance happening on the ride on the 3rd and 5th, one of the times they had a truck with what seemed to be a large hose on it. I have a feeling the ride will be opening soon, probably by the end of the month.
ProfessorPiggos

Postby Coaster Justin on July 12th, 2022, 6:57 pm
On the 10th, I saw workers on the beginning part pre-waterfall and the station
811 Coasters in 31 States and 9 Countries. Email me if you want to Know.

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby coasterfanatic on July 13th, 2022, 7:23 pm
The Coming Soon sign is new on Roaring Rapids. The plan is to get it open. They are still working on it.

Loggers is now open 12-7 daily. They scrambled to get it open because Aquaman is closed for the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Jodon on July 26th, 2022, 2:03 pm
Apparently SFGAm is having an after-dark food and ride event from the 28th-30th in Hometown Square. I think it's a fine idea and don't mind the $40 upcharge, but how are they only giving guests a 2-4 day heads-up???

That seems like really poor planning and bad management/PR. Why not try to promote the event for more than a few days?

https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/e ... after-dark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jodon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 26th, 2022, 5:19 pm
^ I think the idea is a really good one! But you have only 3 hours to use up at least 12 food credits : Members get 4 bonus credits and pass holders 2 bonus credits.

Even if you were to buy 3 entrees to use up 12 credits, 3 hours is too short to consume all that food!

I think they should lower the price to maybe 24.99 or 29.99 and give out 10 credits.

Also, does anyone know how to redeem the Bring Friend for 29.99 offer?? It doesn't show up in the portal for me. I'm a gold pass holder (only IL parks).
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 27th, 2022, 3:13 pm
UPDATE: I just called Great America and the customer service rep said if the Bring a Friend for 29.99 doesn't show up in the portal for me, I can buy the ticket at Guest Relations (booth on the right as you're facing the park) . I just need to show my pass and an ID.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum