Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wish List

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby bbd on September 15th, 2016, 3:32 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:in my opinion it would be far more interesting to see Demon remodeled into a Chance GT-X. The goal would be for it to be the steel airtime machine that the park needs, and for it to have only a lap bar like Lightning Run. Thus they would replace the loops with the airtime hills on the original Turn of the Century, and not go too much faster through the corkscrews or just replace the corkscrews with airtime hills or the ski-slalom turns on LR at KK. Alternatively, the Demon could be removed entirely and a Chance GT-X built ground up in its place for only 7 or 8 million $.

The low cost of a new GT-X makes a replacement wiser in my opinion, than spending on the remodel of Demon. Ground up new you know your getting a nice, cost conscious coaster. Remodels of steels can be hit or miss. Also. remodel of Demon with chances mentioned is a lot of custom work with tracks, engineering design, etc..which can cost quite a bit. A new GT-X *7M) is stock, plug and go install. A new coaster might only be 3 or 4 so million more than refurbishing a 40 year old coaster.
bbd

Postby staticshadows on September 17th, 2016, 1:10 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Wisco Woody on September 17th, 2016, 3:33 pm
I feel like if they do add another big B&M twister like Bizarro or another 7+ inversion megalooper, a great idea in my opinion, they would put it near Riptide Bay where they were planning on putting the similar sized Chang/Green Lantern. Of course to do that they would have to remove Pictorium theater and most likely Whizzer as well. That small lake is prime real estate, and whatever they replace the flumes with will probably be custom designed to interact with the water.
Wisco Woody

Postby RollingCoasting on September 17th, 2016, 8:44 pm
Bizzaro's probably near the bottom of my list of floorless coasters I'd want to get. I'm not saying it's a bad coaster (I haven't even ridden it) but there seems to be better floorless coasters out there. My favorite one is probably the one from CD5's RCT3 park lol. But if I had to choose one, I'd pick Superman from Parque de Warner (Which won't happen, obviously). I'd rather see another type of B&M first
RollingCoasting

Postby maxwellt on September 17th, 2016, 10:06 pm
I mean, what if scream got replaced with a b&m dive machine (lol just some coincidence) and they sent scream here, called it bizarro (you're welcome lol)

Sent from my SM-G920R6 using Tapatalk
maxwellt

Postby RollingCoasting on September 17th, 2016, 10:17 pm
That'd be pretty damn awesome (For some reason I like Scream! much more than Bizzaro even though they are practically mirror images), though I don't think it needs a DC Theme. Once in a while it's fine, but we don't need a 5th DC Themed coaster (in my opinion). Scream! would look pretty sick with Apocalyse's (SFA) colors and theming. Though I'd personally choose Riddler's Revenge if I had to pick one of their B&M's to bring here :p
RollingCoasting

Postby staticshadows on September 17th, 2016, 10:29 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby maxwellt on September 17th, 2016, 10:34 pm
I love the full throttle idea, blue track and gray supports would look awesome. Or galeforce 7

maxwellt

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 17th, 2016, 11:45 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:To get back to the wish list, who else would like to see more Chance GT-X coasters like Lightning Run at Kentucky Kingdom? I rode it in July and for me it is my 2ND favorite 100 ft tall coaster after Maverick. The Demon really would work perfectly for a Chance retrofitting, or it could be removed entirely and the awesome steel airtime machine built in its place for 7 or 8 million $.

I really like this. Have not ridden Lightning Run but all I've heard is that everybody is obsessed with it and I can understand why after watching the POV. why haven't more of these been installed..?
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RollingCoasting on September 18th, 2016, 12:13 am
If we ever got a GTX (Or any Mega-Lite for that matter) I'd hope it be atleast twice as long as Lightning Run. Our park should get the award for shortest coasters
RollingCoasting

Postby stergmi on September 18th, 2016, 6:52 am
maxwellt wrote:I mean, what if scream got replaced with a b&m dive machine (lol just some coincidence) and they sent scream here, called it bizarro (you're welcome lol)

Rumor has it Viper is going to come down for the possible dive machine.

RIP Arrow
stergmi

Postby maxwellt on September 18th, 2016, 8:21 am
What really? Viper!?! I'm not gonna doubt u, but what r ur sources? And I'd rather not see a dive machine, rather a gtx, premier launch or even an iron horse to viper

maxwellt

Postby maxwellt on September 18th, 2016, 8:33 am
Double post but I feel that a dive machine is gonna be as much of a cookie cutter as a freefly coaster. It'll have one of the best drops in the park, but other than that, its meh, but gp loves it, and I can see sfgam working with the gp for a few years, until they get their overseas parks operating

maxwellt

Postby stergmi on September 18th, 2016, 8:41 am
maxwellt wrote:What really? Viper!?! I'm not gonna doubt u, but what r ur sources? And I'd rather not see a dive machine, rather a gtx, premier launch or even an iron horse to viper

No no no, not our Viper. Magic Mountain's Viper, the Arrow megalooper Shockwave-ish clone. It was submitted to Screamscape (take with a grain of salt) and seems to hold some water just because Viper sits on a hillside so the that could be used with the ride layout. Though other rumors state that B&M didn't work with Holiday World sooner because Koch wanted rides that utilized the terrain and B&M said they don't do that.

Either way, Viper is an Arrow looper and we know none of those are much longer for this world. Even Nessie.

Source: http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... untain.htm
stergmi

Postby maxwellt on September 18th, 2016, 8:43 am
Oh geez lol. Sorry for the confusion. Guess scream isn't getting removed an time soon

maxwellt

Postby stergmi on September 18th, 2016, 8:47 am
maxwellt wrote:Oh geez lol. Sorry for the confusion. Guess scream isn't getting removed an time soon

Maybe if Jim Carrey the Ride gets relocated with a floorless conversion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby Wisco Woody on September 18th, 2016, 9:37 am
I think it would be fantastic if they converted Riddler's Revenge and Green Lantern into dive coasters by just redoing the first drop and post lift high point sections and widening the station. They wouldn't be the tallest or fastest dive coasters, but they would become the longest, most intense, and probably the best. They could use floorless trains, or they could create the world's first stand up dive coaster. SFGAm stand up dive coaster confirmed for 2018!
Wisco Woody

Postby Mean Streaker on September 18th, 2016, 10:20 am
Magic Mountain should get a B&M giga.
Mean Streaker

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on September 18th, 2016, 10:52 am
I actually didn't mind Viper at SFMM. I did ride it when I had around 30 coaster credits, but I had a good ride on it.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby RollingCoasting on September 18th, 2016, 4:48 pm
Wisco Woody wrote:SFGAm stand up dive coaster confirmed for 2018!

Take away the dive part and you've got me on board! :D
RollingCoasting

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 19th, 2016, 10:34 am
maxwellt wrote:Double post but I feel that a dive machine is gonna be as much of a cookie cutter as a freefly coaster. It'll have one of the best drops in the park, but other than that, its meh, but gp loves it, and I can see sfgam working with the gp for a few years, until they get their overseas parks operating

This is exactly how I feel about Goliath: one of the best drops in the park but after that not too much (Besides that LONE airtime hill)
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Mean Streaker on September 19th, 2016, 11:50 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
maxwellt wrote:Double post but I feel that a dive machine is gonna be as much of a cookie cutter as a freefly coaster. It'll have one of the best drops in the park, but other than that, its meh, but gp loves it, and I can see sfgam working with the gp for a few years, until they get their overseas parks operating

This is exactly how I feel about Goliath: one of the best drops in the park but after that not too much (Besides that LONE airtime hill)

You both have perfectly describe Valravn.
Mean Streaker

Postby Coaster Justin on September 19th, 2016, 11:01 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

You both have perfectly describe Valravn.

I guess when I went this year it didn't have the lone airtime hill built yet. Prefer much more to Rougarou but Maverick is still my favorite at the park.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 19th, 2016, 11:30 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:

You sure? The Zero-G Stall is regarded as one of the best elements in the world. Upside down airtime(NOT Hangtime) isn't always available. Not everyone feels it, but there are a few 'surprise' bits of air(i.e. on the exit of the first overbank, exit of last overbank, top of dive loop, etc.).

Sorry, I just really like Goliath. :p

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby RollingCoasting on September 20th, 2016, 1:41 am
Goliath has it's downsides, but still

Goliath > Valravn
RollingCoasting

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum