Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2017

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby bbd on September 4th, 2016, 7:47 pm
JaminOut wrote:
bbd wrote:I think they will build more skyrockets or LSM launches b/c there are not many cheap coasters available. The reason they are building 4D's is b/c they are cheap. SF is no longer interests it seems in building the 15M or more coasters. That's why I don;t expect to see any dives coming b/c they are very expensive, the ones Busch built were 16M and Valravn was more than that. LOl. I lobe the logic of not knowing you like not knowing after waiting line if you will get a bad ride...few flips. Btw, I rode it more than once, different spots and it sucked equally each time. It's just a bad gimmick ride period. Great marketing by S&S on a poor ride.

Regarding the launched coasters, Full Throttle was only $6 million as previously said by someone else. Maybe the smaller park's would receive Sky Rockets? That or another launch coaster gimmick.

The cost of Skyrcokets and LSM(Full throttel) are the same. The big difference is the space needed for skyrockets and the capacity. A skyrocket could fit in the space of say Demon, while Full Throttle wouldn't. Smaller capacity would mean huge lines at the busier parks for skyrockets., if that was a concern of SF, but that's probably not high on their concern list.
bbd

Postby JaminOut on September 4th, 2016, 8:28 pm
^Or that's why the aren't building them...

Sky Rocket could fit into V2's spot, while a altered FT could fit Demons spot and follow service road along Eagle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby anewman35 on September 4th, 2016, 8:30 pm
JaminOut wrote:
anewman35 wrote:Six Flags DOESN'T CARE about variety. If a 4D and a launched coaster cost the same, and their research says the local people in each park would like the 4D better, it would be 4Ds in every park (like it was). All the people who keep saying that it would be better if Six Flags did X or Y or Z need to explain WHO it would be better for. It would be more interesting as a fan, sure, but they doesn't mean it would be in the corporation's best interest.

Six Flags cares more about variety than you think. It's not so much variety across the chain, but variety within the parks. None of our coasters have they same appeal, and that includes The Joker. You can even throw in Ragin' Cajun, Iron Wolf, Deja Vu, and Shockwave. Each coaster is unique in that it doesn't do the same thing as another coaster in the park.

Yeah, sorry, I should clarify that I meant variety between parks. They don't care if every park has the same rides, because most people don't go to multiple parks. But they do generally give each park lots of different rides.
anewman35

Postby Mean Streaker on September 4th, 2016, 8:55 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:Not everything you hear on an enthusiast site, especially a "New Rides" topic will happen

Lol remember when someone said they might replace SWT with Poltergeist from SFFT?
Mean Streaker

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 4th, 2016, 9:00 pm
Guess who your talking to? ;)

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby Mean Streaker on September 4th, 2016, 9:10 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Guess who your talking to? ;)

Oh that was you? Lol

I kinda wished that would've happened.
Mean Streaker

Postby RollingCoasting on September 4th, 2016, 9:12 pm
I didn't say it would happen. Coaster Cale said the rumor, I liked it, even though I knew it wasn't that likely, so I got a bunch of our new members to believe it. :D
RollingCoasting

Postby Mean Streaker on September 4th, 2016, 9:59 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I didn't say it would happen. Coaster Cale said the rumor, I liked it, even though I knew it wasn't that likely, so I got a bunch of our new members to believe it. :D

I thought it was one of the more ridiculous rumors I've heard about any park but it was a pretty funny rumor.
Mean Streaker

Postby JaminOut on September 4th, 2016, 10:50 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:I didn't say it would happen. Coaster Cale said the rumor, I liked it, even though I knew it wasn't that likely, so I got a bunch of our new members to believe it. :D

Myself included lol
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby stergmi on September 5th, 2016, 12:13 am
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:Guess who your talking to? ;)

Ha! I had the same thought a year ago too before I found my way to this board

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
stergmi

Postby bbd on September 6th, 2016, 6:07 pm
Find it interesting that SF gave LaRonde a Zamperla Giant Discovery in 2017 when they already had a Zamperla Discovery(model with arms and not disk). They are the same ride concept, a pendulum just with different seating arrangement, a disk instead of arms. I wonder if they will move the Discovery to another park. La Ronde to Escape would be the shortest distance and Escape rarely gets good rides. They have gotten waterpark things 2 of the last 3 years. The other year was a larson rloop A Discovery would be pretty good ride for them. Of course there always is AM, which gets relocations frequently.
bbd

Postby RollingCoasting on September 6th, 2016, 6:25 pm
bbd wrote: La Ronde to Escape would be the shortest distance and Escape rarely gets good rides. A Discovery would be pretty good ride for them. Of course there always is AM, which gets relocations frequently.

I mean it's not like Great Escape just got a Discovery or anything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwZW4RQq4qg
RollingCoasting

Postby bbd on September 6th, 2016, 6:41 pm
RollingCoasting wrote:
bbd wrote: La Ronde to Escape would be the shortest distance and Escape rarely gets good rides. A Discovery would be pretty good ride for them. Of course there always is AM, which gets relocations frequently.

I mean it's not like Great Escape just got a Discovery or anything
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwZW4RQq4qg

I forgot they got the small Discovery. in 2014. Still, the notion La Ronde will have a Discovery and Giant Discovery would be odd.
bbd

Postby RollingCoasting on September 6th, 2016, 7:05 pm
True, Six Flags has made a ton of odd decisions for La Ronde. A Vekoma SLC and a B&M invert, 2 Discoveries, 2 or 3 Carousels, etc.
RollingCoasting

Postby Coaster Justin on September 7th, 2016, 5:59 am
Six Flags could've saved a few bucks by not buying Spinsanity and just moving the smaller Discovery from La Ronde to Six Flags St. Louis

I'll bet the Huss Frisbee at SFDK will be scrapped.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby bbd on September 7th, 2016, 8:37 am
Coaster Justin wrote:Six Flags could've saved a few bucks by not buying Spinsanity and just moving the smaller Discovery from La Ronde to Six Flags St. Louis

Didn't notice till mentioned DK has a Huss Frisbee and are getting a Zamperla Discovery in2017. They might not scrap it and relocate it to MM. The Huss was installed in '99 and SFNE has a '99 installed Huss, MM don't have a Huss or Discovery. It would be like a 300 mile relocate. The LaRonde small Discovery could maybe go to Am. I hope we eventually get a Discovery, but the Revolution one that goes upside down.
bbd

Postby Coaster Justin on September 7th, 2016, 2:34 pm
bbd wrote:
Coaster Justin wrote:Six Flags could've saved a few bucks by not buying Spinsanity and just moving the smaller Discovery from La Ronde to Six Flags St. Louis

Didn't notice till mentioned DK has a Huss Frisbee and are getting a Zamperla Discovery in2017. They might not scrap it and relocate it to MM. The Huss was installed in '99 and SFNE has a '99 installed Huss, MM don't have a Huss or Discovery. It would be like a 300 mile relocate. The LaRonde small Discovery could maybe go to Am. I hope we eventually get a Discovery, but the Revolution one that goes upside down.

I'm betting it will be scrapped. Most Huss attractions these days are
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby bbd on September 7th, 2016, 2:59 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:
bbd wrote:

I'm betting it will be scrapped. Most Huss attractions these days are

HUSS has made some of my favorite flat rides of all time...UFO, Ranger, and Pirate. The new redesigned HUSS Enterprise 2G/2GH/2GH plus look good. Wouldn't mind the park getting one.
bbd

Postby Guy_With_A_Stick on September 7th, 2016, 3:31 pm
I do think HUSS is falling behind quite a bit. Zamperla's alternatives are better in almost every way(Giant Discovery > Giant Frisbee, Endeavour > Enterprise G2, etc.). Not to mention that Zamperla is significantly cheaper than Huss.

Join the SFGAm Fan Discord! https://discord.gg/bNrTj9P

The Voyage | Goliath SFGAm | Skyrush | Maverick | Viper SFGAm | Outlaw Run | Thunderhead | TTD | Lightning Run | Thunderbird
Guy_With_A_Stick

Postby bbd on September 7th, 2016, 4:05 pm
Guy_With_A_Stick wrote:I do think HUSS is falling behind quite a bit. Zamperla's alternatives are better in almost every way(Giant Discovery > Giant Frisbee, Endeavour > Enterprise G2, etc.). Not to mention that Zamperla is significantly cheaper than Huss.

Zamperla dominates the pendulum market is seems with the Discovery models Huss or Mondial. Giant Discoveries are 5-6M from what I have read. I like the Endeavor and the Enterprise G2, especially the Plus model. Never seen price on G2, just out as a redesign in 2015.

Zamperla does have a nice list of rides.Would be thrilled to get a flat ride package of Discovery, Endeavor, and Hawk. I have seen Hawks reported costing 3M. Don't know what Endeavour's go for, guessing about 3M too. 2 year flat pkg...Discovery 1 yr and Endeavour with Hawk next...6M+ cost each year.

What do you think of the Gmbh Sky Roller and Sky Fly? I think those would also be unique as only like 2 parks in North America have them. Also, the rider can control inverts. Sky Fly is below 2M and Sky Roller 2-3M. They could be cost effective flat that are somewhat unique to the US.
bbd

Postby staticshadows on September 7th, 2016, 5:43 pm
Edit: Removed from forum.
Last edited by staticshadows on July 8th, 2017, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
staticshadows

Postby Tardis1972 on September 8th, 2016, 9:47 am
I noticed that as well.
I think it's a shame that Six Flags isn't working with Gerstlauer anymore. It would be nice to see another Euro Fighter or the first Infinity Coaster in one of the smaller parks.
Tardis1972

Postby Mean Streaker on September 8th, 2016, 5:47 pm
If Six Flags won't work with Gertslauer or Intamin we're going to see a lot more clones.
Mean Streaker

Postby stergmi on September 8th, 2016, 9:43 pm
Mean Streaker wrote:If Six Flags won't work with Gertslauer or Intamin we're going to see a lot more clones.

I get why Intamin is persona non grata in the States. But what happened with Gertslauer

stergmi

Postby jmanporty7 on September 8th, 2016, 9:48 pm
stergmi wrote:
Mean Streaker wrote:If Six Flags won't work with Gertslauer or Intamin we're going to see a lot more clones.

I get why Intamin is persona non grata in the States. But what happened with Gertslauer

NTG incident. Trains were originally by Gerstlauer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jmanporty7

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum