Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

X-Flight new for 2012

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby KyleK414 on September 4th, 2011, 9:28 pm
USA for X-Flight! For Raging Bull, I meant to say Hyper-twister.

The point I was trying to make is that B&M hasn't in the past, and won't screw over the park that helped make a name for themselves.
Push down, then pull up. Exit to your left/right. And, enjoy the rest of your day at Six Flags! Your friendly enthusiast Kyle.
KyleK414

Postby dark knight 1780 on September 4th, 2011, 9:37 pm
I just looked at the Dollywood sight and you can see the rest of the coaster. After the 4 inversions in the picture, it does a spiral, a eight curve and a long flat run back to the station, We definitely got the better design. Can someone please tell me how to post a picture to a post?
dark knight 1780

Postby FParker185 on September 4th, 2011, 9:37 pm
All B&M cares about is that the check clears. They really could care less who they are designing it for, they run a business, all customers are treated equally and the rides are designed according to what the park wants.

And that's besides the fact that B&M were designing coasters as a team well before 1990 and for places other than Great America.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby ilrider on September 4th, 2011, 9:37 pm
081uV ajeD wrote:USA for X-Flight! For Raging Bull, I meant to say Hyper-twister.

The point I was trying to make is that B&M hasn't in the past and, won't screw over the park that helped make a name for themselves.

I'll take our layout anyday, with the inverted drop and keyhole element. They just have the scenery/setting going for them.
ilrider

Postby Sporlo on September 4th, 2011, 11:02 pm
dark knight 1780 wrote:I just looked at the Dollywood sight and you can see the rest of the coaster. After the 4 inversions in the picture, it does a spiral, a eight curve and a long flat run back to the station, We definitely got the better design. Can someone please tell me how to post a picture to a post?

use the buttons above the text entry box when you make a post. The format is [img.][/img.] (without the periods), and then post the URL inside the two bracketed img's.

And yes, http://www.dollywood2012.com/ has the rest of Wild Eagle's layout. Not bad really. I would definitely appreciate it. Honestly I think we BOTH got really great rides, considering the fact that we both have very different plots of land to work with. You just can't get any flatter than Gurnee :P
Sporlo

Postby tribar on September 4th, 2011, 11:14 pm
I agree with what everyone is saying. Ours is way better than Dollywood's. I just hope ours opens first
tribar

Postby FParker185 on September 4th, 2011, 11:33 pm
Dollywood's opens in March. It went vertical a while back apparently judging by the construction photos.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Coastermonkey61 on September 5th, 2011, 12:13 am
Dollywood's will have the benefit of a terrain that isn't flatter than a pancake to build on. But in terms of the ride itself, I like this one off early opinions
Coastermonkey61

Postby Patch on September 5th, 2011, 9:41 am
Can we just stop with all the fight about Wild Eagle? Just be happy we are getting a good coaster we havent had for 8 years. And X Flight > Wild Eagle. End of discussion.
Xlight total rides:
50 times and in every row except front row left wing.
Patch

Postby ilrider on September 5th, 2011, 9:57 am
Patch wrote:Can we just stop with all the fight about Wild Eagle? Just be happy we are getting a good coaster we havent had for 8 years. And X Flight > Wild Eagle. End of discussion.

Who's fighting? Looks like friendly discussion to me. And for all of you who keep saying 8 years since we got a good coaster, it's 9 years, as it won't be open until 2012.
ilrider

Postby CstrFan512 on September 5th, 2011, 10:39 am
This is going to be one awesome element in the back.
http://rcdb.com/10137.htm?p=36918
Don't fight the Bull, ride the Bull!

Best 2011 Moment: "I lost my phone on Raging Bull!"
"WELL I LOST A SOCK!!!"
Best 2012 Moment: "No good! DREAM ON!"
Best 2013 Moment: "I came here for Auntie Anne's pretzels and coasters......in that order!"
CstrFan512

Postby Coastermonkey61 on September 5th, 2011, 11:38 am
CstrFan512 wrote:This is going to be one awesome element in the back.
http://rcdb.com/10137.htm?p=36918

Yep. I hope it gets built. Elements like that can get scrapped pretty easily due to time and money.
Coastermonkey61

Postby UWW-10 on September 5th, 2011, 12:13 pm
^If anything, it'll be the piece of scenery that gets scrapped before the element does.....which wouldn't surprise me one bit.
UWW-10

Postby Chitown on September 5th, 2011, 2:09 pm
thedavid wrote:X-Flight is not the first of it's kind. It's the third.

In my view it will be in a 3-way tie for second of its kind since X-Flight, Swarm, and Wild Eagle all debut in 2012.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby ttd rox on September 5th, 2011, 2:15 pm
It will be the 2nd in the US but still the 3rd or 4th built in the world depending on when Swarm opens. I still think we may have the best one yet.
Top 3 Steel Coasters: 1. The Incredible Hulk 2. Maverick 3. Dragon Challenge (Fireball)

Top 3 Wood Coasters: 1. The Beast 2. American Eagle (Red) 3. Hades
ttd rox

Postby Jerrykoala2112 on September 5th, 2011, 3:59 pm
The thing about Dollywood's Wing Rider is that is doesn't do much with the terrain. And judging from their concept art, it doesn't have much scenery that will play a role in the ride like Mystery Mine. One thing that X-Flight excels in against Wild Eagle is that we have the keyhole element and our ride-time is actually longer :D

But all 3 Wing Riders for next year look awesome! Can't wait till I ride them all sometime next year.
Jerrykoala2112

Postby 6Flags4Evr on September 5th, 2011, 4:31 pm
Our Wingrider definitly looks better than Dollywoods by far.
Can't live without Coasters!!!
6Flags4Evr

Postby rct2wizard360 on September 5th, 2011, 6:24 pm
Dollywood's doesn't seem to use the different train style to it's advantage. I also don't know how much terrain usage there is going to be to "find out about" considering it all looks mapped out already in the picture of the layout.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby CoasterDude12-2 on September 5th, 2011, 6:27 pm
No matter which one is better, hopefully I'll be in the Midwest in the spring to ride both of them!
CoasterDude12-2

Postby ilrider on September 5th, 2011, 8:47 pm
6Flags4Evr wrote:Our Wingrider definitly looks better than Dollywoods by far.

All the Dollywood fanboys claim otherwise, but our layout is better. They keep talking terrain and scenery, but heck, a kiddie coaster is going to be good with a view. We just don't have that option. It's silly how gaga everyone is getting over Wild Eagle. They are just different experiences.
ilrider

Postby Goku1910 on September 5th, 2011, 8:50 pm
looking at Great America's Facebook, There are a lot of trolls referring to stealing the "Thorpe Park" Inversion. This is so dumb it's hilarious.....at first.

Shame on Thorpe Park for the controversial E-mail they sent out.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Sporlo on September 5th, 2011, 10:15 pm
Yeah this whole Thorpe uproar feels like such a waste. I don't even care if B&M designed The Swarm alone or if Thorpe Park collaborated heavily to it; regardless of what happened, you can't seriously claim that it was unfair to allow Six Flags to include a dive loop in their coaster. ANY outrage should be directed at B&M, not Six Flags.
(And I don't even think there should be any outrage in the first place...)
Sporlo

Postby coasterfanatic on September 5th, 2011, 10:37 pm
Hey everyone! In case you weren't aware, X-Flight now has a Facebook page. Go over to Facebook and like X-Flight Roller Coaster to get the latest on GA's newest coaster!
coasterfanatic

Postby Ilovthevu' on September 5th, 2011, 10:49 pm
Just to update something I said awhile ago about instead of getting a new ride, the park should upkeep stuff. Well, there are 2 things I seen different, and I would like to say good job SFGam! For Triple Play, they repainted the line wooden rails - an orange color, and brown for the poles, and for Demon line, it looks to be somewhat painted -those fences. I hope they continue this, and do Batman the Ride in the tunnel area.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby monsterfan99 on September 6th, 2011, 12:37 am
CoasterDude12-2 wrote:No matter which one is better, hopefully I'll be in the Midwest in the spring to ride both of them!

Now that's the best attitude on the whole situation to have. Although I'm hoping for late summer for X-Flight.
monsterfan99

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum