Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

SFGAm 2013 Updates 9/14 Update

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goku1910 on April 28th, 2013, 7:54 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:I really don't understand why the Log ride or Buccaneer Battle even have to be open today, next week, or until May 18th. I rather see them focusing on putting 2 trains on coasters along with them putting The Orbit / East River Crawler / whatever other rides back together. They have to be cutting people left and right. It seems like they improved other parks with the amount of maintenance help / looks of the parks, and than ours is starting to go downhill (meaning LESS help). Before, we had two trains on every coaster starting from day 1. Than, it became Superman with 1 train, and now multiple coasters are going to have 1 train.

I'm starting the think the reason why they are moving the security checkpoint around is so they get rid of ticket people staff. Ticket scanning never really has that long of a line. It's always the security I'm waiting for. So, I'm thinking they are going to have as much security as they did before, and cut back on the ticket people.

For the love of god, this has been discussed.... :roll:

Great America's Maintenance is separated into "zones", each zone focuses on their own group of rides, shifting focus from one to another isn't as cut and dry as you think. Great America isn't one to take mechanics from one zone to another, that's the reason the zone exists in the first place.

And to say other parks are improving is over exaggerating....I was at SFStL a week after opening and here's the train ops:

A. Thunder: 1 train. (Had two opening day 2012)
Boss: 1 train (OUT OF THREE)
Freeze: Surprisingly, two.
Screaming Eagle: two (This ride sucks regardless)
Excalibur was CLOSED...so was Power Tower for most of the day.
Batman I think was two (Didn't ride it)
Ninja had one.

Putting into consideration that SFStL has less coasters than SFGAm, they should have had at least one more train on boss and two at American Thunder.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Mike Myers on April 28th, 2013, 7:59 pm
Its is REDICULOUS how many roller coasters have only ONE or TWO trains in operation! Why they don't have ALL trains in operation is beyond me! Six Flags NEEDS to get ALL the rides back in NORMAL operation FAST! I mean REALLY FAST! I am NOT planning on visiting the park until MOST of the rides are in normal operation! Having one or two trains in operation on the roller coasters REALLY SLOWS the lines down SIGNIFICANTLY!
Six Flags Great America REALLY NEEDS TO GET THE RIDES READY ON TIME! They seem to have been REALLY slacking this year and last. Last year Superman had only one train in operation till late May, and Raging Bull had only two trains in operation till like July! SERIOUSLY!
Mike Myers

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 28th, 2013, 8:06 pm
^ YES, LETS KEEP SHOUTING AND POSTING EVERYWHERE BECAUSE NO ONE HEARD YOU THE FIRST EIGHT TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!
DejaVu2001

Postby Goku1910 on April 28th, 2013, 8:08 pm
Mike Myers wrote:Its is REDICULOUS how many roller coasters have only ONE or TWO trains in operation! Why they don't have ALL trains in operation is beyond me! Six Flags NEEDS to get ALL the rides back in NORMAL operation FAST! I mean REALLY FAST! I am NOT planning on visiting the park until MOST of the rides are in normal operation! Having one or two trains in operation on the roller coasters REALLY SLOWS the lines down SIGNIFICANTLY!
Six Flags Great America REALLY NEEDS TO GET THE RIDES READY ON TIME! They seem to have been REALLY slacking this year and last. Last year Superman had only one train in operation till late May, and Raging Bull had only two trains in operation till like July! SERIOUSLY!

So, let me guess, you're somewhere in the 13-15 age range?....Or do you have some stupid obsession with capitalizing every word? You just keep whining because you don't understand very simple business or economics. You need to understand that maintenance workers cost money, and without the money from corporate, Great America has to allocate what they do have to get enough work done just for the park to open. That is their main goal, to get the park OPEN.

So, quit your whining and don't go. And knowing a kid your age, you'll complain more after deciding not to go.

DejaVu2001 wrote:^ YES, LETS KEEP SHOUTING AND POSTING EVERYWHERE BECAUSE NO ONE HEARD YOU THE FIRST EIGHT TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!

WIN. :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Mike Myers on April 28th, 2013, 8:11 pm
This is going to be my LAST post! When will SFGAm have ALL the rides back in normal operation?

Thank You
Mike Myers

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 28th, 2013, 8:13 pm
Mike Myers wrote:This is going to be my LAST post!

Thank God.
DejaVu2001

Postby Mike Myers on April 28th, 2013, 8:16 pm
Finally, I bet I am NOT the only person complaining about the ride that have one or two trains in operation. The thing that pisses me and ALOT of other people is that it SLOWS DOWN the line TREMENDOUSLY! That is my point!
Mike Myers

Postby BURTONxBLUNT on April 28th, 2013, 8:16 pm
Mike Myers you just need to stop complaining and deal with it. if your not happy with six flags than go somewhere else. there doing all they can so stop posting over and over again we all get the point that there NOT fully operational. Its the first day of the season what do you expect?
SFGAm Visits 2016 - 81
BURTONxBLUNT

Postby BURTONxBLUNT on April 28th, 2013, 8:29 pm
im sorry mike but if your just going to sit here and complain about the park just leave the topics and stop posting 6flags does all they can for us and be happy we have what we got I mean look at st Louis they have 6 rides I believe and only one of them are 54 in!
SFGAm Visits 2016 - 81
BURTONxBLUNT

Postby Goku1910 on April 28th, 2013, 8:57 pm
Mike Myers wrote:This is going to be my LAST post! When will SFGAm have ALL the rides back in normal operation?

Thank You

Around the same time your parents knock some sense into you.
Goku1910

Postby Radical-Illusion on April 28th, 2013, 9:35 pm
I know this is going to be completely off topic, but the last couple of posts on here have made my night :lol: .

Back on topic: As far as the ride status, I think that hopefully this week, (Before Friday because I believe that is Physics day) they might have more trains on at least X-Flight, and others that need it. I heard a rumor saying that V2 blew its motor, or engine and wouldn't be fixed until 6 months from now? Is that true? I highly doubt it but I figured I would see if anyone else heard that.
When you get to the top, and you hear that click, you better hang on, because your coming down quick!
Radical-Illusion

Postby BURTONxBLUNT on April 28th, 2013, 9:42 pm
jadkins2012 wrote:I know this is going to be completely off topic, but the last couple of posts on here have made my night :lol: .

Back on topic: As far as the ride status, I think that hopefully this week, (Before Friday because I believe that is Physics day) they might have more trains on at least X-Flight, and others that need it. I heard a rumor saying that V2 blew its motor, or engine and wouldn't be fixed until 6 months from now? Is that true? I highly doubt it but I figured I would see if anyone else heard that.

about v2 that could be possible maybe? but I don't see if that would be the problem and if it is kiss that ride goodbye for the season!
SFGAm Visits 2016 - 81
BURTONxBLUNT

Postby SFGAm#1Fan on April 28th, 2013, 9:47 pm
Didn't V2 have a blown motor or something along those line back in the 05 season? I say that because I can recall V2 having a long downtime period that season.
Can't live without Roller Coasters!
SFGAm#1Fan

Postby Goku1910 on April 28th, 2013, 10:24 pm
There are many LIM Motors on V2.....time to repair if that were the case would depend on what's wrong and how many of them need fixing.
Goku1910

Postby SFGAm#1Fan on April 28th, 2013, 10:50 pm
Ride operations aside, I always enjoy going to the park opening weekend regardless of how many rides I get on. It's something I look forward to every single year and I love celebrating the start to a brand new season. I enjoy the fact that I can just walk around my home park that I absolutley love and just stare at coasters all day! (Which is probably what most of us will end up doing this weekend :lol: )
Can't live without Roller Coasters!
SFGAm#1Fan

Postby BURTONxBLUNT on April 29th, 2013, 9:53 am
SFGAm#1Fan wrote:Ride operations aside, I always enjoy going to the park opening weekend regardless of how many rides I get on. It's something I look forward to every single year and I love celebrating the start to a brand new season. I enjoy the fact that I can just walk around my home park that I absolutley love and just stare at coasters all day! (Which is probably what most of us will end up doing this weekend :lol: )

Im trying for Batman xflight and raging bull other than that ill be walking just like 50% of the gp....can't wait to hear gp complaining about the lines :lol:
BURTONxBLUNT

Postby Mike Myers on April 29th, 2013, 11:19 am
So any word yet about when ALL the rides with one or two trains back in normal operation!? In other words haveing ALL the trains in FULL operation!
Mike Myers

Postby SFGAm Viper on April 29th, 2013, 11:32 am
Mike Myers wrote:Its is REDICULOUS how many roller coasters have only ONE or TWO trains in operation! Why they don't have ALL trains in operation is beyond me!

Because you haven't a CLUE what all is going on. I can assure you that maintenance has been working their butt off all winter. Things can happen causing setbacks and this isn't some "stupid six flags slacking off" thing. If you don't like it, then don't go. They all want everything running just as much as the next person. Be glad Xflight was built last winter and not this past one too.
SFGAm Viper

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 29th, 2013, 11:33 am
Mike Myers wrote:So any word yet about when ALL the rides with one or two trains back in normal operation!? In other words haveing ALL the trains in FULL operation!

Yes, clearly there is someone here that knows exactly when each train will be ready, and they haven't posted yet because they were waiting for you to ask for the 10th time :roll:
DejaVu2001

Postby SFGAm Viper on April 29th, 2013, 11:36 am
Mike Myers wrote:So any word yet about when ALL the rides with one or two trains back in normal operation!? In other words haveing ALL the trains in FULL operation!

June 4 at 11:56am.
SFGAm Viper

Postby PfightingPolish on April 29th, 2013, 11:53 am
A friendly public service reminder from your enlightened newbie, Pfighting Polish:

Relax. It's just a theme park. If you demand a stunningly perfect experience every single day, pay the extra money and go to Disney.

I'm working sporting events the Saturday & Sunday of Opening Weekend and the ladyfriend is booked solid with stuff the weekend after that. Opening Day, for me, will be Sun., May 19. And I'm fine with that.

It's a theme park, not a baseball team. And, frankly, Opening Day is even a little overrated for baseball, too. We all know it doesn't kick into high gear until later on. Keep your cool and just get as many rides as you can, when you can get them, and be grateful for the ones you get.
Be a Fan!
PfightingPolish

Postby BURTONxBLUNT on April 29th, 2013, 4:01 pm
anyone know the status for v2? will the down time be awhile?
SFGAm Visits 2016 - 81
BURTONxBLUNT

Postby DejaVu2001 on April 29th, 2013, 4:14 pm
I have no idea what happened to V2 or how long it will be, but it sounds like something that isn't going to be quick. The good thing though, is that V2 is not in the same Maintenance zone as any of the other coasters, so it won't further delay other trains.
DejaVu2001

Postby Mike Myers on April 29th, 2013, 4:20 pm
What are the renovations going to be in Hometown Square because of IgNite? Where is the stage going to be?
Mike Myers

Postby BURTONxBLUNT on April 29th, 2013, 4:26 pm
DejaVu2001 wrote:I have no idea what happened to V2 or how long it will be, but it sounds like something that isn't going to be quick. The good thing though, is that V2 is not in the same Maintenance zone as any of the other coasters, so it won't further delay other trains.

thank goodness so at least v2 will be getting repaired and trains will be getting finished up with! hopefully what ever happen to v2 it will be a easy fix and not having to wait 6 weeks to get up and running!
SFGAm Visits 2016 - 81
BURTONxBLUNT

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum