Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 26th, 2016, 10:25 am
Please leave Condor ! I love that ride. Gives you a great view of Superman and the surrounding area and it was super fun at FF with the fog and loud condor noises.

As for King Chaos, that thing can go anytime. Especially with Joker coming, I don't see the point to keeping KC around.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 26th, 2016, 11:04 am
I'd honestly replace Condor with a Sky Screamer. It does everything condor does, but better. Taller, faster, less obstructive, farther views, a bit more intense, just to name a few reasons.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Jodon on September 26th, 2016, 11:36 am
^ I'd normally agree with you, but after going to SFGAm with my significant other this past weekend, she really enjoyed Condor because it was a nice gentle ride that offered some good views and she felt relatively safe being enclosed in the cars.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't have a Sky Screamer, but Condor does serve a purpose and not every ride needs to be the most intense/tallest/fastest.
Jodon

Postby Viper 88 on September 26th, 2016, 11:45 am
^Thank you...though, I will disagree with you, we shouldn't have a SS.
Viper 88

Postby stergmi on September 26th, 2016, 11:58 am
Viper 88 wrote:^Thank you...though, I will disagree with you, we shouldn't have a SS.

I'm all for a Giant Discovery to replace King Chaos. A star screamer to replace the revolution and a Larson Loop to go somewhere in Mardi Gras

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby Wisco Woody on September 26th, 2016, 1:41 pm
If they installed a giant Discovery AND kept Revolution, I would make the 90 minute drive to the park every week. 2 completely different experiences, and the popularity of a well themed giant Discovery would give the park a great thrill ride and an opening to remove Demon and/or Whizzer for future additions.
Wisco Woody

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 26th, 2016, 1:53 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I'd honestly replace Condor with a Sky Screamer. It does everything condor does, but better. Taller, faster, less obstructive, farther views, a bit more intense, just to name a few reasons.

I'd love a Sky Screamer at our park! But bring down STT to build it and leave Condor in place.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on September 26th, 2016, 3:41 pm
I'd say the best place for a Sky Screamer would be in Sky Trail's spot. It's in County Fair (Generic Park Area) so they could call it "The Great American Skyscreamer," though I guess the name would work better in Carousel Plaza. They could also use Sky Trails spot for a Larson Flying Scooters (I hope they add more of these) called Fairground Flyers. They could paint it red and white to resemble a circus tent and give it carnival theming, maybe add some mid-way games near it
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 27th, 2016, 12:04 pm
RollingCoasting, I'm thinking you have a future in theme park operations! You come up with some very good ride names.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Wisco Woody on September 27th, 2016, 2:53 pm
Someone could in the future purchase the SBNO Ring Racer, a 0-100 mph in 2 seconds launch coaster by S&S, similar to Dodonpa in Japan. As part of an initiative to refurbish their older coasters, S&S will be retracking Dodonpa and likely adding a couple elements to it next year.

If Six Flags could purchase Ring Racer, S&S could install it here at GAm as a counter to the 2020/2021 additions at CP and KI, and finally give the park an answer to Kingda Ka, TTD, and Superman the Escape. It could replace either the flumes and rapids, or could replace AE, and S&S could then make similar modifications to it's layout that it is doing with Dodonpa.

https://rcdb.com/4161.htm
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on September 27th, 2016, 3:08 pm
I don't see it happening, but anythings possible (And this is the Wish List thread) I'd personally love to see a coaster like Ring Racer at the park

Also, thanks Steve!
RollingCoasting

Postby Mean Streaker on September 27th, 2016, 5:39 pm
Isn't Ring Racer SBNO because it failed horribly?
Mean Streaker

Postby Mean Streaker on September 27th, 2016, 5:40 pm
Double post

I remember when Ring Racer was supposed to be the fastest coaster in the world lol
Mean Streaker

Postby ilrider on September 27th, 2016, 6:30 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:Someone could in the future purchase the SBNO Ring Racer, a 0-100 mph in 2 seconds launch coaster by S&S, similar to Dodonpa in Japan. As part of an initiative to refurbish their older coasters, S&S will be retracking Dodonpa and likely adding a couple elements to it next year.

If Six Flags could purchase Ring Racer, S&S could install it here at GAm as a counter to the 2020/2021 additions at CP and KI, and finally give the park an answer to Kingda Ka, TTD, and Superman the Escape. It could replace either the flumes and rapids, or could replace AE, and S&S could then make similar modifications to it's layout that it is doing with Dodonpa.

https://rcdb.com/4161.htm

Ring Racer never ran even close to its intended speed due to the many problems it suffered. The ride was a complete failure and injured people when a tank exploded before it opened.

It also is a terribly boring layout, flying flat through a building the entire second half of the ride. Even with some reprofiling, it just does not interest me at all.

Why not just build a new, custom coaster for the park?
ilrider

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 27th, 2016, 7:52 pm
^Yeah, that.

If you really want a good SBNO/In-Storage launched coaster, look at Speed the Ride. It's a Premier LIM Launch(like what Mr. Freeze is), and has been sitting in Storage since 2011. Even if we did get that one, it's still not the best coaster out there. What is the best you ask? The one in the designer's head.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Wisco Woody on September 27th, 2016, 8:06 pm
In my opinion, the biggest hole in the park's ride offering is an actual high speed ride, as in 90+ mph. Six Flags doesn't seem too keen on building coasters faster than 75 mph anymore, and they never bothered to send one of them our way when they were building them. Relocating Ring Racer or building an equivalent cheap 90+ mph launch coaster is the only way we are going to get one any time before 2026 or so, since Six Flags has never seemed interested in building an actual giga coaster or another Intamin launcher. Admittedly King's Island also has this hole in their line up, but they will likely receive such a coaster in 2020 or 2021, and they are only 3.5 hours away from CP with MF and TTD.
Last edited by Wisco Woody on September 27th, 2016, 8:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wisco Woody

Postby maxwellt on September 27th, 2016, 8:08 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:^Yeah, that.

If you really want a good SBNO/In-Storage launched coaster, look at Speed the Ride. It's a Premier LIM Launch(like what Mr. Freeze is), and has been sitting in Storage since 2011. Even if we did get that one, it's still not the best coaster out there. What is the best you ask? The one in the designer's head.

We could give it a tidal wave theme! (because it has a loop and is a shuttle coaster)
maxwellt

Postby maxwellt on September 27th, 2016, 8:11 pm
Double post but I would love to see a 100mph coaster. It would fill a big gap we don't got. Built by either mack, s&s or even premier

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby momlovescoasters on September 27th, 2016, 8:30 pm
I would also love a high speed coaster. I think our park is already diverse but this would add something totally different. I know I'm in the minority as a coaster lover but I hate huge drops. Raging Bull and Goliath scare the crap out of me. I've done them, but definitely not something I do every trip. I loved Cheetah Hunt at Busch Gardens Tampa. I know we don't have the room for something that long but I'd take anything like that!
momlovescoasters

Postby RollingCoasting on September 27th, 2016, 8:35 pm
I'd personally rather receive an I305-like Intamin Giga than one of the accelerators

We definitely need a coaster with:

-Taller than 202 feet
-Faster than 73 MPH
-Longer than Raging Bull
-Ejector Airtime
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on September 27th, 2016, 8:35 pm
I'd personally rather receive an I305-like Intamin Giga than one of the accelerators

We definitely need a coaster:

-Taller than 202 feet
-Faster than 73 MPH
-Longer than Raging Bull
-That has Ejector Airtime
RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on September 27th, 2016, 8:41 pm
*Faster than 90 mph. An actual high speed coaster, just adding another coaster in the 70s or 80s range would be pointless. We need a 90+ first and foremost, and whatever form that takes I'm fine with at this point, but obviously a 93 to 95 mph giga coaster would be preferable. And if you are scared of the drops on Goliath and lame Raging Trimbrake Bulls**t, then I take it you've never ridden Top Thrill Dragster or Millennium Force. The GP loves true high speed coasters just as much if not more so than enthusiasts, so it is worth the investment.
Wisco Woody

Postby JaminOut on September 27th, 2016, 9:57 pm
^You don't have to be a jerk... Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Viper 88 on September 27th, 2016, 11:05 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I'd honestly replace Condor with a Sky Screamer. It does everything condor does, but better. Taller, faster, less obstructive, farther views, a bit more intense, just to name a few reasons.

I'd love a Sky Screamer at our park! But bring down STT to build it and leave Condor in place.

Thanks, but no thanks leave STT alone we have lost enough Marriott era rides. We have other places to put it.
Viper 88

Postby stergmi on September 27th, 2016, 11:06 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:*Faster than 90 mph. An actual high speed coaster, just adding another coaster in the 70s or 80s range would be pointless. We need a 90+ first and foremost, and whatever form that takes I'm fine with at this point, but obviously a 93 to 95 mph giga coaster would be preferable. And if you are scared of the drops on Goliath and lame Raging Trimbrake Bulls**t, then I take it you've never ridden Top Thrill Dragster or Millennium Force. The GP loves true high speed coasters just as much if not more so than enthusiasts, so it is worth the investment.

Do you hate all B&M hypers for their trims or just the Bull?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum