SFGAmWorld.com
Untitled Document
Park Information
Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Goku1910 on April 10th, 2024, 6:08 am
From the last Google earth imagery update, it was still non existent. My bet is that Eagle will not be open on opening day.

As for the picture of the old ticket booths, they looked like this: (Pic is from California's GAm)
https://www.ocregister.com/wp-content/u ... jpg?w=1024
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 10th, 2024, 5:28 pm
That is probably a safe bet to make. They also probably don't want people seeing Sky Striker's construction progress so easily.

Thank you for such a high quality picture! Wow, SFGAm's current entrance looks s***** compared to the old entrance. Imagine if SF brought back the original entrance either one-to-one or with a few minor changes. (E.g. putting the SFGAm logo over the center of the booths, similar to Fiesta Texas' entrance.)

Speaking of Opening Day, I was thinking about arriving to the park two hours early to get on the first cycle for Sky Striker, but since Sky Striker looks to not make Opening Day, I might as well arrive when I normally do. Does anybody have any advice for Opening Day? Would you suggest rope-dropping the park opening day?

Any piece of advice would be appreciated!
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 48
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm

Postby Goku1910 on April 11th, 2024, 7:36 am
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:That is probably a safe bet to make. They also probably don't want people seeing Sky Striker's construction progress so easily.


Eh, that's not the only reason. It's more or less because the Entrance doesn't currently exist.

As for opening day advice, you have to go with the expectation that you won't get on a lot of rides. Operations are usually hit or miss and the crowds are going to be insane because of all the people processing their passes. I go every year because I get really goddamn bored sitting at home all winter.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby coasterfanatic on April 11th, 2024, 10:07 am
The parks main entrance won’t even be ready for Opening Day. I usually wait a weekend or two, and wait until they start adding the weekdays in. Early season weekdays are always a good option!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 484
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 11th, 2024, 5:29 pm
Goku1910 wrote:
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:That is probably a safe bet to make. They also probably don't want people seeing Sky Striker's construction progress so easily.


Eh, that's not the only reason. It's more or less because the Entrance doesn't currently exist.

As for opening day advice, you have to go with the expectation that you won't get on a lot of rides. Operations are usually hit or miss and the crowds are going to be insane because of all the people processing their passes. I go every year because I get really goddamn bored sitting at home all winter.


Same here! I've been counting down the days until SFGAm opens this year ever since a little before the countdown hit a month left. I am only planning to get 3-4 rides in, 5 maximum, especially after seeing how busy St. Louis was on their Opening Day. Thanks for the advice!
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 48
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 11th, 2024, 5:31 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:The parks main entrance won’t even be ready for Opening Day. I usually wait a weekend or two, and wait until they start adding the weekdays in. Early season weekdays are always a good option!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'll remember to go through the Eagle entrance! Thanks!
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 48
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm

Postby coasterfanatic on April 11th, 2024, 5:49 pm
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:The parks main entrance won’t even be ready for Opening Day. I usually wait a weekend or two, and wait until they start adding the weekdays in. Early season weekdays are always a good option!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'll remember to go through the Eagle entrance! Thanks!
I meant the main gate. They are redoing the main park entrance gate and security. They just got permits approved earlier this week. Doesn’t seem likely it’ll be ready by opening day. They will probably have something temporary.

The main entrance into the lot of grand will be open


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 484
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 11th, 2024, 6:45 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:The parks main entrance won’t even be ready for Opening Day. I usually wait a weekend or two, and wait until they start adding the weekdays in. Early season weekdays are always a good option!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'll remember to go through the Eagle entrance! Thanks!
I meant the main gate. They are redoing the main park entrance gate and security. They just got permits approved earlier this week. Doesn’t seem likely it’ll be ready by opening day. They will probably have something temporary.

The main entrance into the lot of grand will be open


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Okay, thanks for clearing that up! With all those borders up around the entrance though, it sure will be h*** on Opening Day. I'm hoping that they start construction after the Opening Weekend, maybe the following Monday just so Opening Weekend isn't crazier than it normally would be trying to get through the gates.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 48
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm

Postby coasterfanatic on April 11th, 2024, 6:47 pm
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:
coasterfanatic wrote:
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:[quote="coasterfanatic"]The parks main entrance won’t even be ready for Opening Day. I usually wait a weekend or two, and wait until they start adding the weekdays in. Early season weekdays are always a good option!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I'll remember to go through the Eagle entrance! Thanks!
I meant the main gate. They are redoing the main park entrance gate and security. They just got permits approved earlier this week. Doesn’t seem likely it’ll be ready by opening day. They will probably have something temporary.

The main entrance into the lot of grand will be open


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Okay, thanks for clearing that up! With all those borders up around the entrance though, it sure will be h*** on Opening Day. I'm hoping that they start construction after the Opening Weekend, maybe the following Monday just so Opening Weekend isn't crazier than it normally would be trying to get through the gates.[/quote]Well the existing gates are gone, I believe. They’ve already been torn up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 484
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 11th, 2024, 8:05 pm
Not trying to restart the conversation, sorry I was gone for a little bit, but I think we can all agree that JB's interior was pretty poor recently. Like extremely. It was so dirty up the walls and the fatheads were outdated, stained and falling apart. While the new interior is lifeless and strips the "theming" away, at the very least it *should* be clean which I will appreciate.

In other news, park map has been updated on the app. Revy and Hangover are gone, and there is a new pathway near the entrance of the park/carousel. I wonder why they decided to build this path. Less greenery because they have not been able to keep up with weeds in recent years?

As for the merger, I am so excited, yet I know it will take some time. And Cedar Fair isn't going to be a miracle worker. Changing infrastructure is so hard but it's obvious SF needs to beef theirs up (SFGAm to a lesser extent). But all the small things that SF neglects will be so nice to see receive attention.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 557
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

Postby Goku1910 on April 11th, 2024, 8:21 pm
Yeah, I don't really see why that pathway was added by the carousel, it was really necessary. It's the other side that gets cramped because of that dumb generic coke stand. I hate those.

If the map has any sort of accuracy it also gives us a glimpse of Eagle's new Entrance sign, and it looks like the metal detector station is being pushed back a bit?
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby coasterfanatic on April 11th, 2024, 9:29 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Not trying to restart the conversation, sorry I was gone for a little bit, but I think we can all agree that JB's interior was pretty poor recently. Like extremely. It was so dirty up the walls and the fatheads were outdated, stained and falling apart. While the new interior is lifeless and strips the "theming" away, at the very least it *should* be clean which I will appreciate.

In other news, park map has been updated on the app. Revy and Hangover are gone, and there is a new pathway near the entrance of the park/carousel. I wonder why they decided to build this path. Less greenery because they have not been able to keep up with weeds in recent years?

As for the merger, I am so excited, yet I know it will take some time. And Cedar Fair isn't going to be a miracle worker. Changing infrastructure is so hard but it's obvious SF needs to beef theirs up (SFGAm to a lesser extent). But all the small things that SF neglects will be so nice to see receive attention.
I’m shocked. Given that it took a whole year for them to update the map with MaxxForce, it’s great to see it’s updated already


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 484
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 12th, 2024, 3:05 pm
Goku1910 wrote:and it looks like the metal detector station is being pushed back a bit?


Yeah, it does look that way. That seems like a good move, but at the cost of the hill with the six flag poles..? Idk. Seems like there will be more room between metal detection and scanning tickets, which is good, as getting to the scanners after metal detection was crazy cramped and a mess at park open. But I think that problem could have been solved if they just let people into the park before 10:30. I don't know why Six Flags is against that. Even Indiana Beach has a full hour between park open and rides open. If SFGAm did half an hour, there would be no half mile line into the parking lot to get into the park at park open. And we could have kept the cute hill. Can't tell you how many times I show up at to the gate at 10:15 just to physically enter the park at 10:50 or later. Also, the hill was a great photo op.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 557
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 12th, 2024, 7:58 pm
There is clearly room to the left of the entrance. SF could just have the park entrance line turn left, go through some switch backs, and back out so that you can go through the second set of gates. If Six Flags did this, it would also be a sin to not redo the whole entrance to look like the park's original entrance. Plus, the hill could be re-added in.

Some other comments I wanted to make are that the only Coke stand that has genuinely boosted my experience at the park is the Goliath one. Also, has anybody else been getting kicked out of the SFGAm app when they click on the little food icon that is hovering over WCSB&G? (Windy City Sports Bar and Grill)
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 48
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 13th, 2024, 12:38 pm
Come to think of it, is SFGAm the only park with those coke stands? Now that I am thinking about them, I don't recall ever seeing them at other parks in the chain. Which seems weird, you'd figure they would be everywhere.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 557
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 13th, 2024, 12:40 pm
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:Also, has anybody else been getting kicked out of the SFGAm app when they click on the little food icon that is hovering over WCSB&G? (Windy City Sports Bar and Grill)


I just tried and I got kicked. I tried looking for it within the Dining tab and its not there.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 557
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

Postby Blue_Toad_Coasters on April 13th, 2024, 5:25 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:Also, has anybody else been getting kicked out of the SFGAm app when they click on the little food icon that is hovering over WCSB&G? (Windy City Sports Bar and Grill)


I just tried and I got kicked. I tried looking for it within the Dining tab and its not there.


SFGAm must think this is the greatest restaurant of all time or something. It almost seems like they're hyping this up to be a grand surprise on Opening Day. Sure, the concept art looks nice but I doubt anybody besides the theme park food addicts will actually run to this when the park opens instead of to a coaster/flat ride.
Blue_Toad_Coasters

User avatar
 
Posts: 48
Joined: April 4th, 2024, 4:05 pm

Postby HCF on April 13th, 2024, 11:08 pm
We've been so starved of anything new that I'm getting excited about a new pathway
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

User avatar
 
Posts: 36
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 10:28 am
Location: Waukegan IL, currently at IUB

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 13th, 2024, 11:33 pm
HCF wrote:We've been so starved of anything new that I'm getting excited about a new pathway



What exactly is the purpose of this new midway?? I don't see it on the current map.

Personally I wish they had one that connected Whizzer to Batman. Would be a nice shortcut!

Also the super loop and Revo-LOSE-ION are both still on the map on their site at the time of this post!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby coasterfanatic on April 14th, 2024, 12:25 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
HCF wrote:We've been so starved of anything new that I'm getting excited about a new pathway



What exactly is the purpose of this new midway?? I don't see it on the current map.

Personally I wish they had one that connected Whizzer to Batman. Would be a nice shortcut!

Also the super loop and Revo-LOSE-ION are both still on the map on their site at the time of this post!
They are expanding the bathrooms at the front of the park. Removing the shrubs and stuff there will open up the area more and prevent crowding. They kept the Orleans Place portal so this pathway just goes on the other side of it basically


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 484
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 14th, 2024, 8:55 am
Where did you see the new pathway? It's not on the map on their site and that map still has the 2 rides that were just removed.

And hopefully they do put all the flags back. It would wrong to not have them!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

Postby coasterfanatic on April 14th, 2024, 9:40 am
It’s on the app. The map on the app is updated.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterfanatic

 
Posts: 484
Joined: July 27th, 2011, 2:07 am

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on April 14th, 2024, 10:44 am
Blue_Toad_Coasters wrote:SFGAm must think this is the greatest restaurant of all time or something. It almost seems like they're hyping this up to be a grand surprise on Opening Day.


It was said that the new menu and opening date will be announced later in the season, so don't expect anything opening day. Yukon BBQ Pit opened with like what, 4 weeks left in the season? Speaking of Yukon BBQ Pit, I am so excited to get back there.
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 509
Dan The Coaster Man

User avatar
 
Posts: 557
Joined: November 23rd, 2014, 11:04 am
Location: Southwest Suburbs

Postby Goku1910 on April 14th, 2024, 2:20 pm
Wheelgap has flown over again and it looks like the Main Entrance is getting more work than we initially thought. Looks like we're getting an actual building, maybe similar to Great Adventure's?

I'm a bit mixed on Fencing off the Entrance, but overall I think it'll be a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el1EcmHxCI4
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

User avatar
 
Posts: 2384
Joined: March 5th, 2008, 3:13 pm

Postby CoasterRiderSC on April 14th, 2024, 9:57 pm
Goku1910 wrote:Wheelgap has flown over again and it looks like the Main Entrance is getting more work than we initially thought. Looks like we're getting an actual building, maybe similar to Great Adventure's?

I'm a bit mixed on Fencing off the Entrance, but overall I think it'll be a good thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el1EcmHxCI4



Thanks for posting the video! It's amazing how much detail that drone captured and how Wheelgap can move it around so easily!
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

User avatar
 
Posts: 1265
Joined: August 4th, 2016, 1:20 pm
Location: Lake in the Hills, IL

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Blue_Toad_Coasters and 5 guests

Privacy Policy About Us Copyright Disclaimer E-Mail SFGAmWorld
COPYRIGHT - SFGAmWorld.com
All content and images on this site are Copyright 2001 - SFGAmWorld.com and may not be used without permission.
This is NOT the official site of Six Flags Great America, SFGAmWorld.com is not affilated or endorsed by Six Flags Great America.
SFGAmWorld.com does not make any guarantee on the accuracy of the information on this website and cannot be held responsible by the use of this information.
SIX FLAGS and all related indicia are trademarks of Six Flags Theme Parks Inc. ®, TM and © . The official Six Flags site can be found at SixFlags.com
BATMAN, SUPERMAN and all related characters and elements are trademarks of © DC Comics.
LOONEY TUNES and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.©
The Wiggles Pty Ltd. SCOOBY-DOO and all related characters and elements are trademarks of and © Hanna-Barbera.

cron