Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 22nd, 2024, 10:29 pm
Please do NOT take Triple Play out!! Great flat ride that people still enjoy!

As for super loop plot I predicted (on the other thread I believe) a Ferris wheel is coming there!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on May 23rd, 2024, 11:16 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Please do NOT take Triple Play out!! Great flat ride that people still enjoy!

As for super loop plot I predicted (on the other thread I believe) a Ferris wheel is coming there!

Any chance they'd relocate Triple Play to Buccaneer Battle's Spot?
Or Revolutions Spot
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby coasterfanatic on May 23rd, 2024, 11:27 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Please do NOT take Triple Play out!! Great flat ride that people still enjoy!

Or Revolutions Spot
Again, I don’t think there’s any plans for Revys spot anytime soon. They completely asphalted over the area and are installing a new shade structure where Revy use to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

Postby Coaster Justin on May 23rd, 2024, 5:35 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:

Or Revolutions Spot
Again, I don’t think there’s any plans for Revys spot anytime soon. They completely asphalted over the area and are installing a new shade structure where Revy use to be.

Camp Cartoon?

Coaster Justin

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 23rd, 2024, 7:47 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:Camp Cartoon?

I predicted that they could retheme Camp Cartoon to Camp Snoopy with the merger.

Blue_Toad_Coasters from the Six/Cedar Fair Merger forum wrote:First, all the park would need to do for the entrance to to take the old sign down and put on a new sign. No need to replace the arch. Next, the park could choose to retheme the Maw and Paw's Trail Grub place to be themed to Peanuts. While the park could simply replace the sign, I would prefer if the park completely tore the place down and rebuilt it to look like Snoopy Treats at Kings Island. They could use a pre-existing name at CF's parks like Snoopy Treats or Snoopy Snacks or come up with something totally new like "Peppermint's Patties" or "Charlie Brown's Cuisine." As for the land itself, just re-theme Crazy Bus to Flying Ace like at CGA or Camp Bus. Same goes for Yahoo River, re-theme it. I despise Sprocket Rockets so I think it would be cool if the park got rid of that and replaced it with Woodstock Express from CGA. It would be really neat and a WAY better family coaster. The park might have to tear down the Auditorium behind the land to make it fit. As for new rides, I would love to see a Linus Launcher clone and a Sally's Swing Set ride. Simply get rid of any remaining WB references in that area and you've got yourself a brand-new land!

Also, call my bonkers, but when the RMC Wild Moose was first announced, I predicted that it could move into Buccaneer Battle's spot. Looking back, I think it's unbelievably stupid, but here's the description for the ride that I whipped up a while back if you want to read it:

MOOSE MOUNTAIN

New for 2025, this kiddie coaster is the first of-it's-kind! This coaster is an evolution of the classic Wild Mouse Coaster so it packs a punch on a compact coaster. Plus, it's a perfect gateway to Goliath, a coaster that was created by Rocky Mountain Construction, just like this one.

Decades ago, loggers from the Moose Mountain Logging Company from Yukon Territory* advertised their services at The Great Midwest Livestock Expedition and County Fair with their one-of-a-kind "Wild Moose Coaster," as they called it. The campaign was a huge success and every year since, the company has returned with their famous coaster to promote their brand.

Due to the twists on this coaster, the trains are an innovative design that allows it to traverse the track easily. Being an evolution of the Wild Mouse Coaster, this ride has lots of deep dips and tight turns which makes it a family coaster that can be enjoyed by all!

With a 47 foot lift hill and a top speed of 35 mph, this is the largest and fastest family coaster in the history of Six Flags: Great America. This ride is also right next to the other wooden kiddie coaster in the park, Little Dipper so the two (sort-of) wooden coasters can coincide in peace. Moose Mountain's superior speed might even cause your little ones to want to ride Moose Mountain after the Little Dipper!

By the Numbers:

Top Speed: 35 MPH
Elevation: 47 Feet
Length: 1,260 Feet
Duration: ?? Minutes and ?? Seconds
Introduced: 2025
Manufacturer: Rocky Mountain Construction

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot this:
*I know that the different time periods of Yukon Territory and County Fair mostly likely don't add up, but it's just for fun.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby CoasterRiderSC on May 23rd, 2024, 9:57 pm
That's pretty clever! You made all that up?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on May 27th, 2024, 8:19 am
In My Opinion, I think Wild Moose might be too similar to Dark Knight and Little Dipper

I could see a Wild Moose going to a Six Flags park in Oklahoma but that's my wish

Coaster Justin

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 27th, 2024, 6:13 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:In My Opinion, I think Wild Moose might be too similar to Dark Knight and Little Dipper

I could see a Wild Moose going to a Six Flags park in Oklahoma but that's my wish

I didn't think about Dark Knight but then again, SF could take Dark Knight out and replace it with the WMC (Wild Moose Coaster) since RMC's website says that they can put it into pre-existing Wild Mouse plots. Also, when you are referring to the SF in Oklahoma, are you referring to Frontier City?
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby Coaster Justin on May 29th, 2024, 2:20 pm
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:In My Opinion, I think Wild Moose might be too similar to Dark Knight and Little Dipper

I didn't think about Dark Knight but then again, SF could take Dark Knight out and replace it with the WMC (Wild Moose Coaster) since RMC's website says that they can put it into pre-existing Wild Mouse plots. Also, when you are referring to the SF in Oklahoma, are you referring to Frontier City?

Yup, And I think Nightmare Mine's Building location could fit a Wild Moose

Coaster Justin

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on May 29th, 2024, 9:52 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:

Yup, And I think Nightmare Mine's Building location could fit a Wild Moose

An indoor prototype ride? Now THAT (I'm pretty sure) would be a first. (Unless the Flight of Fears did it first.)
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby Coaster Justin on May 30th, 2024, 5:06 am
^

I was thinking they'd demolish the building cause it held a Galaxy style coaster

Coaster Justin

Postby gottastrata33 on June 2nd, 2024, 7:45 pm
What's goin on with the drop slides in HH?!
gottastrata33

Postby coasterfanatic on June 2nd, 2024, 7:50 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:What's goin on with the drop slides in HH?!
I don’t think they will ever reopen. I think they had some issues around other parks and have been shut down indefinitely

coasterfanatic

Postby Coaster Justin on June 3rd, 2024, 6:51 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
I don’t think they will ever reopen. I think they had some issues around other parks and have been shut down indefinitely

So either replace it with a kids play area or the new entrance?

Coaster Justin

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on June 4th, 2024, 2:46 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:

So either replace it with a kids play area or the new entrance?

I thought that from Sky Trek Tower, I saw that a clear plastic roof has been put over half of the slides.

I would personally like if the slides were replaced with clones of the layout from WhiteWater West, an AquaLoop from WhiteWater West, or a TornadoWAVE from ProSlide.

On a side note, I would absolutely love a conveyor belt to be added to Tornado over anything else being added to Hurricane Harbor and a Master Blaster from WhiteWater West to be added to Hurricane Harbor Rockford.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

Postby coasterfanatic on June 4th, 2024, 5:59 pm

Not compete but new Eagle queue.

coasterfanatic

Postby Goku1910 on June 4th, 2024, 6:11 pm
Anything on Striker? I assume the queue isn't set up?
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 5th, 2024, 8:43 am
coasterfanatic wrote:Image

Not compete but new Eagle queue.

That lame sign lends credibility to my prediction that Eagle (in present form) is going to be torn down and a new ride will take its place: Iron Eagle: Soaring to New Heights !! B&M Giga with 300 foot lift and drop , themed to Red, White and Blue colors.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on June 5th, 2024, 8:46 am
Nope, park president spoke and said there are not plans for RMC or demolishing it.

This sign is "fine". It's better than the shack and tiny sign we had before.
Goku1910

Postby coasterfanatic on June 5th, 2024, 9:50 am
Goku1910 wrote:Nope, park president spoke and said there are not plans for RMC or demolishing it.

Yes. Eagle isn’t going anywhere. It would get RMCd before being demolished. I’m not sure if the law about them not being able to build something that close to Washington Street is still a thing. Great America takes care of its woodies and they just finally fixed the lights on the helix too.

coasterfanatic

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 5th, 2024, 9:52 am
coasterfanatic wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:Nope, park president spoke and said there are not plans for RMC or demolishing it.

Yes. Eagle isn’t going anywhere. It would get RMCd before being demolished. I’m not sure if the law about them not being able to build something that close to Washington Street is still a thing. Great America takes care of its woodies and they just finally fixed the lights on the helix too.

Why continue to have a RACING wooden coaster that can't race? It's looking pretty bad with all the paint falling of the ride's supports. Six Flags has like 3 wooden that have already gotten RMCed . But as everyone always points out, we have Goliath. I'm thinking with the merger of Cedar Fair (who has many B&M gigas in their portfolio) we "could" see the Iron Eagle giga ride!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on June 5th, 2024, 1:39 pm
Well the President did say the end goal is to have it race again. If you paid attention at Bull there was signs Eagle got some work done over the off season.

As for fixing or updating the lights, that probably has more to do with Striker and the general area of the park.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby JackGlass on June 5th, 2024, 6:22 pm
I have a feeling Cedar Fair will eventually fix the American Eagle. Once Zimmerman becomes CEO, I think the focus will be more on Beautification, upkeep and adding marketable attractions.
JackGlass

Postby coasterfanatic on June 5th, 2024, 6:27 pm
JackGlass wrote:I have a feeling Cedar Fair will eventually fix the American Eagle. Once Zimmerman becomes CEO, I think the focus will be more on Beautification, upkeep and adding marketable attractions.
But part of Salims strategy has been beautification plus more benches and shade.

coasterfanatic

Postby JackGlass on June 5th, 2024, 6:28 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
JackGlass wrote:I have a feeling Cedar Fair will eventually fix the American Eagle. Once Zimmerman becomes CEO, I think the focus will be more on Beautification, upkeep and adding marketable attractions.
But part of Salims strategy has been beautification plus more benches and shade.

True! I just think Cedar Fair does a better job at it. lol
JackGlass

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum