Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

six flags:ev

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Timmy179 on February 5th, 2003, 6:52 pm
- Six Flags Entertainment Village - (6/29/2000) While there are still no firm plans to start this project, we did find out that Premier Parks only has five years to get the ball rolling (from the 1999 approval date) before the Village Counsel's approval will expire. The clock is ticking... and so far it looks like Premier loves water parks, so perhaps we'll hear something before long.(2/23/98) It won unamious approval from the city this week, advancing the $400 million plans to the next level. Construction isn't expected to start on Phase I until at least 2000. Phase-I is a 25 acre waterpark, several hotels, restaurants, and a shopping center. Phase-II would involve the building of a 12,000 seat convention center. All of this will be built on a 136 acre site across the I-94, which is said to bring in up to $10 million in tax dollars to the comunity a year to be used for public facilities, road improvments, schools, and such.Does anybody know anything about this its new news to me!
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby coastrcorey on February 5th, 2003, 10:06 pm
Ohhh... It's just some thing where SFGAm bought some land and was planning on turning it into an "Entertainment Village". It would have restraunts, hotel, movie theater, Water Park maybe, etc... It's probably not gonna happen... Who knows, maybe it will...
coastrcorey

Postby Timmy179 on February 5th, 2003, 10:13 pm
that would be pretty sweet
Around the world and back
Timmy179
Member Spotlight Guy

Postby greatamerica2003 on February 5th, 2003, 11:26 pm
God this rumor has been around so long. I think with the current economy we'll have to wait awhile.
YOU ARE A FAILURE AT LIFE!
greatamerica2003
amtrak
amtrak

Postby CoasterDave316 on February 20th, 2003, 2:32 pm
Isn't it past the alloted time they had to do this? I thought they had until 2002 or 2003 to start building this? If thats true, I don't think we will ever see a waterpark at SFGAm, or at least not anytime soon.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Postby coasterzak on February 20th, 2003, 5:04 pm
You guys aren't missing much with not having a waterpark. The one at SFWoA is a pain in the neck and I hardly ever go to it. Also, everyone in the park is wet by the end of the day once all the wet people have sat on the coasters. I think you need to be careful what you wish for, unless you are a waterpark fanatic.... or maybe it's just me, they don't appeal to me at all.
coasterzak

Postby Chitown on February 20th, 2003, 7:28 pm
Big difference Coasterzak.SFWOA has their waterpark within the ride park. You can come and go between both as you please.The proposed waterpark for SFGAm wont even be on the main property. It will be a totally separate entity with probably a separate admission price.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby coasterzak on February 20th, 2003, 10:02 pm
Okay, thank you for clearing up that misunderstanding. Are you talking about a deal such as like Cedar Point where the water park is right there, and an extra fee must be paid? Also, do you know of any other Six Flags parks that have the whole "pay one big admission and go to the waterpark also" kind of deal? Thanks. :D
coasterzak

Postby CoasterDave316 on February 20th, 2003, 10:06 pm
If it did happen it would probally be similar to CP's waterpark where you have to pay for both. Except for SFGAm's you would probally have to drive to the otherside of the tollway, unless they made some sort of transportation or tunnel.
Go Bulls!
Dave - SFGAmWorld Webmaster
CoasterDave316
Webmaster/Site Admin

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum