Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2022 passes

Talk about anything that has to do with Six Flags Great America and Hurricane Harbor here.
Postby Sven18 on November 5th, 2021, 2:53 pm
This new pass structure comes from 2 things likely:
1)People complaining that the Gold Pass for 2022 was only for your home park

2)From 2019 comparable numbers to now, the number of members is down 700K while passes are up 900K. People seem to have tried memberships w/ the initial push starting in Fall 2018, getting them up to 2.9M in 2019 season,but they have eroded. People were switching back to passes. The new season memberships only changes the billing structure, so they probably were getting substantial negative feedback on the monthly structure, auto billing, & cancellation process. SF still isn't quite the same as the other chains with season passes that offer payment plans.
Sven18

Postby Sven18 on November 24th, 2021, 3:30 pm
Get a Free Upgrade of Base Pass to a Gold Plus Season Pass During Our 2022 Cyber Sale!

The Upgrade Includes:

Admission to ALL Six Flags Outdoor Theme Parks & Waterparks
Everyday Discounts on Food, Merchandise, and More
Exclusive Member-Only Events
Discount Tickets for Friends
Discounts on Drink Bottles, Dining Passes, and Ride Passes

You also receive these regular Season Pass benefits:

Unlimited Visits to Six Flags Great America, Hurricane Harbor Rockford, and Hurricane Harbor Chicago
Includes the Rest of 2021 and All of 2022
Season Parking (save $25/visit)
Includes Both Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park Lights

This deal essentially reverts the pass to the way it was before the changes announced for 2022. There is no other pass member levels of Platinum, Diamond, etc..like SFOT, SFFT, GAdv have.

If you do the math A Gold Plus membership w/ Premium dine is $217.92 w/ taxes per year
This upgrade deal to Gold Plus pass w/ Premium dine is $196.03 w/ taxes for the year so a about $22 savings not including the $20 refundable Gold Plus deposit if you're on a monthly membership
Sven18

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 1st, 2021, 3:00 pm
Sven - how much was the Gold Plus Pass going for during cyber sale? I paid $50 for the Gold Pass (only works in IL) with the special renewal offer.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on December 1st, 2021, 5:29 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Sven - how much was the Gold Plus Pass going for during cyber sale? I paid $50 for the Gold Pass (only works in IL) with the special renewal offer.

I bought one, $69.99. Seems like it includes all the 'Gold Plus member' benefits, unlike the Gold passes they had in previous years, so I'm happy with it.
anewman35

Postby Sven18 on December 1st, 2021, 7:33 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Sven - how much was the Gold Plus Pass going for during cyber sale? I paid $50 for the Gold Pass (only works in IL) with the special renewal offer.

They best price was $50(renewals) when they sent emails out during Aug/early September. New people were $80, they later dropped that to $65. Now they are offering $60 w/ extra $10 to get season parking.

The Cyber deal was the best deal $70 for Gold PLus membership in pass form. The premium dining w/ Cyber deal was $104,which was about $25 more than 2019 w/ a pass. SF is really increasing dining costs it seems. Maybe less people will buy them & cut line lengths some. At the higher cost SF can produce the same or more revenue w/ less all season dining plans.
Sven18

Postby hook13 on December 3rd, 2021, 2:40 pm
Picked up a pass during the sale for st. louis to save a few bucks (will have to go there first most likely next season)...looks like basic dining works at all parks as well, so selected that for the kids to save a bit vs premium, don't need drink bottles- Glad they brought back annual pay option, was going to sit next year out- No interest in monthly billing-
hook13

Postby CoasterRiderSC on December 3rd, 2021, 3:09 pm
I wish there was a dining option for Premium minus the drink bottle! I never use it at all (I'm a water person).
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby anewman35 on December 4th, 2021, 11:08 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I wish there was a dining option for Premium minus the drink bottle! I never use it at all (I'm a water person).

I'm sure you could find somebody or at the park who'd take it off your hands. I'd give you $10 for it!
anewman35

Postby Sven18 on December 4th, 2021, 12:01 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:I wish there was a dining option for Premium minus the drink bottle! I never use it at all (I'm a water person).

Just fill the bottle with water. You can even get the flavored Dasani from the freestyles or the unflavored sparkling or just regular water. Much easier to have the bottle than getting the mini free water cups.
Sven18

Postby anewman35 on December 5th, 2021, 9:38 am
Sven18 wrote:

Just fill the bottle with water. You can even get the flavored Dasani from the freestyles or the unflavored sparkling or just regular water. Much easier to have the bottle than getting the mini free water cups.

I can attest to this. We've had bottles for years, but last year went for the first time and didn't get one. My daughter kept getting thirsty so I think we got three different mini water cups, sometimes even waiting in line just for one. No thanks.
anewman35

Previous

Return to Six Flags Great America Forum