Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Opening Day 4-24-10

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby 300highgame on April 24th, 2010, 8:45 pm
Well, since I had to bowl in the morning I ended up getting to the park around 2 pm with my friend. I started the season with an back seat ride on Whizzer. Very fast and Smooth. Next, we went to Viper. When we got to the station, there were about 8 people waiting for front row. Everything else was a walkon. I took the back seat again. Then, we couldn't pass up Raging Bull. No line until the station and we couldn't pass up front row. 15 minutes wait which was totally worth it. We went to Giant Drop next. We waited around 7 minutes. Then we walked toward American Eagle and there was the open Bucaneer Battle with 3 people on the ride. So we walked the long line to get to American Eagle. I did not like how they had only 1 train but we got on right away. I passed up Iron Wolf and went to V2. I didnt go on V2 once last year and it was pretty fun. Next was Batman. I walked up to the station and got a reride in row 7. Then went back around and got a reride in row 6. Then we went to the Dark Knight. Right when we got there it opened because so reason it was closed. So in the preshow, these 5 goth kids cut us (we were first). So we are going up the lift hill and turning right and there were no lights or sounds. I was wondering what was going on. So it was pretty quiet and the mini brakes before the part by the picture, we got stuck. We were stuck for around 10 minutes and then they turned on all the lights. The building is HUGE. I took some pics but they aren't to good so we got a coupon for a free beverage. So superman was a 45 minute wait that I didn't wait in because there was only 1 train. So we went to Cyber Cafe after that. I got a Diet coke and a Doughnut. We went to get the season pass coupon book and what a disappointment I must say. They are the worst coupons ever. And one coupon that I don't know what it is is(upgrade to a funnel cake sundae when you purchase a funnel cake supreme. What is a funnel cake supreme. So anyway we were heading towards Demon and it was closed so I went back to Batman. Rerides on 7, then another reride on 5 and in row 6 there were 4 girls who were on it 10 times in a row without getting off so I went to row 5 one more time. Then Bumper Cars to end a good day.

Ride Count:
Whizzer- 1
Viper- 1
Raging Bull- 1
Giant Drop-1
American Eagle Red- 1
Batman the Ride- 9
The Dark Knight-1
V2-1
300highgame

Return to Trip Reports