Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

7-3-09

Let us know how your day at the park was.
Postby sfgamguy on July 5th, 2009, 11:53 am
first off the only reason we even went today was because some friends came up and wanted to go. I knew it was going to be crowded so I went online and tried to buy a flashpass with the tickets for my friends. It said all the flash passes were sold out I was mad! :shock:

we got to the washington street enterance at 11:00. the line to park was all the way to the tomei insurance station :shock: after 45 minutes of waiting I showed my parking pass and we got in the park passing the NO FIREWORKS ALLOWED sign.

We were in the park at 12:00. we headed to the flash pass center as we knew it was going to be crowded. I went in and they said they didn't have any left. then my mom went in and they "found" one and we got it. then we reserved TDK and went on triple play. we then got the family meal deal thing at maw and paw's trail grub in yukon.

we got on TDK and reserved viper. we went to viper. I dont like how you have to cut in front of everyone to get to the flashpass line. We got a lot of rude remarks about cutting in line. after viper we reserved RB. by then it was 3:00 and we saw the more flags more flags parade. It wasn't very good. actually very short. then we went to the 3:30 showstoppin. very good as always. this was my third time seeing it this year.

then it was finally time for RB. YAY!for some reason the line was all the way to the picture booth so a worker told us to stay on the right side. after he left al these people came in on the left side and cut us all so this one guy freaked out all the cutters by screaming at them and they left but came back later but he didn't see them.after 15 minutes of waiting we got on. they never even checked our flash pass so we got back in the line and went 3 more times. then we cancelled our reservation and reserved the giant drop and rode ricochet then we went to the giant drop.

we got one of those pop'n cott'n bucket and got popcorn the firstr time because they were out of cotton candy. we sat and ate and rode GARW we got cotton candy and then got more. (realize there were 6 of us) then we got popcorn then more cotton candy twice again while waiting for the train. every seat was filled after we got on. we got offin the front.

It was after 7 so we wern't allowed back in so we talked to guest relations and a nice girl gave us special wristbands that let us bak in after 7. before we left we returned the flash pass and got 2 more buckets of cotton candy.we left ate dinner and came back we saw the paradeand they did this weird thing where they put guard rails all the way around the parade route. after the parade we went to the carousel. this jerk ride op closed the chain right in my face as I was walking in. that guy who yelled at the cutters from RB was there behind us and decided to have his kids go under the chain with him. then my sister's friend was working the carousel and he opened up the gate for us. thats about it.

----------
triple play-1
TDK-1
viper-1
parade-1
showstoppin-1
RB-4
ricochet-1
GD-1
GARW-1
GARR-1/2 trip
bb's starlight spectacular parade-1