Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Wild Waves and Silverwood July 2013

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Luxornv on July 17th, 2013, 5:00 pm
I was out in Seattle on business, and decided a Pacific northwest coaster trip would be a good idea.

I was able to squeeze in Wild Waves (Federal Way, WA, 20 min south of Seattle) during the week after my work obligations. I wasn't able to take any pictures there due to a lack of time. That park was fairly decent though. I was there on a Wednesday night, and there were few lines. It's $10 for parking, and $20 for admission after 4pm. I got there by 5pm and was able to ride 3 of the 4 coasters there. I skipped the kiddie coaster. I did ride Wild Thing, just an Arrow looper/corkscrew very similar (not the same) to Demon. I also got on Timberhawk, an S&S woodie. This was a rather forceless ride, except for the back. The back row featured some mild airtime and felt a bit faster than anywhere else on the train. Every other row was very bland. The ride however was reasonably smooth and doesn't leave you regretting the ride. Finally, I got on Klondike Gold Rusher, which is just a wild mouse.

After that, I had to finish up my work obligations for the week. Also took a trip to the Space Needle. Fun fact, valet parking is usually cheaper than taking a cab anywhere.

Once Friday came, got on a flight to Spokane, WA. This is not too far from a friend of mine in Coeur D'alene, ID which is just south of Silverwood. I had the strangest feeling of Deja Vu while being there.

Deja Vu is doing well in its new life as Aftershock. The ghetto camoflage is just as good as it was at SFGAm too. I felt nostalgic riding it, and remembered how much I miss that ride. At the same time though, it didn't have the same charm it did at SFGAm.

The park also has Corkscrew which is rather average. Not much to say about it.

The two wooden coasters there, Timber Terror and Tremors, are also very good. In an odd turn of events, I actually enjoyed the front row the best on these, rather than the back. Timber Terror was very rough and didn't seem to have much airtime in the back. However the front featured many pops of airtime and wasn't nearly as rough as the back. Tremors wasn't as rough, but I enjoyed it more than Timber Terror.

I'm not much on words, so I'll leave you with some pictures.

Mater?

Sorry folks, park's closed. The moose out front should have told you.

Brer Rabbit?

Was Disney getting rid of some Splash Mountain stuff?
Luxornv

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 18th, 2013, 1:02 am
For Deja Vu, I would like to know if you experienced any breakdowns, or just noticed it not working. Also, how are they operating it as in loading? Is it exactly the same thing as how Great America had it's loading procedure, and did they get retracted seatbelts, or is it the same? The way I get "my fix" of a ride very similar (but a little different) is riding Invertigo at Kings Island. I would love to get out to Silverwood, but it's just too far, and there aren't that many coasters / rides I'm interested over there.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby onyxhotel08 on July 18th, 2013, 10:52 pm
Still think Deja Vu looks out of place in Silverwood. The only reason they got lucky was because they are a much smaller park with far fewer guests.
13 Years with SFGAm World!
onyxhotel08

Postby Luxornv on July 18th, 2013, 11:15 pm
Deja Vu appears to be mostly the same as it was at SFGAm. The seatbelts and restraints are the same. The padding on the seats has been updated. My friend actually has the old pads. As for breakdowns, it took a little time to get it running in the morning. There were moderately high winds for the ride (read as gentle breeze), so they were concerned about it valleying. The only other downtime I saw was when someone vomited on the platform and it took a while to clean up. My friend who worked at the park (and worked this ride when it opened there) referred to it as a people eater. I laughed and told him it would never have been considered that at SFGAm. As for loading, it's mostly the same at SFGAm, but they don't want you to pull down the OTSR until they check the seat belt.

I agree, it does look out of place there. There was talk of repainting it different colors when it got there, but it looks like they elected to keep up the ghetto camouflage instead. You're right, there isn't a lot out there. I had my fill on the park after a few hours. I was kind of already out here for work, and decided why not. If my friend hadn't lived out in this area, I'd have probably stayed in Seattle for the weekend and completely nixed the whole Silverwood part of my trip. This certainly isn't a must see park, but not bad if you're in the area.
Luxornv

Postby Ilovthevu' on July 19th, 2013, 12:31 pm
It figures they fix the ride when SFGAm takes it out. Thanks for the info. I even think one of the major problems with Deja Vu had to be a sensor wrong because it just kept misparking A LOT. One sensor is not working, and that really messes up that ride. I heard a news story about Silverwood's Aftershock being stuck on a tower, and what they said to fix it, is that it had a bad sensor, and they replaced it to fix it.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Return to Trip Reports