Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Official Goliath Thread

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goliath72165 on September 1st, 2013, 5:27 pm
CoasterMike wrote:I just re-watched the simulation for Goliath and it seems like you will be hanging upside down in the inverted zero-g stall for about 4 seconds :shock:! I know it will probably be different in real life but still, that's going to seem like a long time. It will be even more INTENSE due to the fact that you only have a lap bar keeping you in the train and not a OTSR.

That is CRAZY! Goliath will be the most INTENSE ride you will be able to experience at the park next year! NO other ride in my opinion will ever come close to the intensity that Goliath will offer. Goliath will be EXTREME, nothing less!
Goliath72165

Postby FParker185 on September 1st, 2013, 6:59 pm
actually with the shape of the hill when you're upsidedown, you actually shouldn't hang at all since it will be airtime upsidedown pushing you upwards into the seat.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Coastermonkey61 on September 1st, 2013, 7:14 pm
Are there PR people in this thread or something?
Coastermonkey61

Postby CoasterMike on September 1st, 2013, 7:16 pm
Coastermonkey61 wrote:Are there PR people in this thread or something?

Not that I'm aware of. Why?
CoasterMike

Postby DejaVu2001 on September 1st, 2013, 7:25 pm
^^ Reading it, yes. Posting in it, probably not.
DejaVu2001

Postby CoasterMike on September 1st, 2013, 7:35 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:^^ Reading it, yes. Posting in it, probably not.

Why did Coastermonkey61 ask if PR people were on this thread/form?
CoasterMike

Postby Chitown on September 1st, 2013, 7:40 pm
Because of people posting stuff like this,,,

"Goliath will be the most INTENSE ride you will be able to experience at the park next year! NO other ride in my opinion will ever come close to the intensity that Goliath will offer. Goliath will be EXTREME, nothing less!"

That sounds like something a PR rep would say.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby DejaVu2001 on September 1st, 2013, 8:03 pm
CoasterMike wrote:

Would it not make more sense to quote Coastermonkey61's post and ask him why he asked? :?
DejaVu2001

Postby Coastermonkey61 on September 1st, 2013, 8:12 pm
CoasterMike wrote:

Chitown wrote:Because of people posting stuff like this,,,

"Goliath will be the most INTENSE ride you will be able to experience at the park next year! NO other ride in my opinion will ever come close to the intensity that Goliath will offer. Goliath will be EXTREME, nothing less!"

That sounds like something a PR rep would say.
Coastermonkey61

Postby rb1 on September 1st, 2013, 8:45 pm
When he says extreme that this mean the rides gonna be extremely rough lol. A great addittion still second biggest behind raging bull. Giga in the future cross fingers extending all the way down the parking lot :D .
rb1

Postby gottastrata33 on September 2nd, 2013, 3:09 am
bluebear816 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote: Hank & a couple others including Brandon said to come back for media day. So I'm unsure what we need in order to attend but everyone there is supposedly already invited haha. They also discussed they're still planning when it will open & if they will have days as they did with XF meaning media day, season pass holder day, & public opening dates. So those dates or events are unsure at this point obviously. :(

What were the requirements for x-flight media day?

I was invited through/from a main member on coasterforce. I was a simple photographer. They had my name on a list with my friend, Eastcoastergeneral as you may know him ;) So thats why Im nervous cause I dont know if he'll be attending or wanting to invite another member this year. So Im wanting to know what I need to do to be invited as well!

& rb1, dont joke. I pray for a B&M Giga everyday LOL ;D
I dream of the 400ft "Great American SkyScreamer". x
gottastrata33

Postby scottydoesknow on September 2nd, 2013, 3:16 am
gottastrata33 wrote:
bluebear816 wrote:
gottastrata33 wrote: Hank & a couple others including Brandon said to come back for media day. So I'm unsure what we need in order to attend but everyone there is supposedly already invited haha. They also discussed they're still planning when it will open & if they will have days as they did with XF meaning media day, season pass holder day, & public opening dates. So those dates or events are unsure at this point obviously. :(

What were the requirements for x-flight media day?

I was invited through/from a main member on coasterforce. I was a simple photographer. They had my name on a list with my friend, Eastcoastergeneral as you may know him ;) So thats why Im nervous cause I dont know if he'll be attending or wanting to invite another member this year. So Im wanting to know what I need to do to be invited as well!

& rb1, dont joke. I pray for a B&M Giga everyday LOL ;D

I love Jerry! I hang out with him at every media day I go to!
Scott Schaffer

SFGAm World's official YouTube producer
@upstopmedia

Goliath rides: 60
scottydoesknow

Postby gottastrata33 on September 2nd, 2013, 3:21 am
You lucky man with all your fancy websites & cam equipment ugh so jelly! haha Yeah hes a great guy! He used ti visit my crew & I when I worked at CP in 2008/2009. He invited me to XF's media day cause he saw how excited I was bloggin updates everyday in 2011/2012 haha So I was grateful he invited me :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MlXkF85e7A

LOL dont make fun of me in this! ;D the audio is really off & this vid is embarrassing at the same time its awesome haha
gottastrata33

Postby Sharon29060 on September 2nd, 2013, 9:36 am

Nice video, you're very lucky you got to attend X-Flight's media day.
Sharon29060

Postby CstrFan512 on September 2nd, 2013, 10:34 am
So any word on when the webcam will go up? I know it'll be located on top of LR or YC.
CstrFan512

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on September 2nd, 2013, 11:04 am
CstrFan512 wrote:So any word on when the webcam will go up? I know it'll be located on top of LR or YC.

It will be located on the second lift hill of Yankee Clipper. I would expect it to go up soon, probably around when they are getting ready for Fright Fest. That will give them enough time to get the webcam up there and running, since Yankee Clipper won't be running then.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby CoasterMike on September 2nd, 2013, 12:36 pm
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:
CstrFan512 wrote:So any word on when the webcam will go up? I know it'll be located on top of LR or YC.

It will be located on the second lift hill of Yankee Clipper. I would expect it to go up soon, probably around when they are getting ready for Fright Fest. That will give them enough time to get the webcam up there and running, since Yankee Clipper won't be running then.

That seems to be rather far away for you to see the progress of the ride. The thing that will be clearly visible is the 165ft lift hill.
CoasterMike

Postby BBH on September 2nd, 2013, 12:45 pm
Jerry is awesome, he's a really great guy and he's always open to suggestions and invitations from the guys on CF (including myself).

I thought this had three inversions (top hat, dive loop, 180 stall) but I guess it's only two. That doesn't matter, though, as this thing is going to be absolutely marvelous.
"Remove this man before I commit an act of violence against him."
-Ron Swanson
BBH

Postby Sporlo on September 2nd, 2013, 1:17 pm
Sporlo wrote:Is there a master list for all the wood coasters with polyurethane wheels?
Have any wood coasters switched between steel/poly wheels without changing their track type?
Sporlo

Postby scottydoesknow on September 2nd, 2013, 1:24 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:You lucky man with all your fancy websites & cam equipment ugh so jelly! haha Yeah hes a great guy! He used ti visit my crew & I when I worked at CP in 2008/2009. He invited me to XF's media day cause he saw how excited I was bloggin updates everyday in 2011/2012 haha So I was grateful he invited me :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MlXkF85e7A

LOL dont make fun of me in this! ;D the audio is really off & this vid is embarrassing at the same time its awesome haha

X-Flight media day was a great day!!

Speaking of Jerry, he accidently videobombed my Iron Rattler video at 1:16 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjRdBN94 ... Faq6V-JXF7
Scott Schaffer

SFGAm World's official YouTube producer
@upstopmedia

Goliath rides: 60
scottydoesknow

Postby gottastrata33 on September 2nd, 2013, 2:41 pm
Sharon29060 wrote:

Nice video, you're very lucky you got to attend X-Flight's media day.

Thank you! I love the reverse povs, its a wicked memory to have to be able to watch over & over :D
Scotty, haha I saw that with him filming some offride footage haha ;D I really hope I attend Goliaths media day, It would be an incredible experience again. This time for video if Im able to get one, Im going to keep my arms down. ;) Actually the day after, he took me here to film my number 1, Leviathan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDcbTNFegaM

I loved Iron Rattlers lapbars btw, I loved the saddle handle & I really hope Goliath has the same. But the trains in the vid look to be much like Outlaws...are those the same, Im gonna go check. Either way, as weve all said, Goliath will be m a r v e l o u s !
gottastrata33

Postby Galvan on September 2nd, 2013, 4:10 pm
Goliath will be a game changer. This ride will propel the park back to the national scene which it deserves to be anyway but, with the additions of X-Flight and now Goliath we are so lucky to have this as our home park.
Galvan

Postby kossdude1 on September 2nd, 2013, 5:53 pm
Six Flags Great America will with no doubt, be one of the single best parks in the US if not the world next year. Hopefully along with Goliath next year, the park goes ahead and does a fairly large amount of in park improvements.

What I would like to see:
-Relandscaping front entrance
-RCs spot turned into sitting area (for time being)
-New Pass Processing Center (if needed)
-No ghetto plopping County Fair Stage in some random place (actually think it out where to permanently install it) :lol:
kossdude1

Postby Sporlo on September 2nd, 2013, 7:06 pm
Sporlo wrote:
Sporlo wrote:Is there a master list for all the wood coasters with polyurethane wheels?
Have any wood coasters switched between steel/poly wheels without changing their track type?

Even a simple "no" would be nice.
Sporlo

Postby Chitown on September 2nd, 2013, 7:59 pm
To continue off of what Galvan said, this park in my opinion has always been a well rounded place in the amusement park industry. Out of all the corporate run parks that I have been to, only SFGAm and CP have the best mix. I am referring to coasters and flats.

Even a park that I love being Busch Gardens Tampa, sucks in the flats department. They make up for it with the coasters they have and the great zoological part of the park along with beautiful scenery.

SFGAm has had it's downtime, but overall, they have always had alot to offer and now with 2 world class coasters going in the last couple of years, it just gets better.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum