Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Trip to Cedar Point

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby Superman on June 20th, 2013, 12:02 am
Hey everyone! I'm going to be going on my first trip to Cedar Point in about a month. I'm hoping to get any advice about the park, and what to do there. A few questions I have: Is the fast lane worth it? What are the best restuarants in or around the park? Any hidden gems I should check out? Should I go to the water park as well? Any info you have is great. Thanks!
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Postby CstrFan512 on June 20th, 2013, 7:22 pm
I just got back from my first trip to CP also. I went on the 12th and 13th and had a great time! When i was there, there was little to no lines for just about everything, including major coasters like Millennium Force and Maverick. However, you may not be as lucky going later in the summer, so if there is room in your budget or you are only going for one day, buy Fast Lane. When it came to restaurants, I struck out. Both days I was very disappointed with my food. I got Subway outside of the park (the one in the park was $9 6-inch subs and didn't even have roast beef) and was told after I left that the TGI Fridays on the property was pretty good. As for hidden gems, the only one I've got for you is Magnum. Not really hidden but this coaster gets over-looked a lot. It still packs quite a punch and the airtime along with the tunnels put this classic towards the top of my list. The water park is nothing special, so i would spend as much time as you can in the park.

If you have an other questions just put them here and I'll do my best answering them.

P.S. Are you staying on the property?
Don't fight the Bull, ride the Bull!

Best 2011 Moment: "I lost my phone on Raging Bull!"
"WELL I LOST A SOCK!!!"
Best 2012 Moment: "No good! DREAM ON!"
Best 2013 Moment: "I came here for Auntie Anne's pretzels and coasters......in that order!"
CstrFan512

Postby Ilovthevu' on June 21st, 2013, 10:16 pm
One of my "hidden gem" coasters, but it's not really "hidden" at all is Gemini. That ride is so good, but no one seems to talk about it. A ride that is not a roller coaster that I also like is called Matterhorn which is a Flying Bobs type of ride, and Max Air is a fun ride to ride too. And if you are the type of person that think that why I am sometimes dry going off of Roaring Rapids, there "Roaring Rapids" type of ride, you will get obliterated with water! They have a water fall that actually goes over the raft. SFGAm has the wimpy waterfall where the raft hits the metal barriers, and you don't go underneath it at all. And people are like, oh no. Oh no, I'm going to get wet into the waterfall, and they never do. Not at Cedar Point! There you go underneath, and you will be drenched like anything. It's GREAT! The location of their Roaring Rapids ride (with a different name) is in the same area of Maverick (the western type of theme).

A trick is to go in the back parking lot by a hotel, and start the park from other side. Most people are coming from the front into the park.

There are plenty of good restaurants / fast food outside the park, but some are I would say 5 miles away which isn't very far - near Target & Meijer... You have Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Dairy Queen, Mcdonald's, Burger King, Taco Bell / Long John Silvers, Sonic, Pizza Hut, I think a Rally's, the buffet place that owns Old Country Buffet (called Ryan's), Friendly's, Steak N Shake, and Perkins.

A good place to do research on restaurants or anything else is http://local.yahoo.com/
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby aaron60060 on July 1st, 2013, 4:46 pm
Ilovthevu' wrote: They have a water fall that actually goes over the raft. SFGAm has the wimpy waterfall where the raft hits the metal barriers, and you don't go underneath it at all. And people are like, oh no. Oh no, I'm going to get wet into the waterfall, and they never do. Not at Cedar Point! There you go underneath, and you will be drenched like anything. It's GREAT! The location of their Roaring Rapids ride (with a different name) is in the same area of Maverick (the western type of theme)./

This ride USED to have a waterfall at the exit of the tunnel. For whatever reason, the water has been turned off. I asked the ride operators why it wasn't on and they said they weren't aware of the feature. Something tells me SFGAm turned it off for some reason, or has just failed to turn it back on. Anyone know anything about this?
aaron60060

Postby FParker185 on July 1st, 2013, 8:18 pm
n/m, thought this was about something else :)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby Superman on July 10th, 2013, 12:39 am
Haven't been on in awhile, so I haven't gotten to thank you guys for the tips. ^^^^I may be staying in one of the cottages at lighthouse point, depending on how many people I will be going with. If I'm only going to need one room I'll most likely stay off property.
"Everyone, listen to me! These jerks killed Superboy. They've tried to kill us. Now they say they're going to tear this city apart. I say... like hell."
Superman

Return to Trip Reports