Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

New Ride(s) for 2014

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby xcheetaht on March 22nd, 2013, 1:31 pm
Look, SkyScreamer isn't confirmed yet. No worries. My friend who works for Six Flags Great America told me about GoBig project.
xcheetaht

Postby Goku1910 on March 22nd, 2013, 1:45 pm
The Go Big Project? Lulz. I worked there. The employees know as much as the General Public, it's all just speculation. As for your friend....He's BS-ing you with the "Go Big Project". The terms Go Big is Six Flags' Advertising Slogan.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby rb1 on March 22nd, 2013, 7:39 pm
Youll never know though who knows maybe SF will suprize us and well get the longest tallest b&M dive machine or a 14 inversion floorless coaster from B&M in the old IW spot. Lets just hope they dont tease us with clues for another fireworks show next year :D
rb1

Postby Goku1910 on March 22nd, 2013, 8:33 pm
I admire your sarcasm. :lol:
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby Coaster Justin on March 22nd, 2013, 9:39 pm
My only wishes for next year:

- High Capacity over 1,200 an Hour
- Track color different than any coaster currently at the park
- A Tunnel
- Airtime
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Goku1910 on March 23rd, 2013, 1:58 pm
That's assuming we get a coaster...I really doubt that. And if we do get one, I fear it's going to be a capacity nightmare like SUF at SFDK.
Goku1910

Postby Ace on March 23rd, 2013, 6:58 pm
Considering the amount of time that went by from our last major coaster to xflight I wouldn't worry about a coaster until 2015 or 2016 at the very soonest.
-Remember there's nothing but air beneath the chair.
Ace

Postby Radical-Illusion on June 2nd, 2013, 10:23 pm
I do feel like there are other six flags that get a new roller coaster every year. Yeah they may be bringing in the money, but I feel like we have some sort of contribution to that... no? I'm not really familiar with how much space they all have to work with, but I do think that we should get a coaster next year.

My dream (Although would be a capacity Nightmare) is a ride like Maverick! But knowing how trends go, I'm sure Magic Mountain will get another thrilling coaster...probably a wing coaster like ours. :roll:
When you get to the top, and you hear that click, you better hang on, because your coming down quick!
Radical-Illusion

Postby Goku1910 on June 2nd, 2013, 10:56 pm
jadkins2012 wrote:I do feel like there are other six flags that get a new roller coaster every year. Yeah they may be bringing in the money, but I feel like we have some sort of contribution to that... no? I'm not really familiar with how much space they all have to work with, but I do think that we should get a coaster next year.

My dream (Although would be a capacity Nightmare) is a ride like Maverick! But knowing how trends go, I'm sure Magic Mountain will get another thrilling coaster...probably a wing coaster like ours. :roll:

I'm betting on Wolf's replacement for 2015 at the earliest. When it came to X-Flight, we saw surveyors in SWF's ride area as early as 2010....and the only hint we have for the future of Wolf's ride area is a pink ribbon on a tree branch found last year.
Goku1910

Postby DeathbyDinn on June 2nd, 2013, 11:38 pm
jadkins2012 wrote:I do feel like there are other six flags that get a new roller coaster every year. Yeah they may be bringing in the money, but I feel like we have some sort of contribution to that... no? I'm not really familiar with how much space they all have to work with, but I do think that we should get a coaster next year.

My dream (Although would be a capacity Nightmare) is a ride like Maverick! But knowing how trends go, I'm sure Magic Mountain will get another thrilling coaster...probably a wing coaster like ours.

Every park serves a different market. Magic Mountain gets big coasters more often because it's found it's niche as a thrill park in an area dominated by big family parks.
DeathbyDinn

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 2nd, 2013, 11:50 pm

The thing with Magic Mountain is that it might have great coasters, but it's a messed up park. They have too much of one thing, and the only reason they have that many coasters is because some head up guy thinks that they can't compete at all with a family type of park. Yet, Knott's Berry Farm which has some coasters, and is more family orientated is competing just fine with them spending a lot less money than Magic Mountain. Plus, Magic Mountain's image was tarnished because of some of the trouble-maker teens that have come to the park because of mostly thrill coasters.

Than, Shapiro comes, and he acts like he knows what families want, so he gives them ONE train ride, a rethemed coaster, and a stupid water play thing. And he expects families to automatically go to Magic Mountain again because of his huge expansion. Yet, he takes away a Tilt-A-Whirl, a Rotor, an antique car ride, and a Baveryn Kurve.

So, it's back to coasters because they can't figure out how to attract families. It's too hard for them to add 5 used flats in a year plus a dark ride, and take down Viper.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby JimPanky on June 3rd, 2013, 11:23 am
Im sure we will see a new coaster in Iron Wolf's spot eventually. I don't think it will be any time soon. It's about timing. When the excitement wears off a little from X-Flight, igNIGHT, namtab, and repiv then we will probably see a new coaster. Probably another awesome B&M and knowing sfga and B&M it will probably be a new innovation in coaster design. This takes time too. Right now the wing coaster is one of the new coaster types. When another coaster innovation comes along I see B&M and sfga putting it where Iron Wolf was.

Im optimistic about what just not when. I just don't think the timings right yet.
JimPanky

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 3rd, 2013, 5:53 pm
^I do not see a B&M coaster going into Iron Wolfs spot. I think most B&Ms nowadays are too big to go into that spot. The reason why Iron Wolf fit is because it was only 2 inversions & turns. Inversions take up a lot of space! Name another coaster that is 2 inversions by B&M, and is NOT a hyper / giga coaster? Even X-Flight was too big for Iron Wolf spot.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby BBH on June 3rd, 2013, 6:04 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote:^I do not see a B&M coaster going into Iron Wolfs spot. I think most B&Ms nowadays are too big to go into that spot. The reason why Iron Wolf fit is because it was only 2 inversions & turns. Inversions take up a lot of space! Name another coaster that is 2 inversions by B&M, and is NOT a hyper / giga coaster? Even X-Flight was too big for Iron Wolf spot.

Vortex. :lol:

But in all seriousness, a Skyscreamer is pretty much inevitable for next year. I don't think we see a new coaster until '15 at the earliest, '17 at the absolute latest.
"Remove this man before I commit an act of violence against him."
-Ron Swanson
BBH

Postby DeathbyDinn on June 3rd, 2013, 7:10 pm
^^ If the park wants a B&M in that spot they'll make it fit. X Flight couldn't fit because wing coasters have to be long and drawn out because of the trains. Something like a floorless that can make sharper turns and inversions could easily fit in IW's spot, just look at how compact Hair Raiser is..

DeathbyDinn

Postby JimPanky on June 3rd, 2013, 11:08 pm
Iron Wolf was a B&M. X-Flight isn't much bigger than that spot. The spot X-Flight is in is pretty small. B&M is great at working with the space they are given. I feel Iron Wolf's spot will eventually be a spot for a new coaster. Not soon but eventually.

2 of the last 3 new coasters to be built in the park were b&m.
5 of the last 9 new coasters to be built in the park were b&m.

When we do get our next coaster my money is on B&M to be the designer.
JimPanky

Postby PfightingPolish on June 3rd, 2013, 11:44 pm
I'm not going to be so sure about another B&M. Yes, we have been B&M's playground, but I wouldn't be stunned with a GCI, a launched coaster or even something relocated, B&M or no.

I will say this, though: I'm almost wanting them to wait longer because, the longer we wait, the better whatever it is we get will likely be.
Be a Fan!
PfightingPolish

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 3rd, 2013, 11:46 pm
^^^That is somewhat compact, but that picture is not all of the ride. Though, maybe it could fit in Iron Wolf's spot, but I just wonder about that ride now. It's looks like too much is going on in such a small area.

That coaster looks bigger from the whole view:
http://rcdb.com/9647.htm?p=42810
Ilovthevu'

Postby JimPanky on June 3rd, 2013, 11:56 pm
A relocation is always possible. Im sure sfgam would consider rides being removed from other parks to see if it's a good fit for sfgam.
JimPanky

Postby Iron Wolf 90-11 on June 4th, 2013, 12:42 am
I was talking to a friend a while ago who is greta friends with the Park President. This was last summer when we talked. He said that the park was taking to a few different roller coaster making companies. Six Flags Great America gave them the land they had to work with. The companies would then submit their designs. They would then choose what roller coaster to put in that spot based on which design uses all of the space in the best way and which looks, and is the best. They park probably already knows what the next coaster will be and how it will be because it takes time to plan out a coaster. They probably knows what will be added and or taken out at the park in the next 3+ years but they won't announce the information until the time is right.
Iron Wolf 90-11

Postby PfightingPolish on June 4th, 2013, 9:29 am
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:They probably knows what will be added and or taken out at the park in the next 3+ years but they won't announce the information until the time is right.

And yet none of us know what they're doing, so speculating is still fun.
Be a Fan!
PfightingPolish

Postby DejaVu2001 on June 4th, 2013, 10:12 am
Iron Wolf 90-11 wrote:They probably knows what will be added and or taken out at the park in the next 3+ years but they won't announce the information until the time is right.

The 3+ years part is rarely true with Six Flags. I mean X Flight didn't start get chosen until sometime in mid 2010 when Chang got cancelled. And going back further, in 2002, one of Whizzer's trains got a full rehab and repaint and a few months later, Whizzer ended up one ShockWave wheel incident away from the scrapyard :lol:
DejaVu2001

Postby xcheetaht on June 17th, 2013, 10:10 pm
Wow, I've heard rumors about SkyScreamer and another ride :o I don't know what to say because I'm so excited!
xcheetaht

Postby superflybri on June 18th, 2013, 8:43 pm
Make me a Maverick! There are not enough of those types of rides out there. Fork out the money and get us a good launched multi-inversion coaster. Make a half decent launched coaster like Maverick people will flock! Make it happen.
superflybri

Postby PfightingPolish on June 19th, 2013, 11:47 am
superflybri wrote:Make me a Maverick!

… it's not all about you.
Be a Fan!
PfightingPolish

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum