Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

So...what ride will SFGAM remove next?

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby JackGlass on September 4th, 2019, 8:05 pm
I'm fairly certain that the next ride to go will be Buccaneer Battle

The ride doesn't draw crowds, even on busy days. I think it will be replaced with a custom single rail coaster and I think it will happen in 2021. Jim will want to leave his final mark on Great America before he retires and it makes total sense from a business standpoint to remove an unpopular attraction and replace it with something that's guaranteed to be a smash hit with the GP.

Buccaneer Battle would be a great fit at a park like Discovery Kingdom.
JackGlass

Postby JT2002 on September 4th, 2019, 10:04 pm
JackGlass wrote:I'm fairly certain that the next ride to go will be Buccaneer Battle

The ride doesn't draw crowds, even on busy days. I think it will be replaced with a custom single rail coaster and I think it will happen in 2021. Jim will want to leave his final mark on Great America before he retires and it makes total sense from a business standpoint to remove an unpopular attraction and replace it with something that's guaranteed to be a smash hit with the GP.

I think that from management and the company's perspective, there are more pressing needs than getting rid of Buccaneer Battle. I'm hoping they be creative with Battle's footprint because there's so many things they could put in there that would be better. I just can't wrap my head around a custom single rail, like I couldn't get behind RMC Eagle 2020. Kids rides revamp or Eagle retrack, something small, but will last a long time.
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby IssaCoaster on September 6th, 2019, 2:37 am
JT2002 wrote:
JackGlass wrote:I'm fairly certain that the next ride to go will be Buccaneer Battle

I think that from management and the company's perspective, there are more pressing needs than getting rid of Buccaneer Battle. I'm hoping they be creative with Battle's footprint because there's so many things they could put in there that would be better. I just can't wrap my head around a custom single rail, like I couldn't get behind RMC Eagle 2020. Kids rides revamp or Eagle retrack, something small, but will last a long time.
Idk who said Eagle was getting retracked or redone for the 2020 season. We literally just got a coaster[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby Coastermonkey61 on September 18th, 2019, 10:38 pm
I wonder if the park may look into a SFOG/Ninja-style refurb for Demon because of its history, mainly swapping out trains. I agree that there’s value to Demon as a family thrill coaster, but it rides so poorly that it’s a pretty hard sell to people.

I wonder what plot of land would fit a Giant/Giga Discovery assuming the height variance is okayed. Maybe Buccaneer Battle? I would assuredly think the Go Karts would work for a Discovery, but what about Dare Devil Dive? The park may not be willing to rid of a pay attraction like that, but if Revolution is gonna bite the dust with a Discovery addition, it would make sense to put the new ride in that area. But I have doubts the park will get a Discovery with the sheer size of it.
Coastermonkey61

Postby JackGlass on September 19th, 2019, 10:44 am
The head banging seems to be the biggest complaint from the GP. They like the Demon but hate the head banging.

Giving it the Blue Hawk treatment would probably be the best option.
JackGlass

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum