Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Dmrbug on April 23rd, 2016, 7:31 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:
Viper now has pouches in the cars for items.

How does that work?
Dmrbug

Postby BabyDinosaur on April 23rd, 2016, 11:10 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Update list:

Goliath is running both train(I got on the first train of the season!)

SWT got new wood for the path between viper and JBs.

Yellow train isn't running this season on Demon.

Strutters seemed to have an LED sign.

Operations were actually pretty good. Minimal stacking.

Goliath now has a disney-esque way of checking seatbelts. Lapbar is still the same.

No more Goliath walkback. You can run there.

New announcer once again.

Demon seems to have gotten a lot smoother. Might just be me.

I might've missed something, so if I did, post it.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

I got more banged up on Batman than Demon, I can definitely agree it feels smoother.
BabyDinosaur

Postby RollingCoasting on April 23rd, 2016, 11:34 pm
Dmrbug wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:

How does that work?

When you sit in the car, there are zip-able mesh pouches in front of you to put small things in.
RollingCoasting

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on April 24th, 2016, 12:50 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Idk if it's the final color, or if it's just primer, but some of eagle's station is grey.

Primer.

It is not actually grey so it's not primer. It's like a mesh covering over the station. It's only where park goers can reach and write or draw. So it's a mesh covering hoping to eliminate park goes from drawing or writing on American Eagles white station.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby JaminOut on April 24th, 2016, 1:52 pm
Wasn't the mesh there late last season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Goku1910 on April 24th, 2016, 2:06 pm
great america fan wrote:All of the airbrush tattoo and caricature stands have been removed

This is true, I didn't notice it but now that you mentioned it.....The one in Yankee has been replaced with a snack stand.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby great america fan on April 24th, 2016, 3:58 pm
I like it
great america fan

Postby anewman35 on April 24th, 2016, 7:55 pm
Some observations from today:

The Dark Knight also has the zip pouches in the cars.

A fairly large portion of the back parking lot was roped off, looks like they resurfaced it.

It's possible I missed it, but I think they removed the sign outside the park showing what rides were open and closed.

It's very silly to have a recording that is clearly meant to be played just in the morning (it says good morning, it says "the gates will open shortly") and play it all day long over and over.

The inside of Columbia Carousal has a bunch of electric cords taped up all over for the new loud speakers (and it looks like possibly also for some sort of light show?) Looked pretty haphazard and cheesy.

Strutter's looked a lot nicer than I expected (still not a fan of the colors, but at least they match the Flash Pass across the way). But kind of silly that they redid it and still left the old abandoned game pad right next to it.

Don't get the logic of having the only two locations with Coca Cola Freestyle machines right across from each other, or the only two sports bars a 2 minute walk from each other.

The pad is down for the new Whizzer Coke stand but it's not there yet.

As always, I still have basically no T-Mobile service in the park, which made me do a little research on that Cell Tower request - seems like it was approved by the zoning board and passed on to the village board, don't know if they've voted yet (http://www.gurnee.il.us/planning-and-zo ... 03-16-2016). It's much needed, since the park also doesn't have Wi-Fi my phone is totally useless, can't even use the app for ride times...
anewman35

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 24th, 2016, 8:23 pm
The Ride sign was converted to a dining pass ad:

Also, the Batman ert was moved to SUF.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Goku1910 on April 24th, 2016, 8:31 pm
anewman35 wrote:Some observations from today:

The Dark Knight also has the zip pouches in the cars.

A fairly large portion of the back parking lot was roped off, looks like they resurfaced it.

It's possible I missed it, but I think they removed the sign outside the park showing what rides were open and closed.

It's very silly to have a recording that is clearly meant to be played just in the morning (it says good morning, it says "the gates will open shortly") and play it all day long over and over.

The inside of Columbia Carousal has a bunch of electric cords taped up all over for the new loud speakers (and it looks like possibly also for some sort of light show?) Looked pretty haphazard and cheesy.

Strutter's looked a lot nicer than I expected (still not a fan of the colors, but at least they match the Flash Pass across the way). But kind of silly that they redid it and still left the old abandoned game pad right next to it.

Don't get the logic of having the only two locations with Coca Cola Freestyle machines right across from each other, or the only two sports bars a 2 minute walk from each other.

The pad is down for the new Whizzer Coke stand but it's not there yet.

As always, I still have basically no T-Mobile service in the park, which made me do a little research on that Cell Tower request - seems like it was approved by the zoning board and passed on to the village board, don't know if they've voted yet (http://www.gurnee.il.us/planning-and-zo ... 03-16-2016). It's much needed, since the park also doesn't have Wi-Fi my phone is totally useless, can't even use the app for ride times...

I abandoned tmobile for that very reason. I have switched to Verizon since and it works great. I can't say video playback on YouTube works great, but for Web browsing it works just fine.
Goku1910

Postby stergmi on April 24th, 2016, 8:42 pm
Not sure if someone else mentioned but they added a Single Rider line for Batman. You just go in as if you have a Flash pass. Hopefully it stays, right now it was literally a print out on 8x11 taped up on two spots. I missed it the first time I rode.
stergmi

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on April 24th, 2016, 8:47 pm
About time. Now for Bull and GD...

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby staticshadows on April 25th, 2016, 1:58 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Viper 88 on April 25th, 2016, 4:59 pm
Does the park really need Wi-Fi? What ever happened to that old game we used to play before smart (stupid) phones were invented> conversation? I thought the entire purpose of going to an amusement park was to get away from your troubles and have a day of fun. Not to have a day of fun staring at your phone
BS-ing the day away holding up the lines because you are not paying attention. I am proud to say that I do not own a smart phone and will only convert to one when they stop making flip phones and even then I know when to put the lil bastard down!
Viper 88

Postby B&MGuy35 on April 25th, 2016, 5:26 pm
The park wants you on their app so I definitely see wifi coming soon. There's a commercial on the TV's for outline every half hour. Truth be told is 90% of people would want it and appreciate it.

Speaking about the app.....
Does anyone know if you can use it to pay for your meals since your season pass barcodes are loaded on it. Or to get into the park?

B&MGuy35

Postby anewman35 on April 25th, 2016, 6:02 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:The park wants you on their app so I definitely see wifi coming soon. There's a commercial on the TV's for outline every half hour. Truth be told is 90% of people would want it and appreciate it.

Speaking about the app.....
Does anyone know if you can use it to pay for your meals since your season pass barcodes are loaded on it. Or to get into the park?

As a T-Mobile user, it kind of sucks if you're with other people who assume you'll be able to get in touch with them and then not be able to because of the lack of service. Also, it's nice to be able to follow sports scores...

According to the apps website, you can use the app for entry, but "*Only biometric (finger scan) passes can be used for gate entry. Pass holders with non-biometric (photo) passes, including young children, must continue to bring their plastic card with them to the park."
anewman35

Postby JaminOut on April 25th, 2016, 6:16 pm
I get into the park using the app. And I hate using data at the park, fully aware that other parks have utilized it.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby great america fan on April 25th, 2016, 6:42 pm
I can't see full park wifi coming in the future but I can definitely see hot spots in restaurants or ride queue lines
great america fan

Postby Coaster Justin on April 26th, 2016, 2:15 am
Viper 88 wrote:Does the park really need Wi-Fi? What ever happened to that old game we used to play before smart (stupid) phones were invented> conversation? I thought the entire purpose of going to an amusement park was to get away from your troubles and have a day of fun. Not to have a day of fun staring at your phone
BS-ing the day away holding up the lines because you are not paying attention. I am proud to say that I do not own a smart phone and will only convert to one when they stop making flip phones and even then I know when to put the lil bastard down!

Do you want me to help keep kids off your dang lawn?
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby JaminOut on April 26th, 2016, 6:39 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
Viper 88 wrote:Does the park really need Wi-Fi? What ever happened to that old game we used to play before smart (stupid) phones were invented> conversation? I thought the entire purpose of going to an amusement park was to get away from your troubles and have a day of fun. Not to have a day of fun staring at your phone

Do you want me to help keep kids off your dang lawn?

[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby JaminOut on April 30th, 2016, 12:49 pm
Six Flags sent out an attractions survey. I was asked about a pendulum ride for Great America.

I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby staticshadows on April 30th, 2016, 1:17 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby bluebear816 on April 30th, 2016, 2:19 pm
I also got a survey. It asked about hero and villain names for a rollercoaster. They asked me if I thought a Joker or Wonder Woman rollercoaster would be faster and have more inversions
bluebear816

Postby SFGAMNUT9302 on April 30th, 2016, 3:31 pm
That would be great! They could send Revolution to another park, and we could get a Sky Screamer where Revolution used to be!
SFGAMNUT9302

Postby ConorTully on April 30th, 2016, 10:43 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Update list:

Goliath is running both train(I got on the first train of the season!)

SWT got new wood for the path between viper and JBs.

Yellow train isn't running this season on Demon.

Strutters seemed to have an LED sign.

Operations were actually pretty good. Minimal stacking.

Goliath now has a disney-esque way of checking seatbelts. Lapbar is still the same.

No more Goliath walkback. You can run there.

New announcer once again.

Demon seems to have gotten a lot smoother. Might just be me.

I might've missed something, so if I did, post it.

Apoligize for late reply/offtopic but finally figured out registration for this forum, anyways, you were first train for goliath? So was i lol, im sure you remember me from the youtube video of Colbert riding Nitro, which person were you at goliath?
@silkymitts_ on Instagram

"Sir, please put your phone away."
ConorTully

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum