Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

cedar point in 2003

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Coaster juggalo on January 2nd, 2003, 1:35 am
does any one have any new info on cedar point's new coaster for the 2003 season? i know its called dirby, i know it's 350 feet tall, i know it's an intamin rocket coaster, and i know it's yellow and red...any futher info?
0 deja vu rides in 2002 season, 6 batman rides in 2002 season however!! yay
Coaster juggalo

Postby Chitown on January 2nd, 2003, 1:49 am
Well first off, we dont know what the name of the coaster is and neither do you (dirby?). Second, this ride is well over 400ft tall.An official announcement is due this month from Cedar Fair so just be patient and you will find out all the details at the same time we do.
I finally retired the Sarah Palin signature because she is now 100% irrelevant.
Chitown

Postby SfGaMownz on January 2nd, 2003, 4:49 pm
McDonalds:The Ride :o .
SfGaMownz

Postby goldmember on January 3rd, 2003, 12:56 pm
I also heard that the coaster will reach speeds of around 110 mph. Definitely not for the feint hearted.
My Top 5: 1)TTD, 2)Millennium Force, 3)Raptor, 4)Deja Vu, 5)Raging Bull
goldmember

Postby goldmember on January 3rd, 2003, 12:59 pm
Does anybody know if this ride is using LIM or air propulsion in order to launch the train out of the station? I am assuming LIM but I am not sure.
goldmember

Postby RagingBullFan on January 3rd, 2003, 1:10 pm
Actaully its non of the above, its going to use a hydraulic launching system. Much like Xcelerator at Knotts Berry Farm. Just think of it though as "Super-Sized, Without The Turns" ( And Yes I work at McDonalds GO ME! Wait, it sucks.. Nevermind :) )
RagingBullFan
Technical Administrator

Postby coasterguy on January 3rd, 2003, 2:45 pm
Yea air propulsion is like Hypersonic XLC which is a different style track. It is all most like Schwarzkopf track but a bigger scale. LIM would make sense becuase it is the same as Vertical Volocity, but you would need a long track of LIM's to get up a 420ft tower straight up. How would this hydrualic luanch system work??
16 Rides on TTD
10 in Front
4 in front at night
John kerry's got a big head
coasterguy

Postby goldmember on January 3rd, 2003, 5:36 pm
Thanks for clearing that up. Where did you find out that they are using hydraulics?
goldmember

Postby Suf03sfgam on January 3rd, 2003, 6:02 pm
Thats what Intanim(sp I think thats right) Uses for all of it's Rockets. I have no clue how it works though. I know there has to be some type of wagon for the launch Im guessing it works like the Schwarzkopf Shuttle loops but it used the hydralics insted!!!
* This Space is for rent, call 1800-025-6963*
Suf03sfgam

Postby E.R. Webmaster on January 3rd, 2003, 9:28 pm
Well, Here is what I know on the topic:Cedar Point building for future!Cedar Points new coaster will be the worlds tallest coaster at a mindbending 420ft height! #16 will be using a hydraulic launch system similar to that of Excelerator at Knott's. Cedar Point will also claim the new Speed record in the world at a breathtaking speed of up to 112 mph!! Little has leaked out about this coaster, but one thing is for sure, its tall, fast, and very short! its got people wondering 'Why the Hell did they build it?'. The question remains, Is it worth the 2-4 hour wait for 7 seconds of thrills?!(I know this sounded like a brochure, stop making fun of me!!! :x :cry: Your mean words hurt my ear!!! :cry: )An official report will be given later this month
Steve Kalkofen
RCPro Site Manager
http://www.rollercoasterpro.com
E.R. Webmaster

Postby cdrpntfrk on January 13th, 2003, 1:41 pm
Actually, it's now out for those of you who have been living in a cave . . . here
cdrpntfrk

Postby coastrcorey on January 13th, 2003, 5:42 pm
cdrpntfrk wrote:Actually, it's now out for those of you who have been living in a cave . . . here
yah... we know... we've known that for quite a while...
coastrcorey

Postby coasterzak on January 13th, 2003, 6:14 pm
hmm... who is in this cave?
coasterzak

Postby cdrpntfrk on January 14th, 2003, 8:47 am
not entirely sure, I'll get back to you on that one :wink: ! LOL, actually, I figured ya'll knew about it, I just thought it would be funny to act like I was the only one who did!
cdrpntfrk

Return to General Coaster Talk