Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby RollingCoasting on September 20th, 2016, 1:41 am
Goliath has it's downsides, but still

Goliath > Valravn

Raging Bull > Goliath
RollingCoasting

Postby RollingCoasting on September 20th, 2016, 2:34 am
Sorry for the double post, but one thing near the near the top of my wishlist is for Chance Morgan to rebuild Shockwave. No, I'm not talking about a Mega-Lite conversion, I mean making a modern-day replica of it in it's old spot (Only downside is that it would be at the expense of S:UF :cry:)

I always love seeing pictures of Shockwave dominating the front of the park from pretty much anywhere, and I'd love if it came back (With Lap-Bar Trains). I've actually heard from some (Critical) enthusiasts that it was the only fun coaster we ever had, even after Goliath. (I personally don't believe that, though)
RollingCoasting

Postby maxwellt on September 20th, 2016, 6:53 am
One thing I'd love to see is a gtx at the park, in the dark knights spot called shockwaves revenge. It would be great, and we could have it be a custom layout, 125 ft, make it compact, intense and full of airtime. And the best thing is that the height limit could be 48" so kids could ride it

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 20th, 2016, 7:50 am
I think a GTX in Demon's spot would be nice after its reign.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 511
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 20th, 2016, 9:54 am
You sure? The Zero-G Stall is regarded as one of the best elements in the world. Upside down airtime(NOT Hangtime) isn't always available. Not everyone feels it, but there are a few 'surprise' bits of air(i.e. on the exit of the first overbank, exit of last overbank, top of dive loop, etc.).

Sorry, I just really like Goliath. :p

Yes I am sure :)

I hadn't heard that about Zero G stall being one of the best elements. Where is best place to sit to feel the airtime in the zero g stall? I pretty much only sit in the last couple of rows to get all of that first drop (because that's half of the ride's appeal for me)

X Flight > Goliath
Valravn > Goliath (judging by looks only since I've never ridden Valravn).

But I am definitely a B&M guy so my opinion is slightly biased :)

I love the first drop on Goliath and the LONE airtime hill. I could take or leave the 2 "inversions". I honestly wish Goliath was more like El Toro to be honest. I have to say I think Alan Schilke tried to be "cute" with the inversions so they could advertise it as a wooden coaster with inversions.

Also not to complain but exiting the zero g stall is a bit rough. (wanted to point that out since people keep harping about how rough Eagle is) . Not trying to be argumentative but just stating my opinion :)
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on September 20th, 2016, 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Wisco Woody on September 20th, 2016, 11:16 am
It's not rough you dope. You just proved you are an overly soft person who has been weakened by overly smooth B&Ms. Goliath is in no way rough, what you feel when exiting the zero g stall is high lateral g force that slams you into the side of the car and it's unavoidable in the back car. Goliath may be relatively short, but it is by far the most intense and thrilling coaster in the park and still even one of the 2 or 3 most intense RMCs, as you experience each of high positive Gs, high negative Gs(ejector air), and high lateral Gs, plus the stall inversions and the wicked drop and 72 mph. Raging Bull is such a slow paced and boring ride compared to Batman and especially Goliath.
Wisco Woody

Postby Mean Streaker on September 20th, 2016, 12:20 pm
Goliath in the back row is the most intense coaster ride I've ever taken, just slightly edging out Maverick in the second row. I think Goliath is more intense than Top Thrill Dragster, in a good way of course.
Mean Streaker

Postby Wisco Woody on September 20th, 2016, 12:30 pm
Back in July I had a night ride on Maverick in the back row on the gunmetal train, and all lights were turned off, HOLY GOD! 3 days later on the way back from KI, I also had the typical night ride on Goliath in the back row.

While Maverick is better because it is longer and more varied, Goliath is more intense due to the lack of OTSR and upper body support when the laterals in the zero g stall and double twist overbank slam you from side to side. The thighcrush airtime on Goliath is also nearly unmatched, though I have not yet ridden Skyrush at Hershey.
Wisco Woody

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 20th, 2016, 1:41 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:It's not rough you dope. You just proved you are an overly soft person who has been weakened by overly smooth B&Ms. Goliath is in no way rough, what you feel when exiting the zero g stall is high lateral g force that slams you into the side of the car and it's unavoidable in the back car. Goliath may be relatively short, but it is by far the most intense and thrilling coaster in the park and still even one of the 2 or 3 most intense RMCs, as you experience each of high positive Gs, high negative Gs(ejector air), and high lateral Gs, plus the stall inversions and the wicked drop and 72 mph. Raging Bull is such a slow paced and boring ride compared to Batman and especially Goliath.

Reposting what I put on the "Most Expendable Coaster" for benefit of Woody.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally, I don't find Demon to be rough at all. I just don't feel ANYTHING on that first drop! It's about the same height as the "photo op" drop on RB!! The corkscrews don't bother me and neither do the 2 loops. The only "rough" spot is when the train "bounces" for a second on the lift hill and even that's not bad. My complaint about Demon is that the VR turned a walk on (read that as some quick rides to pad the stats) into a long wait.

Oh, and I'm 45 and rides don't bother me at all either! Neither coasters or spinning rides.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dude, I am not soft! That's funny. I don't mind the roughness of any ride (see my above post that I copied over here for you). Many folks are complaining about Eagle and Demon and Batman being rough. None of those bother me. The point was that coming out of that zero G stall on Goliath could be considered "rough" ( "jerky" might be a better description) by the average person. As for my comment about being a B&M guy I meant that they are probably my fave maker and I think they make the best rides (good thing bbd is gone because he'd pull up "stats" and "data" proving me wrong). If I had to choose one company to build a ride, it would be B&M. Enjoying their rides <> being "soft" :)

So I do like Goliath . I just think it's too short and needs several more airtime hills (like El Toro)
Also, I just think the inversions are misplaced and they were just thrown in for "marketing" purposes. They really dont' "belong" on the ride. The pretzel loop on Superman, the 5 inversions on Batman and the 5 inversions on X Flight are better than the 2 "inversions" on Goliath. Just my opinion. Sorry to have riled you up about your obviously fave ride. We'll just have to disagree about Goliath.
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on September 20th, 2016, 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on September 20th, 2016, 3:44 pm
I'm not trying to start an argument, but I don't get why people insist that Goliath is packed with ejector airtime. The only ejector moments are the drop in back row(s), and supposedly the airtime hill in the front row(s) (I have never ridden in the front so I don't know). Also, I think it's fair to say that Batman is more intense that Goliath :P
RollingCoasting

Postby Wisco Woody on September 20th, 2016, 3:56 pm
All right, I just wanted to make sure you knew the difference between roughness and intensity, so I apologize for calling you soft. It's true that most people don't enjoy being slammed from side to side into metal and might consider that to be "rough", but we know the difference between a rough ride due to the wheels and track, and an intense ride due to g force and intensity. Goliath's stall inversions may seem out of place at first, but they give the GP a relief from relentless g forces and lets them catch their breath, plus twisting into and out of the zero g stall and double twist provides intense laterals and rapid shifts in g force that allow the GP to feel actual floater airtime during those elements. I personally prefer inversions to be forceful and intense, which is why I prefer Batman and Raptor over X-Flight and Gatekeeper, but most of the GP prefers inversions to be slower and provide airtime or hangtime.
Wisco Woody

Postby Wisco Woody on September 20th, 2016, 4:07 pm
Rollingcoasting, are you trying to tell me that you don't feel ejector airtime in the back row over the airtime hill before the dive loop? Because if you didn't, you either blacked out every time from the overbank and strong pullout, or you've never ridden the coaster. In every seat, you get ejector air on the airtime hill and final airtime hump into the brakes, and in the back car you also get ejector air over the drop and twisting out of the double twist. I love Batman, it's my favorite steel coaster there due to intensity, but Goliath brings not only more speed and just as much positive/lateral Gs in short doses , but also provides more variety and ejector air.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on September 20th, 2016, 4:13 pm
I don't. Not lying, either. I've ridden it dozens of times since 2014 and the airtime hill does nothing for me. I'm always expecting ejector airtime but come off the hill slightly disappointed. Same with the brake run, I laughed when Cam told me he feels ejector airtime coming into it. I've never blacked out on a coaster, so yeah. Even though you go through Goliath's faster, I prefer Viper's airtime hills
RollingCoasting

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 20th, 2016, 7:15 pm
Alright, let's just get back on topic.

I'd love a GT-X at our park. Lightning Run is currently my #10, so one here would be amazing. The 3 places I could see them are in TDK's spot, Demon's spot, or the space behind Whizzer. If it's in TDK's spot, it can be themed to some other D.C. character, or(which I prefer), a "sequel" to Shockwave. It can either have the same name, but with the new ride(i.e. Bat at KI), be Shockwave 2.0 or something like that, or Aftershock(or whatever follows a Shockwave). It can also include a more open area with some flats.

Next spot could be Demon's spot after it bites the dust(hopefully no time soon). I'd honestly see the ride have its lift hill where demon's brake run is, and have it drop into the area the corkscrews are now, followed by a twister section in the same area. It'd slowly make it's way back around, with the finale going over/around whatever is put in Sky Trail's spot.

Finally is the space behind Whizzer. It is a LOT bigger than what one might expect. You can especially see how big it is from the Viper/Harbor entrance paths. If they remove HTFM, they can fit a station, plaza, and queue. If Pictorium gets removed, even better! More room to play!

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby maxwellt on September 20th, 2016, 7:32 pm
I'd love to see it in the front of the park, and possibly dominate the front of the park. It would be really cool, and I feel that in the spot of the pictorium would be amazing, the gtx could have a custom layout, keeping it compact and loaded with airtime, and could become one of the best in the park

maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on September 20th, 2016, 8:14 pm
Not sure I like the ideas about other rides be named Shockwave. It'd only seem appropriate if a clone of the original Shockwave was added. Just my input :P

Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Next spot could be Demon's spot after it bites the dust(hopefully soon)
Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Fixed that for ya' Cam 8)
RollingCoasting

Postby staticshadows on September 20th, 2016, 8:18 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 20th, 2016, 10:35 pm
I think Demons spot would be best once it's gone. Honestly Demons spot is pretty valuable once it's removed. I think a GTX in that spot would be great.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby stergmi on September 21st, 2016, 5:30 am
RollingCoasting wrote:Sorry for the double post, but one thing near the near the top of my wishlist is for Chance Morgan to rebuild Shockwave. No, I'm not talking about a Mega-Lite conversion, I mean making a modern-day replica of it in it's old spot (Only downside is that it would be at the expense of S:UF :cry:)

I always love seeing pictures of Shockwave dominating the front of the park from pretty much anywhere, and I'd love if it came back (With Lap-Bar Trains). I've actually heard from some (Critical) enthusiasts that it was the only fun coaster we ever had, even after Goliath. (I personally don't believe that, though)

Are you my soul mate?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 21st, 2016, 11:08 am
I'm totally fine with a new GT-X replacing Demon if it has some inversions and a low height requirement like Demon. A non-DC name would be nice. Maybe something like the Windy City Whirlwind ??

CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 21st, 2016, 11:10 am
Wisco Woody wrote:All right, I just wanted to make sure you knew the difference between roughness and intensity, so I apologize for calling you soft. It's true that most people don't enjoy being slammed from side to side into metal and might consider that to be "rough", but we know the difference between a rough ride due to the wheels and track, and an intense ride due to g force and intensity. Goliath's stall inversions may seem out of place at first, but they give the GP a relief from relentless g forces and lets them catch their breath, plus twisting into and out of the zero g stall and double twist provides intense laterals and rapid shifts in g force that allow the GP to feel actual floater airtime during those elements. I personally prefer inversions to be forceful and intense, which is why I prefer Batman and Raptor over X-Flight and Gatekeeper, but most of the GP prefers inversions to be slower and provide airtime or hangtime.

It's all good! Thanks for giving me an alternate view of Goliath and explaining it in more detail. I am going to appreciate it and enjoy it more now when I take all this into account.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby RollingCoasting on September 25th, 2016, 7:21 pm
Here's an idea I came up with:

What if we got a new kids area where the Go-Karts are called "Kiddieland". It could receive rides from the original Kiddieland, it could get a replica of the sign, they can re-build the Kiddieland Limited, etc. It'd be perfect next to Little Dipper, and would be nostalgic for many people.
RollingCoasting

Postby maxwellt on September 25th, 2016, 8:40 pm
I actually kinda like that idea, but its probably never gonna happen, my guess is some of kiddielands rides aren't being made anymore or were complete sketch

maxwellt

Postby staticshadows on September 25th, 2016, 8:59 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Coaster Justin on September 25th, 2016, 9:26 pm
How about a Discovery replacing King Chaos and getting a Zamperla Endeavor to replace Revolution?

maxwellt wrote:I actually kinda like that idea, but its probably never gonna happen, my guess is some of kiddielands rides aren't being made anymore or were complete sketch

Bummer I loved that polyp.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum