Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Silver Dollar City PTR - March 19th-21st, 2014

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby GoBears on March 22nd, 2014, 12:03 pm
Sorry I didn't get many photos of the park. :/ I only took my phone into the park the first day I went and only for a few hours, mainly so I could get some photos of the cave. Overall I had a great time and really enjoyed myself besides some ride breakdowns the first day (Thursday) I went to the park.

Entering Cardinals and Blues territory... yuck. Go Cubs and Blackhawks!

After a 10 hour drive, I finally made it to Branson!

I didn't do anything the first day I arrived which was Wednesday because it was later in the day and the park was closing in a couple hours. I did visit some shops along the strip and downtown area. I had to stop at the Farm House Restaurant and I'm so glad I did. Best fried chicken I ever had!

Here's a view of Table Rock Lake from the resort I stayed at which was Still Waters Resort.

On my first day at the park, I visited Marvel Cave after getting a ride on Outlaw Run and Wildfire.

Photos don't do the entrance room of this cave justice. When you reach the bottom of the entrance room and look up, you can't believe how far you've already walked down and you're not even a quarter way into the tour yet.

I forgot the name of our tour guides but one of the two said that he was newer. They both did a great job though.

My favorite room of the tour.

I think it was called the waterfall room or something. Maybe I'm confusing it with another room, but this did a waterfall.

Long way down.

People weren't joking when they said you can't see Outlaw Run from anywhere in the park until you get right up to the ride. I couldn't see it anywhere except the entrance of the ride and from the station of Powder Keg where I took this photo.

Cool fact I learned about Powder Keg: The back spike that never gets used isn't just there for decoration (which makes sense because that would be an expensive piece of decor). It's there in case the train doesn't clear the first hill from the launch and it rolls backwards. Makes sense, I just never realized that.

A little girl really didn't want to ride after she got strapped in so they released the harness and she exited the ride screaming and crying. She waited right outside the gate in the station for her friend to come back but the worker in the station was doing a great job putting a smile on her face while she waited. The staff here was so friendly in every area of the park.

One final photo I took before I securely tucked my phone away. I loved the entrance and station theme for Outlaw Run.

I had a great time and got on all the attractions I wanted to ride...

Outlaw Run - 3 rides: I went in with very high expectations and it still blew me away. Best roller coaster I ever ridden. I rode in the front, front row of the last car, and the very back. My favorite seat was actually the 2nd to last row. My favorite parts of the ride were the first drop and the drop out of the banked turn that runs underneath the lift hill structure. The element after the first drop, wave turn, and the double barrel roll finish were all incredible as well.

Wildfire - 1 ride: I was a little nervous about riding this because I tend to get sick on rides with a lot of inversions but I figured if I was ok on Outlaw Run, I could handle this. I was quite impressed by this B&M sit down. I wouldn't say it was as good as The Incredible Hulk for me but a solid looping coaster none the less.

Powder Keg - 1 ride: I was a bit disappointed in this ride. The launch was pretty thrilling, but the rest of the ride hurt on the transitions. Not an awful ride, but not a favorite of mine. I would've given it another chance but it kept breaking down.

Fire In the Hole - 1 ride: The drops were little bumpy but it was a fun classic ride with some cheesy but decent theming throughout.

Thunderation - 1 ride: By far the best of the 4 Arrow mine trains I've been on. The others being Cedar Creek, River King, and Adventure Express.

Marvel Cave - 1 tour: Amazing cave with a lot of cool history. You'll also get a nice little workout.

Great little park with excellent staff. The food was also really good! Wish I could've stayed a little longer but we had to head home early on the 2nd day for certain reasons.
Founder of http://www.sfgamnation.com
Favorite Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force
Favorite Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. The Beast 3. American Eagle
GoBears

Postby Luxornv on June 10th, 2014, 11:26 pm
I was there the following week. Outlaw Run kicked ass, and the cave was one of the most unique things I've seen. I agree with you on the great room, pictures do not do that justice. I had my DSLR with me (that's fun lugging that through a cave plus a bag with 4 other lenses, glad those were established paths), but I didn't have the time nor a tripod to set that up properly.
Luxornv

Return to Trip Reports