Latest News
Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

PTR Kemah Boardwalk 3/12/12 (Part 1 of 5)

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby DejaVu2001 on March 18th, 2012, 7:30 am
To start off the trip, my friend and I drove 14 hours (7:00am-9:00pm) on the 11th. After finishing the last 3 hours of the drive, we arrived at Kemah around 10:30, which was an hour earlier than planned, and an hour and a half before the park was scheduled to open at noon. For Spring Break though, the park decided to open at 9:30 so the rides were already open. We ended up riding Boardwalk Bullet once and taking some pictures and left around 11:30 to drive to SeaWorld San Antonio.

Boardwalk Bullet: 2 train op, 1 train wait. The ride was good. I was worried that the extremely compact layout with the PTCs would cause a rough ride, but it tracked surprisingly well. 8/10

Entrance
Carousel
Gulf of Mexico
The park had a really odd observation tower. Not sure what company made this.
Boardwalk Bullet
The ride had a very small area to add or remove cars for the season

Additional photos:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 451&type=3
Last edited by DejaVu2001 on March 19th, 2012, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DejaVu2001

Postby FParker185 on March 19th, 2012, 11:41 am
The observation tower is a Nauta/Ronald Bussink Top of the World. I believe it was manufactured domestically by Chance.

cool pics
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby BLADE on March 21st, 2012, 8:44 am
I never heard of this place until last fall, so it's great to see some pictures of what the place looks like. Houston is a place to watch for the next several years with new parks looking to fill the void from the Six Flags failure. Galveston Pier in a couple of months, and hopefully the Earth Quest project can be completed.
BLADE

Postby Ilovthevu' on April 6th, 2012, 1:08 am
^I think a big problem with Astroworld was that, that park was made of so many passed on coasters from other parks. Thus, they weren't getting the attendance they wanted. The good old ride rotation program that to me was a failure, and thus they discontinued it, but now here we go again. I know you can say about the stadium nearby, but if the park was really doing good, they could have figured something out.

According the website, they have a Wipeout. Oh, you missed the Wipeout. I get so much airtime on that ride, it's ridiculous, and it's a Chance flat ride. The Wipeout might be in your picture in back of the carousel.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Return to Trip Reports