Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Reverse Lifts in NL???

Talk about RCT 2, RCT, No Limits, Hyper Rails, Scream Machines or any other Rollercoaster related game here.
Postby cycamps on December 12th, 2008, 10:26 pm
I just purchased No Limits, and I'm trying to make a coaster with a reverse lift. I'm having trouble trying to get this to work, could someone explain??
cycamps

Postby Goku1910 on December 12th, 2008, 10:28 pm
It's actually not possible in No limits as far as I know.

But it is on the No Limits 2 Wish List (Google it)
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby cycamps on December 12th, 2008, 10:43 pm
On the help site it says you can do it, but it doesn't really explain how to do it...
cycamps

Postby Goku1910 on December 12th, 2008, 10:56 pm
hmmmm.....sorry, I don't know how.

The only thing I know, is that by setting your last Segment as the "First"

You can then build your coaster backwards, but it doesn't make the coaster operate backwards.
"I've been told that some part of every wish will be heard but lately I lost sight of the truth in those words."
Goku1910

Postby rct2wizard360 on December 13th, 2008, 1:50 am
Im gonna do a step by step here...

-First and foremost, make sure you choose the coaster type, the operating mode is shuttle, NOT continuous.
-Have a station set up already.
-There's the add track button in the toolbar, one with the red dot, one with the purple triangle. Hit the one with the purple triangle and place it behind the station to start building your lift.
-Go into the track settings for the reverse-lift segment(s) and check the "Release when reaching end" box and the "Reverse Cable Lift" box.
-Go into the track settings for the station and check off the "Reverse Cable Lift Start" box, and choose the amount of station passes you want the coaster have.
-Im guessing this is where you usually have problems with it not working, in the track settings for the station, under optional (for the transport settings) check the "None" box.
-Hit test, and your coaster will now start off with a reverse lift.

Man, I really wonder how many people don't know about this.
"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada." -Britney Spears
rct2wizard360

Postby bobbinbop20 on December 13th, 2008, 2:42 am
thats exactly how you do it^^ :)
185 Credits!

X2, El Toro, Diamondback!
bobbinbop20

Postby Goku1910 on December 13th, 2008, 11:24 am
I thought he meant for continuous coasters (Formerly; Eagle) But for shuttle(De Ja Vu) Then it's more obvious,
Goku1910

Postby ben_the_bear on December 13th, 2008, 2:50 pm
You could do a full circuit coaster (I think) having it go backwards, but technically it would be a "shuttle coaster" (in NL at least) and you would only be able to run one train.
Track Record=467
Park: 103
Steel: 363
Wood: 104
ben_the_bear

Postby tp41190 on December 13th, 2008, 4:39 pm
^It doesn't let you. The only way to get a backwards lift is to have it uncompleted and in "shuttle mode".

If you are making a shuttle coaster make sure release and backwards start are on. (right click the lift segment and go into the options).

This is the closest I ever got
http://encodable.com/cgi-bin/filechucke ... ds.nltrack
(dont change any of the setting just ride)
[read]
tp41190

Postby cycamps on December 13th, 2008, 11:08 pm
rct2wizard360, thank you very much, your info was helpful.
cycamps

Return to Games