Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm 2013 Updates 9/14 Update

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby scottm13 on April 29th, 2013, 4:33 pm
BURTONxBLUNT wrote:
DejaVu2001 wrote:I have no idea what happened to V2 or how long it will be, but it sounds like something that isn't going to be quick. The good thing though, is that V2 is not in the same Maintenance zone as any of the other coasters, so it won't further delay other trains.

thank goodness so at least v2 will be getting repaired and trains will be getting finished up with! hopefully what ever happen to v2 it will be a easy fix and not having to wait 6 weeks to get up and running!

The trains are finished, and it will be down for as long as it takes for new LIM's to arrive from Intamin.
scottm13

Postby BURTONxBLUNT on April 29th, 2013, 4:37 pm
scottm13 wrote:
BURTONxBLUNT wrote:
DejaVu2001 wrote:I have no idea what happened to V2 or how long it will be, but it sounds like something that isn't going to be quick. The good thing though, is that V2 is not in the same Maintenance zone as any of the other coasters, so it won't further delay other trains.

thank goodness so at least v2 will be getting repaired and trains will be getting finished up with! hopefully what ever happen to v2 it will be a easy fix and not having to wait 6 weeks to get up and running!

The trains are finished, and it will be down for as long as it takes for new LIM's to arrive from Intamin.

trains as in batman xflight ect. i know v2 trains are done they test ran it like 3 weeks ago! but new LIM'S cant believe thats the problem with v2
SFGAm Visits 2016 - 81
BURTONxBLUNT

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 29th, 2013, 4:48 pm
scottm13 wrote:]The trains are finished, and it will be down for as long as it takes for new LIM's to arrive from Intamin.

You honestly expect me to believe 11 coaster trains (Whizzer 2, Viper 1, Bull 1, Demon 1, X Flight 1, Eagle Blue 2, Batman 2, Superman 1) got finished in less than 48 hours? Yeah, where ever you get your info from, you should probably find another source.
DejaVu2001

Postby Ace on April 29th, 2013, 7:00 pm
I see a lot of complaining and the worst that will happen is that they will have some GR complaints. I am sure there are legitimate reasons for the state of the park, but I am also sure that none of them are acceptable to those of you complaining. I will say the same to those of you complaining that I have said to others in the past, if you dont like it dont go, one less person in line. I dont think the park would deliberately try and open with fewer units then needed and if you think they would do that then you are mistaken.
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby CstrFan512 on April 29th, 2013, 7:35 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:
scottm13 wrote:The trains are finished, and it will be down for as long as it takes for new LIM's to arrive from Intamin.

You honestly expect me to believe 11 coaster trains (Whizzer 2, Viper 1, Bull 1, Demon 1, X Flight 1, Eagle Blue 2, Batman 2, Superman 1) got finished in less than 48 hours? Yeah, where ever you get your info from, you should probably find another source.

I believe he meant the V2 train is finished. Read what he quoted above.
Don't fight the Bull, ride the Bull!

Best 2011 Moment: "I lost my phone on Raging Bull!"
"WELL I LOST A SOCK!!!"
Best 2012 Moment: "No good! DREAM ON!"
Best 2013 Moment: "I came here for Auntie Anne's pretzels and coasters......in that order!"
CstrFan512

Postby SFGAm#1Fan on April 29th, 2013, 7:40 pm
I am pretty sad about the news with V2. I have a soft spot for that coaster and find it to be a pretty fun an decent ride. Hopefully it will be up and running soon. By the way, do we know for sure that the problem is LIM motor related or is that still just a rumor?
Can't live without Roller Coasters!
SFGAm#1Fan

Postby Radical-Illusion on April 29th, 2013, 8:07 pm
SFGAm#1Fan wrote: By the way, do we know for sure that the problem is LIM motor related or is that still just a rumor?

I heard it as a rumor, I didn't say it was exactly true, but friends who went this weekend for the buyouts said that V2 was not running, and it was stuck right outside of the station towards the spiral track. To me it sounds more like someones hand crossed the yellow line and caused the ride to do an Emergency stop. Again, Im not really sure exaclty if there is anything wrong with it or not. Just something I personally heard.

Also, I was looking on the Facebook page, And im not entirely sure if this has been discussed or not, but with the Ignight show, Are they having stands to sit on like Illuminosity at Cedar Point, or will it just be a standing show like the parade preshow? Because to me it looks as if they are just paving over the grass and calling it a day.
When you get to the top, and you hear that click, you better hang on, because your coming down quick!
Radical-Illusion

Postby DeathbyDinn on April 29th, 2013, 9:06 pm
It'll probably just be a standing area, maybe some benches. The projectors are going on Grand Music Hall, so I imagine having a stand would either get in the way or allow people to stand up and get in the way of the projections. Plus, having stands would mean that people couldn't stand on the stairs to Grand Music Hall to see it, so standing is probably a better choice.
DeathbyDinn

Postby scottm13 on April 29th, 2013, 9:29 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:
scottm13 wrote:]The trains are finished, and it will be down for as long as it takes for new LIM's to arrive from Intamin.

I was referring to v2's trains, because that's what I thought he was referring to.

V2 is stuck outside the station because that's where it stopped when it e-stopped (troubled), and you can't pull the train back in without all of the LIM's functioning.
scottm13

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 29th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Well, V2 doesn't have trains :wink:
DejaVu2001

Postby Goku1910 on April 30th, 2013, 10:20 am
scottm13 wrote:
DejaVu2001 wrote:

I was referring to v2's trains, because that's what I thought he was referring to.

V2 is stuck outside the station because that's where it stopped when it e-stopped (troubled), and you can't pull the train back in without all of the LIM's functioning.

Meh, it's V2...Who cares. :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby PfightingPolish on April 30th, 2013, 11:40 am
DejaVu2001 wrote:Well, V2 doesn't have trains :wink:

Good, I'm glad I'm not the only one that's personally disappointed that V2 doesn't usually run more than one train. I mean, jeeze, the capacity they could have on that thing with they ran it with a second train more often? It would really shorten the lines and take a lot of people out of the park for a long time.

Come to think of it, I think I've only seen it running two trains once, and I was lucky enough to capture some video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKXovvX1jdM
Be a Fan!
PfightingPolish

Postby hgonzo on April 30th, 2013, 12:57 pm
^Win! :)
hgonzo

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 30th, 2013, 2:26 pm
Another entrance update from SFGAm's Twitter.
DejaVu2001

Postby PfightingPolish on April 30th, 2013, 3:08 pm
I'm ... stunned. Wow.

All my OCD brain asks for is shingles on the roof. Otherwise ... dang, that looks good.
Be a Fan!
PfightingPolish

Postby DeathbyDinn on April 30th, 2013, 3:45 pm
While they aren't nearly as detailed as the old ones, I'm really happy they built them in a similar style, so they're alright with me. Looks like they'll hold a decent number of detectors as well, and I like that they added lights to show which are open.
DeathbyDinn

Postby CstrFan512 on April 30th, 2013, 7:14 pm
I had mixed emotions about the new entrance, but that picture right there just sold me! This shows how much this park actually CARES about it's history and signature look.

A+ in my opinion
Don't fight the Bull, ride the Bull!

Best 2011 Moment: "I lost my phone on Raging Bull!"
"WELL I LOST A SOCK!!!"
Best 2012 Moment: "No good! DREAM ON!"
Best 2013 Moment: "I came here for Auntie Anne's pretzels and coasters......in that order!"
CstrFan512

Postby BURTONxBLUNT on April 30th, 2013, 7:29 pm
Love how that turned out amazing(:
And I know its off topic but when was the last time opening day didn't have rain in forcast and it was sunny?
BURTONxBLUNT

Postby UWW-10 on April 30th, 2013, 8:13 pm
If V2 has already been state certified for the season and its crew has been trained but wasn't open during buyouts, then it pretty much stands to reason there's something mechanically wrong.

If an emergency stop did occur.... maintenance would have reset it by returning it to its parked position in the station.

Sandor strikes again!!!
UWW-10

Postby Ilovthevu' on May 1st, 2013, 12:16 am
About V2, this happened before, and it has happened a LOT before. It's not like this is the ONLY year in which V2 has problems with motors on it. There have been a lot of years where V2 has suddenly been broke for a little bit due to a motor problem. My only hope is that they are buying some extra motors for when they do break, so the downtime isn't that much.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAm#1Fan on May 1st, 2013, 10:07 am
Have any of you seen the post that screamscape posted about SFGAm today!?!? Possible X-Flight backwards second half of the summer and Eagle backwards returning for Fright Fest? I find this to be a pretty exciting rumor. Only thing I'm not a fan of is that if this rumor holds to be true, X-Flight will probably be running one train for a while.
SFGAm#1Fan

Postby DejaVu2001 on May 1st, 2013, 10:35 am
^ Well, they got Fright Fest right. As for X Flight, they got the wrong ride :wink:
DejaVu2001

Postby SFGAm#1Fan on May 1st, 2013, 10:47 am
^Agree with you 100% Nolan!
SFGAm#1Fan

Postby superflybri on May 1st, 2013, 10:55 am
Snakes on a Train!
superflybri

Postby Coaster Justin on May 1st, 2013, 11:29 am
superflybri wrote:Snakes on a Train!

Viper backwards would be cool.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum