Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Way too early 2020 predictions!

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby gottastrata33 on August 8th, 2019, 5:05 pm
WolfRaging95 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote:Surprised the next teaser isn't out yet. Everyone ready to be more thrown off? Ok Ok I'm talkin about myself here. Lol

I am surprised it is not out yet.

Maybeee they're waiting til about now for more traffic on it. Idk. Or we're not getting one haha
gottastrata33

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 8th, 2019, 5:42 pm
It was just posted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkhttps://www.instagram.com/p/B064m2hBMl7/?igshid=1eyl9cd7teoht
B&MGuy35

Postby gottastrata33 on August 8th, 2019, 5:53 pm
86 & 3 are the appearing numbers again. Another mention to records as well.
gottastrata33

Postby SFGAM_Hog on August 8th, 2019, 6:00 pm
I'm pretty sure Bucky Battle is a red herring, but it could possibly mean something.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby JackGlass on August 8th, 2019, 6:04 pm
I think it will be some sort of record breaking water coaster in that land next to Maxx Force.

I doubt anything will replace Buccaneer Battle next year. I think they threw Buccaneer Battle in there to point to something water related
JackGlass

Postby gottastrata33 on August 8th, 2019, 6:33 pm
A pulsar clone. Our third launch coaster. But no lol cause what record & what is 86?

It really is time for a water park addition so I'm gonna say that AGAIN. but I was So off the last two years sooo
gottastrata33

Postby WolfsterJ on August 8th, 2019, 7:29 pm
We know that SFOT is getting a Pulsar clone already. Six Flags does like to put multiple models of a ride in the same year (Cyberspins, Super Loops, etc.) Could we also get one? Although a water coaster is still the most likely possibility.
WolfsterJ

Postby IssaCoaster on August 8th, 2019, 7:29 pm
86 to me sounds like they are getting rid of something. Or it could mean the height of a new water coaster. The current tallest water coaster in the world is 81 ft tall. Which is Massiv. 86ft tall would beat that by a couple of feet. Which is a pretty realistic height.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
IssaCoaster

Postby RobSFGAm on August 8th, 2019, 7:55 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:86 to me sounds like they are getting rid of something. Or it could mean the height of a new water coaster. The current tallest water coaster in the world is 81 ft tall. Which is Massiv. 86ft tall would beat that by a couple of feet. Which is a pretty realistic height.

Speculation/guesses:
This weeks tickers:
"Only 37 days until Six Flags Great America BIGGEST Freight Fest yet <-- Top speed could be 37 feet a second & Biggest (tallest) water coaster
Cotton Candy thief turns out to be 5 Squirrels <-- five RocketBLAST sections like Cheetah Chase
August 16 is National Roller Coaster Day <-- Water Coaster with a length go 1600 feet?
Last edited by RobSFGAm on August 8th, 2019, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobSFGAm

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 8th, 2019, 7:57 pm
I know it has been talked about for years and it seems like every year we are wrong. Does anybody else think Eagle being painted and never finished is a sign of something to come? Not only that, but it doesn't race anymore (to my knowledge) and I've read some rumors about structural issues with the drop and barrel. I don't know how true any of that is, but it has me thinking. Me personally, I think we are getting a flat ride of some sort.
WolfRaging95

Postby IssaCoaster on August 8th, 2019, 8:00 pm
WolfRaging95 wrote:I know it has been talked about for years and it seems like every year we are wrong. Does anybody else think Eagle being painted and never finished is a sign of something to come? Not only that, but it doesn't race anymore (to my knowledge) and I've read some rumors about structural issues with the drop and barrel. I don't know how true any of that is, but it has me thinking. Me personally, I think we are getting a flat ride of some sort.
There is an RMC Eagle thread already bro. We think it will be RMC'd. Even though we would rather them get it retracked by GCI.

IssaCoaster

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 8th, 2019, 8:19 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
WolfRaging95 wrote:I know it has been talked about for years and it seems like every year we are wrong. Does anybody else think Eagle being painted and never finished is a sign of something to come? Not only that, but it doesn't race anymore (to my knowledge) and I've read some rumors about structural issues with the drop and barrel. I don't know how true any of that is, but it has me thinking. Me personally, I think we are getting a flat ride of some sort.
There is an RMC Eagle thread already bro. We think it will be RMC'd. Even though we would rather them get it retracked by GCI.

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't been on here in a long time. I will find that thread.
WolfRaging95

Postby anewman35 on August 8th, 2019, 8:29 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:

I certainly wouldn't say 'we' think that. I find it highly unlikely, for instance. And it's almost definitely not happening in 2020 because (based on how Six Flags has always handled all their RMC closings) they would have already announced that it was 'closing forever' at some point soon...
anewman35

Postby anewman35 on August 8th, 2019, 8:35 pm
Both videos so far have had a LOT of numbers that must mean something. So just so they're all in one place:

First video:
6 (might just be for Six Flags)

Second video:
anewman35

Postby WolfRaging95 on August 8th, 2019, 9:23 pm
anewman35 wrote:
IssaCoaster wrote:

I certainly wouldn't say 'we' think that. I find it highly unlikely, for instance. And it's almost definitely not happening in 2020 because (based on how Six Flags has always handled all their RMC closings) they would have already announced that it was 'closing forever' at some point soon...

I didn't mean everyone. I should have said something along the lines of most people speculating it each year.
WolfRaging95

Postby gottastrata33 on August 8th, 2019, 11:47 pm
Random but hello WolfRaging95! I love your videos.

So out of allll those toys, the only one that's not an animal is Harley Quinn. Which to me is on purpose cause we know there are hella DC plushies to choose from.
gottastrata33

Postby jmanporty7 on August 9th, 2019, 8:07 am
anewman35 wrote:Both videos so far have had a LOT of numbers that must mean something. So just so they're all in one place:

First video:
6 (might just be for Six Flags)

Second video:

Depending on what the numbers are in next week's teaser, let's view any repeating numbers (3 and 86) as the numbers we should focus on, and all other numbers as red herrings. Also ignore the 6, because like what you said, is likely just for Six Flags. There is no way that all the numbers mean something.
jmanporty7

Postby ChiefBeef234 on August 9th, 2019, 4:11 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:Random but hello WolfRaging95! I love your videos.

So out of allll those toys, the only one that's not an animal is Harley Quinn. Which to me is on purpose cause we know there are hella DC plushies to choose from.
Hmm if it is water park, they don't normally name water park rides to DC characters so if this is a clue it might not be a water park addition. A Harley Quinn themed giant discovery?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
ChiefBeef234

Postby IssaCoaster on August 9th, 2019, 6:25 pm
ChiefBeef234 wrote:

Hmm if it is water park, they don't normally name water park rides to DC characters so if this is a clue it might not be a water park addition. A Harley Quinn themed giant discovery?

Where would they put that though? Maybe they could put it where the revolution is but wouldn't they haved closed that ride down by now? I don't know of anymore places where it could go.

IssaCoaster

Postby JT2002 on August 9th, 2019, 6:43 pm
IssaCoaster wrote:
ChiefBeef234 wrote:

Where would they put that though? Maybe they could put it where the revolution is but wouldn't they haved closed that ride down by now? I don't know of anymore places where it could go.

I would be pretty pissed off (well not that much) if they took out BB to put in a giant discovery. They could do so much with that plot of land, but they would waste it again. And then what would they do with Revy?
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

Postby JackGlass on August 9th, 2019, 7:03 pm
I doubt they would remove Buccaneer Battle for a Giant Discovery.

That land (Including Hometown park and the games) is prime real estate for a coaster. From a GCI to a custom raptor. There are way better options than a larger version of something we already have.
JackGlass

Postby B&MGuy35 on August 9th, 2019, 7:14 pm
I wish people would stop comparing a frisbee to a giant frisbee. They are totally different ride experience and a park is allowed to have 2 different kinds. The giant basically inverts you upside down at the top and sitting outward is a much different sensation then you get on Revy. We can have both.

Although I could see them removing rent simply because of its age and the type of ride it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby BroServant7 on August 9th, 2019, 8:44 pm
Thinking about the numbers, I came to an interesting thought. After I post it you can all tell me why I'm wrong and we'll mostly all agree it's a water coaster, lol. I noticed a couple of things with the numbers in the teasers and some subtle references to things. First of all,the plush toys were won at Fairground games, the squirrels stole the cotton candy so you might say they have sticky fingers (there is a cotton candy shop in County Fair called "Sticky fingers"), and the first video mentioned a funnel cake record (Funnel Cake Foundry is in the same part of County Fair). The first video was shot at the Hometown Square train station; the other station is in the same part of County Fair. Is it "Fair" to say that this is not a coincidence? Then I started looking at the numbers, and the one that stood out to me was 16 in reference to National Coaster day. By the way the park counts coasters, we have 17. Could we be losing a coaster? The only two coasters in that part of County Fair are Goliath and Eagle, right? WRONG! There are THREE coasters because Eagle Red and Eagle Blue are considered two separate coasters. So what if (here we go, get ready to roll your eyes at me) American Eagle really IS getting a n RMC treatment, converting it to one single coaster? Maybe it'll have a record 86 degree drop, 28 seats (23 bags of cotton candy plus 5 squirrels; two trains with 7 cars each), and 3 inversions? Maybe a launched lift like Lightning rod going 37 miles per hour (flying by, blast past you, etc.) I know, it's crazy and there are so many reasons why this isn't happening, but it's just a theory to throw into the mix. Probably going to be a water coaster, lol.
BroServant7

Postby IssaCoaster on August 9th, 2019, 8:47 pm
BroServant7 wrote:Thinking about the numbers, I came to an interesting thought. After I post it you can all tell me why I'm wrong and we'll mostly all agree it's a water coaster, lol. I noticed a couple of things with the numbers in the teasers and some subtle references to things. First of all,the plush toys were won at Fairground games, the squirrels stole the cotton candy so you might say they have sticky fingers (there is a cotton candy shop in County Fair called "Sticky fingers"), and the first video mentioned a funnel cake record (Funnel Cake Foundry is in the same part of County Fair). The first video was shot at the Hometown Square train station; the other station is in the same part of County Fair. Is it "Fair" to say that this is not a coincidence? Then I started looking at the numbers, and the one that stood out to me was 16 in reference to National Coaster day. By the way the park counts coasters, we have 17. Could we be losing a coaster? The only two coasters in that part of County Fair are Goliath and Eagle, right? WRONG! There are THREE coasters because Eagle Red and Eagle Blue are considered two separate coasters. So what if (here we go, get ready to roll your eyes at me) American Eagle really IS getting a n RMC treatment, converting it to one single coaster? Maybe it'll have a record 86 degree drop, 28 seats (23 bags of cotton candy plus 5 squirrels; two trains with 7 cars each), and 3 inversions? Maybe a launched lift like Lightning rod going 37 miles per hour (flying by, blast past you, etc.) I know, it's crazy and there are so many reasons why this isn't happening, but it's just a theory to throw into the mix. Probably going to be a water coaster, lol.
I'm gonna go and say that we already got a coaster this year and this would be for after 2020.

IssaCoaster

Postby JT2002 on August 9th, 2019, 9:30 pm
BroServant7 wrote:Thinking about the numbers, I came to an interesting thought. After I post it you can all tell me why I'm wrong and we'll mostly all agree it's a water coaster, lol. I noticed a couple of things with the numbers in the teasers and some subtle references to things. First of all,the plush toys were won at Fairground games, the squirrels stole the cotton candy so you might say they have sticky fingers (there is a cotton candy shop in County Fair called "Sticky fingers"), and the first video mentioned a funnel cake record (Funnel Cake Foundry is in the same part of County Fair). The first video was shot at the Hometown Square train station; the other station is in the same part of County Fair. Is it "Fair" to say that this is not a coincidence? Then I started looking at the numbers, and the one that stood out to me was 16 in reference to National Coaster day. By the way the park counts coasters, we have 17. Could we be losing a coaster? The only two coasters in that part of County Fair are Goliath and Eagle, right? WRONG! There are THREE coasters because Eagle Red and Eagle Blue are considered two separate coasters. So what if (here we go, get ready to roll your eyes at me) American Eagle really IS getting a n RMC treatment, converting it to one single coaster? Maybe it'll have a record 86 degree drop, 28 seats (23 bags of cotton candy plus 5 squirrels; two trains with 7 cars each), and 3 inversions? Maybe a launched lift like Lightning rod going 37 miles per hour (flying by, blast past you, etc.) I know, it's crazy and there are so many reasons why this isn't happening, but it's just a theory to throw into the mix. Probably going to be a water coaster, lol.

Or we're getting a custom RMC Raptor in BB's spot, and Eagle goes silent for a year (16 coasters). Then it gets RMC'd and we have 3 RMCs!
They say there isn't a spot in the park where rusting metal or peeling paint is at least 15 feet away from you.
JT2002

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum