Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2014

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Coastermonkey61 on August 19th, 2013, 11:02 pm
DeathbyDinn wrote:^^ If that isn't the Iron Rattler picture then I'd love for you to show me the cliff in Great America which this ride will be apparently be sitting on.

Co-sign
Coastermonkey61

Postby GoBears on August 19th, 2013, 11:04 pm
I'll post my final prediction now based off the clues since we should see the layout this Wednesday night.

It will be an RMC topper track coaster (like Outlaw Run) that will set 3 records (based on the 3 trophies by where David takes a photo and Hank Salemi's folder which has 3 Guinness world record forms). Those records will be the fastest wooden coaster at 72 mph, steepest drop of a wooden coaster at 85 degrees, and the most inversions on a wooden coaster with 5.

EDIT: Even though that is my final prediction, the 180 could very well be the size of the drop which is a record and the 5 could mean the 5th wooden coaster (if you count AE as 2) at the park.
Founder of http://www.sfgamnation.com
Favorite Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force
Favorite Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. The Beast 3. American Eagle
GoBears

Postby Jerrykoala2112 on August 19th, 2013, 11:32 pm
The ride construction has gone vertical! Woohoo!

Jerrykoala2112

Postby scottydoesknow on August 20th, 2013, 12:07 am
rizash wrote:Who still makes world class hybrids? S&s did for a short while, do they still? Hellcat is an awesome ride. Intamin? GG? GCI? RMC obviously. Does anyone else build world class hybrids that we havent mentioned?

S&S wooden coasters were actually designed by Alan Schilke, who now designs for RMC!
Scott Schaffer

SFGAm World's official YouTube producer
@upstopmedia

Goliath rides: 60
scottydoesknow

Postby scottydoesknow on August 20th, 2013, 12:12 am
I never thought of the 5 wooden roller coasters hint. Interesting. The drop, however, will most likely be 180 feet given the clues and speed.
Scott Schaffer

@upstopmedia

scottydoesknow

Postby BroServant7 on August 20th, 2013, 12:15 am
GoBears wrote:I'll post my final prediction now based off the clues since we should see the layout this Wednesday night.

It will be an RMC topper track coaster (like Outlaw Run) that will set 3 records (based on the 3 trophies by where David takes a photo and Hank Salemi's folder which has 3 Guinness world record forms). Those records will be the fastest wooden coaster at 72 mph, steepest drop of a wooden coaster at 85 degrees, and the most inversions on a wooden coaster with 5.

EDIT: Even though that is my final prediction, the 180 could very well be the size of the drop which is a record and the 5 could mean the 5th wooden coaster (if you count AE as 2) at the park.

A lot of these predictions sound very familiar, lol
BroServant7

Postby GoBears on August 20th, 2013, 12:21 am
BroServant7 wrote:
GoBears wrote:I'll post my final prediction now based off the clues since we should see the layout this Wednesday night.

A lot of these predictions sound very familiar, lol

Probably because it's just about everyone's prediction lol. Although, I completely forgot about the 180 number by the CAM in the teaser when I posted my final prediction. I'm beginning to think the 180 foot drop is more likely than the 5 inversions because of the speed possibly being 72 mph.
GoBears

Postby nick42085 on August 20th, 2013, 12:41 am
Jerrykoala2112 wrote:The ride construction has gone vertical! Woohoo!

Lol did you look for a coaster train?
Subscribe to my youtube at

Youtube.com/user/nick42085

"I'm Nick and I haven't rode a coaster since June 10th 2014"
nick42085

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 20th, 2013, 1:08 am
Or the 5 could mean 5 pm (when the announcement could be made), 5 inversions, 55 (the 2 - 5's in that clip - The one on Giant Drop's gate, and the one that the camera has) for the American Eagle's steepness.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby scottydoesknow on August 20th, 2013, 2:18 am
Ilovthevu' wrote:Or the 5 could mean 5 pm (when the announcement could be made), 5 inversions, 55 (the 2 - 5's in that clip - The one on Giant Drop's gate, and the one that the camera has) for the American Eagle's steepness.

Obviously this announcement has absolutely nothing to do with Giant Drop or American Eagle. Did your mom smoke meth during your pregnancy?
Scott Schaffer

@upstopmedia

scottydoesknow

Postby w00dland on August 20th, 2013, 4:08 am
^That's cute. :cry:
Top 5 wood-5-Goliath 4-Ravine Flyer II 3-Phoenix 2-Voyage 1-El Toro
Top 5 Steel- 5-Velocicoaster 4- Maverick 3- Fury 325 2-Steel Vengeance 1-X2
Coaster Count: 444
w00dland

Postby SFGAm Viper on August 20th, 2013, 5:25 am
scottydoesknow wrote:
Ilovthevu' wrote:Or the 5 could mean 5 pm (when the announcement could be made), 5 inversions, 55 (the 2 - 5's in that clip - The one on Giant Drop's gate, and the one that the camera has) for the American Eagle's steepness.

Obviously this announcement has absolutely nothing to do with Giant Drop or American Eagle. Did your mom smoke meth during your pregnancy?

Lmao
SFGAm Viper

Postby JimPanky on August 20th, 2013, 8:54 am
Possible Teaser clues:
"Follow the Journey"
Smashing into a rock background
Camera #s: 045, 072, 085, 024
poster of Iron Rattler on the board
RC and AE cars in maintenance
3 trophies
David
In the room there is some kind of map to the right of David's head when he enters and a map on the table.
Supervisor's name is Brandon Bruce (probably not a clue)

Camera #s: 05, 08, 29, 2013
Giant Drop
Hank is drinking Full Throttle
"Giant" mistake
Hank is called to Southwest Amphitheatre
Hank says he has to "Swing By" and meet Gary Pullman in Southwest Territory
Guinness World Records
Last edited by JimPanky on August 20th, 2013, 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on August 20th, 2013, 9:01 am
I think there is more than 1 thing going on. We know a handful of facts about what is going in IW's spot at this point. However, that doesn't explain the markings by Southwest Amphitheater. Could still be an AE change. The "swing by" comment might mean a skyscreamer is going where Southwest Amphitheater is.

The 3 trophies could be 3 records, 3 new things in 2014, or 3 new things all with records.

I think there is some pattern to rides hinted at.
The "giant" mistake comment and David's name hint at Goliath
Iron Rattler on the bulletin board
Drinking Full Throttle
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on August 20th, 2013, 9:05 am
Go Bears, your "Final Prediction" b4 the meeting, the last teasers, the newspaper leaks that will prolly come out over the next few weeks.
JimPanky

Postby SFGAm Viper on August 20th, 2013, 9:06 am
The cars in maintenance are always there, I doubt that was a clue. The Giant Drop part might have to do with the whole Goliath giant things if in fact that is the name and/or the ride itself having a giant drop of its own.

The PR guy's name is Brandon Bruce, that's not a clue, that's his name.
SFGAm Viper

Postby JimPanky on August 20th, 2013, 9:10 am
I know that's his name I said probably not a clue.
And I know they always have cars in maintenance. They are probably not a clue but it's not totally impossible that they are.
I posted these as possible clues to put all of them to be sure to not leave anything out.
Last edited by JimPanky on August 20th, 2013, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JimPanky

Postby SFGAm Viper on August 20th, 2013, 9:12 am
Yes there is something going on at Eagle... It's going backwards. Those flags could be something as simple as work on sewage and electric lines. Flags don't always mean there is a new ride coming. If so, I have some of those flags on the side if the road by my house, can't wait for the new ride! :-P

I'm sure the Full Throttle can was thrown in as a joke to throw people off. Based on the responses here before the Daily Herald article I'd say it worked!
Last edited by SFGAm Viper on August 20th, 2013, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
SFGAm Viper

Postby JimPanky on August 20th, 2013, 9:14 am
Why does Hank say he is going to "swing by" Southwest Amphitheater where there happens to be markings and flags?
JimPanky

Postby SFGAm Viper on August 20th, 2013, 9:17 am
JimPanky wrote:Why does Hank say he is going to "swing by" Southwest Amphitheater where there happens to be markings and flags?

Just a random thought.... How about an acrobatics show in the SWT amphitheater? The Russian Circus was in there before. It would be nice to have a show return there.
SFGAm Viper

Postby JimPanky on August 20th, 2013, 9:19 am
Could be a show.
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on August 20th, 2013, 9:20 am
All the shows have been musicals. It would be nice to see a stunt show, circus, etc return to the park.
JimPanky

Postby JimPanky on August 20th, 2013, 9:22 am
Another theory: David says, "What could this mean; a ride, a show, maybe even a coaster." Maybe it's all 3: a coaster in IW's spot, a new show in SWA, and a ride (maybe skyscreamer and maybe in RCs spot).
JimPanky

Postby SFGAm Viper on August 20th, 2013, 10:00 am
JimPanky wrote:Another theory: David says, "What could this mean; a ride, a show, maybe even a coaster." Maybe it's all 3: a coaster in IW's spot, a new show in SWA, and a ride (maybe skyscreamer and maybe in RCs spot).

Well technically we usually get a new show in the Grand Music Hall every year, and something different in the Pictorium. If there was a skyscreamer there would have to be a height variance with the village as well.
SFGAm Viper

Postby bluebear816 on August 20th, 2013, 10:03 am
^ The sky-screamer has to be under 125 feet otherwise it would nee∂ to go through the zoning board
bluebear816

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum