Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Minor Updates, Rumors, and Happenings

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby HCF on March 22nd, 2024, 5:55 pm
So apparently a bunch of rides at the park are getting height requirement changes, anyone notice ay changes? The two I found are that X-Flight was being lowered to 52' and Triple play is now 54' to ride alone
Some time, on way to successful, first of steps of all of the steps to being successful steps are hardest of all of the steps to successing.
HCF

Postby Goku1910 on March 24th, 2024, 6:57 pm
wheelgap has flown a drone over the park again this weekend and there's nothing changed to Sky Striker and still no parts on site. Front Gate has had it's ornament removed. (Flag poles, gardening, etc)
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 24th, 2024, 9:09 pm
Goku1910 wrote:wheelgap has flown a drone over the park again this weekend and there's nothing changed to Sky Striker and still no parts on site. Front Gate has had it's ornament removed. (Flag poles, gardening, etc)

Goku - I saw a photo of the flag pole, etc taken down on the Discord site. Any idea what will replace that?? Please tell me the flag isn't going away totally....
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 24th, 2024, 9:14 pm
HCF wrote:So apparently a bunch of rides at the park are getting height requirement changes, anyone notice ay changes? The two I found are that X-Flight was being lowered to 52' and Triple play is now 54' to ride alone

Interesting that the other 3 B&M's still have 54 inch as height requirement. Also 54' to ride Triple Play seems kind of tall but I just noticed Ricochet also has 54' to ride alone too!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on March 25th, 2024, 9:23 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
Goku1910 wrote:wheelgap has flown a drone over the park again this weekend and there's nothing changed to Sky Striker and still no parts on site. Front Gate has had it's ornament removed. (Flag poles, gardening, etc)

Goku - I saw a photo of the flag pole, etc taken down on the Discord site. Any idea what will replace that?? Please tell me the flag isn't going away totally....

My prediction? Nothing.

The empty space will be used so people can flood into the metal detectors. I would hope they setup a similar system to how King's Island is setup, but I seriously doubt it.
Goku1910

Postby staticshadows on March 25th, 2024, 3:41 pm
They removed a lot of trees at the front of the park. Image from Google Earth update.
staticshadows

Postby B&MGuy35 on March 25th, 2024, 3:43 pm
I’m curious as too what is taking so long for Sky Striker? Nothing as of checking today has still even been shipped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B&MGuy35

Postby coasterfanatic on March 25th, 2024, 3:50 pm
B&MGuy35 wrote:
I’m curious as too what is taking so long for Sky Striker? Nothing as of checking today has still even been shipped!

It shouldn’t be surprising. It’s Six Flags. The light up single rail kid coasters at 2 of the parks last year didn’t open til nearly 2024 (and it was supposed to be new for 2023). Six Flags is never in a rush to get new rides open.

coasterfanatic

Postby MrsTaxi on March 26th, 2024, 2:27 pm
staticshadows wrote:They removed a lot of trees at the front of the park. Image from Google Earth update.

Do you have anymore screenshots of the park you can share? :)
MrsTaxi

Postby staticshadows on March 27th, 2024, 8:52 am

staticshadows

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on March 27th, 2024, 5:18 pm
Watching the wheelgap video was so disappointing seeing how seemingly little progress has been made over the past few weeks. It was a very mild winter and here we are 3 weeks until opening with most (if not all) offseason projects moving along at snail pace (if at all) and not complete. I hate being so pessimistic, especially because I appreciate the park taking on so many "small" projects to make the park better. I just feel like the park is going to be full of dirt and construction walls come opening day. Buccaneer Battle has been SBNO for how long now?
Sucker for a launch, custom audio and Viper | Coaster Count: 507
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby coasterfanatic on March 27th, 2024, 7:37 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:Watching the wheelgap video was so disappointing seeing how seemingly little progress has been made over the past few weeks. It was a very mild winter and here we are 3 weeks until opening with most (if not all) offseason projects moving along at snail pace (if at all) and not complete. I hate being so pessimistic, especially because I appreciate the park taking on so many "small" projects to make the park better. I just feel like the park is going to be full of dirt and construction walls come opening day. Buccaneer Battle has been SBNO for how long now?
That’s the Salim way. He has never moved fast with capital investments. Bucky spot is going to stay that way until they have something to put there. I never expected SkyStriker to be ready on Opening Day. New rides never are.

coasterfanatic

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on March 28th, 2024, 3:08 pm
According to new permit, JB's is being renamed to Windy City Sports Bar
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby gottastrata33 on March 29th, 2024, 2:03 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:According to new permit, JB's is being renamed to Windy City Sports Bar

Another horrible name to simply disregard the area it's clearly in lol ughhhh who makes these decisions?! Tumbleweed Saloon. That took me 1.2 seconds to think up & it's not even a great name but it's better than Windy City in southwest territory.
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on March 29th, 2024, 1:59 pm
gottastrata33 wrote:
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:According to new permit, JB's is being renamed to Windy City Sports Bar

Another horrible name to simply disregard the area it's clearly in lol ughhhh who makes these decisions?! Tumbleweed Saloon. That took me 1.2 seconds to think up & it's not even a great name but it's better than Windy City in southwest territory.

Tumbleweed Tavern Sports Bar

Fun Fact, I just looked at SFOT's Food Places and here's some names:
Casa Bar
Dry Hole Charlie's
Dusty Dan's
Texas Tacos
Tin Roof Tavern
Tostitos Cantina

Heck Use some of my names I posted here (I'm not a bar person):
Stagecoach Snacks
Cafe Ole'
Dynamite Diner
The Cantina
Bandit Burgers
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on March 29th, 2024, 6:08 pm
So actually it looks like the park worked with the Junkies to release some concept art and further information about JB's.

The permit says its called Windy City Sports Bar, the concept art says its called Windy City Sports Bar & Grill, then the Junkies refer to it as Windy City Bar & Grill. Not sure which one it technically is but you get the idea.

Aside from destroying any cohesive theming with Southwest Territory... concept art looks solid (doesn't it always though?). Huge bar expansion indoors. Nice beer garden type area on the exterior between the building and nearby smoking area. Exterior has a nice sports flare.

Junkies say there will be an all new menu, and unfortunately confirmed that the beloved nachos are gone. They also said an opening date will be released later in the year (hopefully it can reopen before Yukon BBQ did last year)

In other news, there is a $0.99 surcharge on all food/beverage and merchandise purchases chain wide. Excludes meal plan redemptions.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby gottastrata33 on March 30th, 2024, 5:18 am
The who?! Who are the Junkies?
gottastrata33

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 30th, 2024, 9:14 am
IF they love the name Windy City Bar so much, why not try to work that into County Fair instead since it's supposed to be the Midwest?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterfanatic on March 30th, 2024, 9:20 am
gottastrata33 wrote:The who?! Who are the Junkies?
It’s a FB group with a bunch of obnoxious people who have no life outside of Six Flags, and are completely obsessed with the parks mediocre food offerings. They literally created a post to share favorite memories of the JBs nachos which are going away

coasterfanatic

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on March 30th, 2024, 11:12 am
The nachos were always a go to if your friends didn't have a meal plan or didn't want to pay for their own meal. Hopefully it gets replaced with something comparable but probably not. The spaghetti can still pass for two people
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby coasterfanatic on March 30th, 2024, 11:29 am
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:The nachos were always a go to if your friends didn't have a meal plan or didn't want to pay for their own meal. Hopefully it gets replaced with something comparable but probably not. The spaghetti can still pass for two people
Oh agreed. I liked the nachos. But it what it is. The Junkies literally posted “for those affected by the nacho loss”. It’s nachos.

Plus I didn’t want to eat that everytime I’m at the park.

coasterfanatic

Postby gottastrata33 on March 30th, 2024, 4:03 pm
Ok what is their full profile name? I gotta Check this out haha.
gottastrata33

Postby Coaster Justin on March 30th, 2024, 10:35 pm
The Interior looks like the biggest downgrade possible.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on March 31st, 2024, 1:31 pm
coasterfanatic wrote:
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:The nachos were always a go to if your friends didn't have a meal plan or didn't want to pay for their own meal. Hopefully it gets replaced with something comparable but probably not. The spaghetti can still pass for two people
Oh agreed. I liked the nachos. But it what it is. The Junkies literally posted “for those affected by the nacho loss”. It’s nachos.

Plus I didn’t want to eat that everytime I’m at the park.

It's just nachos! I think life will go on! I did used to get the nachos and funnel cake by Demon (2 items for 1 wait in line) but oh well!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Goku1910 on March 31st, 2024, 3:19 pm
Coaster Justin wrote:The Interior looks like the biggest downgrade possible.

Yeah, I am not impressed with the interior at all, I do like the new Patio/outdoor eating spot but naturally it's right next to a smoking area which instantly ruins the appeal for me.

I'm kinda hoping they follow Cedar Fair and just get rid of it inside the park entirely, sorry smokers, but your habit is gross.
Last edited by Goku1910 on March 31st, 2024, 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Goku1910

PreviousNext

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum