Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

8/16/13

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Sharon29060 on August 17th, 2013, 5:12 pm
This is the first time I do a trip report!

I got to the park at 10:30 am. Went straight to X-Flight. It was a 10 minute wait. Rode it on the right wing front row. Since there was almost no line, I rode it again but on the left wing. After that I headed to American Eagle. Unfortunately the blue side was closed. Decided to ride it twice since the line wasn't that long. Went on X-Flight again, wait time was about 30 minutes this time. Then I went on Batman, and I was surprised it was just a 30 minute wait(since I always wait more than 90 minutes in line). I went to ride repiV again, and I was glad I got to ride it again(I didn't get to ride it again after the ERT on Coaster Enthusiast Day, since the lines are always so long). But again, I was surprised it was just a 20 minute wait. Then I headed back to County Fair and rode Demon twice. And it has been a long time since I haven't ridden Superman so I decided to ride it. Great ride! Then headed to Ragin' Cajun. The car I was on was stopped twice during the ride, and when the ride finished, the ride operator told me I could re ride it! That was awesome! And after that I went on X-Flight again two more times before the Coasters After Dark event,(this was also my first time attending a Coasters After Dark event), and when the event started I rode X-Flight once, and it was about a 45 minute wait, then I left the park because the rides were just too crowded, just like on a regular day, and it was just not worth waiting that long, but I also didn't expect the rides to be empty since alot of people have a season pass. Overall, I had an awesome day! :D

Ride totals:
X-Flight: 6
AE: 2
B:TR: 1
repiV: 1
Demon: 2
S:UF: 1
RC: 2
Sharon29060

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 18th, 2013, 1:10 pm
I can't wait to ride American Eagle blue backwards. That's the only time I ride that ride.

Nice trip report. Yep, that's a typical Coasters After Dark event. Not terrible during the day, but it tends to get worse at night because there are a lot less rides open. 60 rides (I'm including the waterpark too.) + shows, and than at night, it's somewhere about 17 maybe if they even have Giant Drop, Revolution & King Chaos open. I haven't been to one of these in a couple years.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby Sharon29060 on August 18th, 2013, 2:37 pm
Yeah, and I probably won't be attending that event again next year. And you're right, it gets worse at night since there's only a few rides open. And I can't wait to ride American Eagle blue backwards too! :)
Sharon29060

Postby mjkzak on August 18th, 2013, 11:30 pm
That is not the case any more. Was there on Friday. Everything was open for Coasters After Dark except for the train and Sky Trek Tower. Even food stalls and some shops.
mjkzak

Postby BURTONxBLUNT on August 21st, 2013, 3:10 pm
Friday wasnt as bad as i thought for coasters after dark i got on bull(front) viper(back/front) v2(back) and supermans last train of the night(front row) i expected it to be awful that night but the waits were not bad at all tops 45 minutes!
SFGAm Visits 2016 - 81
BURTONxBLUNT

Postby Sharon29060 on August 21st, 2013, 6:05 pm
^I would've stayed longer. Lines weren't that bad, but I felt it was just like waiting in line on a regular day.

^^ Yeah I saw every ride open except for those 2.

But anyways I'm going in a few days again :D and I hope rides are at least around a 30-45min wait since most schools are already in session.
Sharon29060

Return to Trip Reports