SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
New for 2019
Ride Status
Park Information
Latest News
Park Pricing
Park Map
Accomadations
Current Weather
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Show Guide
Hurricane Harbor
Park Information
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Magic Waters and SF membership

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Chirojon on May 9th, 2019, 9:53 am
Apologies if this is in the wrong forum but I searched and couldn't find a good answer.

1) Which membership level at SF is good to get in to Magic Waters or is it included in all season passes/memberships? I can't find a clear answer on this.

2) Is there a place in the Six Flags app that shows that it's good for Magic Waters? (don't see it under the fine print or coupon section)

Thanks ya'll
Chirojon

 
Posts: 55
Joined: January 9th, 2003, 1:11 am
Location: Lake Forest, IL

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on May 9th, 2019, 10:55 am
Yes, Magic Waters can be accessed by Season Pass, and Membership. If you enter your pass number in the Six Flags app it also has information of which parks you can visit.
How come Lightning Rod is never open when I go.

Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. El Toro 3. Maverick 4. Mako 5. Boulder Dash 6. Nitro 7. Goliath SFGAM 8. Iron Rattler 9. Medusa Steel Coaster 10. Superman The Ride
_FuryBull_330_

User avatar
 
Posts: 327
Joined: April 12th, 2018, 4:06 pm
Location: Wherever there's roller coasters.

Postby Chirojon on May 9th, 2019, 11:13 am
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:Yes, Magic Waters can be accessed by Season Pass, and Membership. If you enter your pass number in the Six Flags app it also has information of which parks you can visit.



Yes, I've done that and under "pass is valid at the following parks" it lists all the SF parks but Magic Waters isn't there. I have a regular membership, a gold membership and a gold combo season pass (my respective kids' passes) and none of them say that it can be used there.

So, what you are saying, however, is that all levels of membership is good for Magic Waters?

Thanks for your help, btw.
Chirojon

 
Posts: 55
Joined: January 9th, 2003, 1:11 am
Location: Lake Forest, IL

Postby rmceagle2021 on May 9th, 2019, 12:16 pm
Chirojon wrote:
_FuryBull_330_ wrote:Yes, Magic Waters can be accessed by Season Pass, and Membership. If you enter your pass number in the Six Flags app it also has information of which parks you can visit.



Yes, I've done that and under "pass is valid at the following parks" it lists all the SF parks but Magic Waters isn't there. I have a regular membership, a gold membership and a gold combo season pass (my respective kids' passes) and none of them say that it can be used there.

So, what you are saying, however, is that all levels of membership is good for Magic Waters?

Thanks for your help, btw.

All levels of mebership and season pass are vailed at magic waters. You can also use a six flags dining pass there
rmceagle2021

User avatar
 
Posts: 26
Joined: February 7th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Postby anewman35 on May 9th, 2019, 4:27 pm
They've been a little vague about how it is going to work. I know I've read somewhere that they said that all current Great America passes and memberships work (not sure about other Six Flags passes), but it's usually written in a way that implies that at some point they may sell some sort of 'basic' pass that DOESN'T include Magic Waters...
anewman35

 
Posts: 1176
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby Chirojon on May 9th, 2019, 4:31 pm
anewman35 wrote:They've been a little vague about how it is going to work. I know I've read somewhere that they said that all current Great America passes and memberships work (not sure about other Six Flags passes), but it's usually written in a way that implies that at some point they may sell some sort of 'basic' pass that DOESN'T include Magic Waters...



Exactly, everything I have read is vague; which is why I wondered if it is for a 'higher' level pass above gold.

Anyway, I appreciate all of your responses.
Chirojon

 
Posts: 55
Joined: January 9th, 2003, 1:11 am
Location: Lake Forest, IL

Postby rmceagle2021 on May 9th, 2019, 4:50 pm
Chirojon wrote:
anewman35 wrote:They've been a little vague about how it is going to work. I know I've read somewhere that they said that all current Great America passes and memberships work (not sure about other Six Flags passes), but it's usually written in a way that implies that at some point they may sell some sort of 'basic' pass that DOESN'T include Magic Waters...



Exactly, everything I have read is vague; which is why I wondered if it is for a 'higher' level pass above gold.

Anyway, I appreciate all of your responses.

No all passes even the basic season pass and membership includes access to magic water
rmceagle2021

User avatar
 
Posts: 26
Joined: February 7th, 2019, 1:26 pm

Postby anewman35 on May 9th, 2019, 5:21 pm
All passes now do. But by using language like this:
'Free Magic Waters all season
You'll get a free upgrade to a 2-Park Pass!'
It just confuses people, because it implies there's such a thing as a '1-park pass'

My guess is the because of the timing of when they for Magic Waters they just threw it on every pass but in the future they may include it as a 'gold pass' bonus thing but on every pass (I looked at a few parks with water parks and some seem to have that option and some don't).

In any case, if they ever do start not including it on every pass hopefully they'll make it a lot clearer what's going on. I feel like it's still not fully integrated everywhere...
anewman35

 
Posts: 1176
Joined: January 17th, 2010, 5:04 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 10th, 2019, 7:53 am
How is Magic Waters, compared to Hurricane Harbor, in terms of slides, attractions, etc ?

Does it get super crowded there?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 845
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby Chirojon on May 10th, 2019, 11:45 am
anewman35 wrote:All passes now do. But by using language like this:
'Free Magic Waters all season
You'll get a free upgrade to a 2-Park Pass!'
It just confuses people, because it implies there's such a thing as a '1-park pass'

My guess is the because of the timing of when they for Magic Waters they just threw it on every pass but in the future they may include it as a 'gold pass' bonus thing but on every pass (I looked at a few parks with water parks and some seem to have that option and some don't).

In any case, if they ever do start not including it on every pass hopefully they'll make it a lot clearer what's going on. I feel like it's still not fully integrated everywhere...


Yes, thank you all for letting me know - yes^^ it does seem ambiguous in that it made me wonder.
Chirojon

 
Posts: 55
Joined: January 9th, 2003, 1:11 am
Location: Lake Forest, IL

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 7th, 2019, 2:43 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:How is Magic Waters, compared to Hurricane Harbor, in terms of slides, attractions, etc ?

Does it get super crowded there?


It's much, much smaller. They have 6 towers of slides where they mostly have 2 slides each. One is like the Wipeout (Riptide Bay) at Great America. You have 4 (up to 2 people) tube slides that are on 2 "towers". 2 of them are completely enclosed, and 2 of them are not enclosed at all. You have (like Riptide Bay), 2 body slides that go straight down. I think they have 3 other body slides that are on the same "tower". I'm not sure it's 2 or 3.

The wavepool to me is very, very deep, and to me is way too deep. It also only does 1 thing compared to Great America's 5 sets of waves, or however many they have. The 1 thing Magic Waters wavepool does is have waves that are very choppy over the entire wavepool. These to me are way less exciting than at Great America's different waves. For how deep Magic Waters wavepool is compared to Six Flags, for Six Flags I can STAND all the way to rope, and not have my head completely submerged. For Magic Waters, it feels about halfway through the entire pool I can stand, and not be completely submerged.

For the relaxing river, they don't have a ton of squirters or waterfalls as compared to Great Americas.

Yes, at certain times; this waterpark does get crowded. However, this park also had $10 admission, late night Wednesdays, and much cheaper specials compared to what Six Flags is now charging for this place. The parking was also free before, and now it is $10; unless you have a season pass.

One of the best and most amazing waterslides at this park has been gone for awhile, and that was the water coaster.

The difference BEFORE though that made this park more fun than Six Flags's waterpark is that they have plenty of tubes for the tube slides, and the relaxing river. You still have to wait in lines for the waterslide, but you aren't waiting a LONG time to get a tube from another person. Six Flags does this on purpose because they want people to cut the line at Six Flag's waterpark, so they barely have any tubes for regular people. For the relaxing river at Great America, they have way more tubes (They put them on the side towards the end of the ride), but they don't want to put them into the river unless the park is really, really packed because they want more people to buy tubes. They limit capacity on purpose at Six Flag's waterpark. They have 4 water slides (per tower), and sometimes they literally only have 1 person working 4 waterslides at Six Flags.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

 
Posts: 4370
Images: 32
Joined: June 4th, 2004, 7:54 pm

Postby hook13 on June 10th, 2019, 1:36 pm
Very accurate info, that wave pool is deep! not that crowded this weekend, but weather wasn't that warm, I expect it will get busy/crowded, magic waters always was. Lots of staff and lifeguards, small police presence... typical six flags food operation (slow/confused/etc). Food was similar to park (burgers/funnel cake/pizza/meatball sub/italian beef/basic nachos/popcorn/pretzels/snowcones/chicken strips/salad/buffalo chicken sandwich)
hook13

 
Posts: 35
Joined: May 11th, 2017, 9:14 am


Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.