Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

Where Are You Going in 2020?

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Coaster Justin on January 22nd, 2020, 5:30 pm
For Me: (UPDATED)

June
Goats On the Roof
Gatlinburg Mountain Coaster
Dollywood (*)
Rocky Top Mountain Coaster
Island in Pigeon Forge
Ober Gatlinburg
Rowdy Bear Mountain Adventure Park
Rowdy Bear Ridge Adventure Park
Earthquake The Ride (Does this count?)

August
Indiana Beach (*)
Cedar Point (*)

Big Maybe
Noah's Ark (*)

(*) Repeat Park
Last edited by Coaster Justin on July 3rd, 2020, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
926 Coasters around the World! Countdown to 1000!

http://sfgamworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15272

Runner Up of the 2017 SFGAmWorld Elimination Thread
Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 23rd, 2020, 3:31 pm
Six Flags Great America - multiple times!

Most likely
Sea World, Orlando
Busch Gardens Tampa
Disneyworld (Magic Kingdom)
Universal (maybe)

Very possibly
Six Flags St. Louis
Last edited by CoasterRiderSC on January 24th, 2020, 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby Coaster Justin on January 24th, 2020, 3:46 am
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Six Flags Great America - multiple times!

Most likely
Sea World, Orlando
Busch Gardens Tampa
Walt Disney World (Magic Kingdom)

Very possibly
Six Flags St. Louis

Fun Spots?
Also, Fixed

Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on January 24th, 2020, 9:43 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Six Flags Great America - multiple times!

Most likely
Sea World, Orlando
Busch Gardens Tampa
Walt Disney World (Magic Kingdom)

Very possibly
Six Flags St. Louis

Fun Spots?
Also, Fixed

I realized (later) after I posted this that Busch is in TAMPA, not Orlando!! Thanks!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Airtime_Life_ on January 30th, 2020, 2:35 pm
April: CGA
Summer: CP, KI, Elitch Gardens, Madv
Maybe: Mt. Olympus and Holiday world
And of course SFGAM many times.
Airtime_Life_

Postby Galvan on February 5th, 2020, 11:44 am
SFSTL
HW for Holiwood Nights
Kentucky Kingdom (also during HWN)
Kings Island
Kennywood
Galvan

Postby Coaster Justin on February 9th, 2020, 12:08 am
Galvan wrote:SFSTL
HW for Holiwood Nights
Kentucky Kingdom (also during HWN)
Kings Island
Kennywood

Do you also plan to go to the City Museum in St Louis?

Coaster Justin

Postby coasterjoy on February 10th, 2020, 5:44 am
Not sure where to ask this regarding planning a trip to other Six Flags parks outside of SFGAm, but does anyone know the date gold pass will no longer work? There’s a chance I may be near SFDK in mid March and wondering if I’ll be able to use my pass there? The SF app says it’s valid currently but doesn’t give a date it expires. My husband bought me a gold pass through a promotional offer they emailed him, but it says I need to go to SFGAm to activate once they open in the spring, and this specific gold pass doesn’t include Fright Fest and after. Other than calling corporate, I thought I’d ask here first [emoji3526] thanks for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coasterjoy

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on February 19th, 2020, 9:59 pm
Park wise, I am taking most of the year off. I do not currently have a season pass but I will get one during Labor Day sale. Once that happens, I may go to SFGAm a couple times and potentially SFStL once. 2021 I have big aspirations though!

As for general travel, I have already been to Kansas twice this year. Hoping to catch NCAA Tournament games in Indianapolis and St. Louis. Couple days in Ames Iowa. A trip to Louisville may be in store.
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on February 21st, 2020, 9:36 am
Our plans might change due to budget/finances so we might end up going to Six Flags STL and see other stuff in STL area. How is Silver Dollar City and is it worth the $$ ? What else is fun to do in STL area?

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Jodon on February 21st, 2020, 10:09 am
Silver Dollar City is definitely worth the extra drive and money! It really is a great park with fun and unique rides, great food, and a completely different atmosphere than SFGAm or SFSTl. Do take time to do the cave tour and get lots of rides on Outlaw Run. Thunderation and Powder Keg are underrated fun coasters. I haven't been to the park since they opened up Time traveler, but that looks like a lot of fun as well.

If you have the ability, go to SDC.
Jodon

Postby Tardis1972 on March 12th, 2020, 11:46 am
While I don’t know where else I’m going to in 2020 yet I did just back from a Houston trip that involved going to several parks.
ZDT
SFFT
SWSA
Pleasure Pier

As of now all my 2020 plans have been delayed to 2021.
Last edited by Tardis1972 on May 8th, 2020, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tardis1972

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on May 8th, 2020, 8:21 pm
I am currently planning a "dream" coaster road trip for no particular time, I guess the first summer that everything clears up.

Anyone have personal experience or advice on Dorney and Knoebels? Not sure about splitting both between one day or spreading them across two. I would visit both on a Monday, or Dorney Monday Knoebels Tuesday, so no weekend rush to worry about for either
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Jodon on May 8th, 2020, 9:49 pm
Dan The Coaster Man wrote:I am currently planning a "dream" coaster road trip for no particular time, I guess the first summer that everything clears up.

Anyone have personal experience or advice on Dorney and Knoebels? Not sure about splitting both between one day or spreading them across two. I would visit both on a Monday, or Dorney Monday Knoebels Tuesday, so no weekend rush to worry about for either

If you aren't doing the water park at Dorney, it will likely be a half day park. A few years ago I did a big Pennsylvania coaster trip with stops at Michigan's Adventure, Cedar Point, and SFGAd along the way. I was able to ride as much as I wanted at Dorney Park and spent less than 6 hours there. For some reason, the dry park at Dorney is not busy. Just make sure you get the wild mouse out of the way at the beginning of the day.

I would encourage you to spend a full day at Knoebels though. You can do it in a 1/2 day if you are just going for the credits, but you would be missing out on so much of what makes Knoebels special. Go on a weekday when they offer all day wrist bands. There are so many great experiences there...from the famous carousel, flyers, Pheonix, Impulse, and a lot of their flat rides and food, you will not be sorry you spent a whole day at Knoebels.
Jodon

Postby locklin78 on May 14th, 2020, 7:29 am
I was planning to go to Story Land, FunPlex and Elitch Gardens but due to the lockdown I can't move anywhere... Also we were planning to visit my brother in France who has recently managed to buy property in Cannes but this plan cancelled as well :(
locklin78

Postby Tardis1972 on May 17th, 2020, 5:04 pm
Tardis1972 wrote:While I don’t know where else I’m going to in 2020 yet I did just back from a Houston trip that involved going to several parks.
ZDT
SFFT
SWSA
Pleasure Pier

As of now all my 2020 plans have been delayed to 2021.

Updating my 2020 park list.
Almost confirmed
Holiday World: TBD
Indiana Beach: TBD
It’s funny to think that IB was all but permanently closed not to long ago and now it’s confirmed to be one of first parks in the US to reopen.

Hopeful(October visit)
*Kings Island or Cedar Point
* The park I’ll most likely pick to go to.
Tardis1972

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 8th, 2020, 10:22 am
Has anyone been to Holiday World or Kentucky Kingdom? Contemplating a trip to these 2 parks.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby FParker185 on June 8th, 2020, 7:18 pm
Both parks, Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World are def worth a visit. Kentucky Kingdom has evolved into an actual pleasant experience with some pretty good rides and ok operations, and if you're from out of state they basically give away the gate(and soft drinks). Holiday World I'd recommend going during an organized enthusiast event in order to get night rides on the coasters and also experience Voyage without any mid-course brakes. If you don't do an event if you enjoy water parks def plan 2 days at HW. also KK's waterpark is very respectable.
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby FParker185 on June 8th, 2020, 7:21 pm
Also worth noting, it will be my next park to visit very soon. Adventureland in Iowa has re-opened for daily operation and they are not requiring masks (not banned either if that's your thing)
Favorite Wood Coasters: The Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, Thunderhead, Balder
Favorite Steel: Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Olympia Looping
Parks visited: 222, Coasters Ridden: Steel: 822, Wood: 178, Total: 1000
FParker185

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 9th, 2020, 2:16 pm
^ Thanks FParker!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on June 11th, 2020, 1:03 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Has anyone been to Holiday World or Kentucky Kingdom? Contemplating a trip to these 2 parks.

Not sure if you are asking in relation to operations during this pandemic or not. In the "normal world", I have only been to Holiday World, and can not recommend it enough. I always recommend it to friends and family who are looking for a nice 3 day weekend in the summer. We bring our RV and stay in Lake Rudolph, so its the best of both worlds. There is a shuttle between the park entrance and various stops within the campground, so those who are tired can go back and relax at the campground while I keep marathoning Voyage and Thunderbird. The waterpark is also superb. Value is great too with lots of freebies included in the price of admission. Rates at the campground are not awful either. As a stand alone campground, the sites are alright, but the campground is ginormous and has free mini-golf, a beach, pond, shops, activities, golf-kart rentals and more. As an overall experience we all love it and normally go once every two years.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on June 30th, 2020, 6:31 pm
Just scored 4 reservations for me and family for Six Flags STL 7/3!! Any words of wisdom on that park in particular?? I'm hoping to pick up all 9 coaster credits.

CoasterRiderSC

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on July 1st, 2020, 12:57 pm
I have heard that going to Pandemonium at rope drop is "the move". If you are taller, avoid sitting on a row where your knees touch the jail-cell like bars on The Boss. My knees were jack hammered into those bars the entire ride and that is still the worst experience I have ever had on a coaster. I have also heard that you get buffet access with a dining pass, but I do not know if this is still available during the pandemic and the fact they may have removed it from the dining pass.

The park has a little charm. Lots of tree and shade for a Six Flags park, and some cool building as well. I only got half the credits when I went because of my size so I did not have the best experience but I would love to give it another try now that I have lost a lot of weight.
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby Coaster Justin on July 3rd, 2020, 6:18 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Just scored 4 reservations for me and family for Six Flags STL 7/3!! Any words of wisdom on that park in particular?? I'm hoping to pick up all 9 coaster credits.

Do the St. Louis City Museum nearby and try to ride Xcalibur, Tsunami Soaker, Sky Screamer, Supergirl Sky Flyer, and other rides that aren't at SFGAm

Coaster Justin

Postby CoasterRiderSC on July 6th, 2020, 10:24 am
Coaster Justin wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:Just scored 4 reservations for me and family for Six Flags STL 7/3!! Any words of wisdom on that park in particular?? I'm hoping to pick up all 9 coaster credits.

Do the St. Louis City Museum nearby and try to ride Xcalibur, Tsunami Soaker, Sky Screamer, Supergirl Sky Flyer, and other rides that aren't at SFGAm

Thanks for the tips! We did the St. Louis Zoo (Free, $15 to parK) instead of the City Museum because many of the exhibits, including roof, were closed at City Museum.

We skipped Xcalibur because it was super hot and it looked like we'd be hot on that ride. Ninja was our first ride of 2020 and to be honest, I didnt' find it rough at all contrary to what many people have said. Boomerang was absolutely awful and was rough.

My coaster rankings (Mr. Freeze was closed). The top 3 are very close and could be in other order
1. Boss - I LOVED the speed of this ride and how we raced through the terrain!
2. Screamin' Eagle - a hidden gem that is a super fun airtime machine. I dare say I think I like this as much (if not more) than our American Eagle since there's so many airtime hills.
3. Batman
4. Pandemonium - super fun family coaster that I could ride over and over! I would totally love for our park to get one where Buccaneer Battle sits. This was my 10 yo daughter's fave.
5. American Thunder - a solid ride, but I just liked the others more.
6. Ninja - solid Arrow coaster that was NOT rough
7. River King Mine Train
8. Boomerang - totally awful ride

Flats - Superman drop tower was closed
1. Skyscreamer - this ride is awesome! I really wish we had one. It would go nicely where Sky Trek Tower is at or perhaps Revolution
2. Supergirl - really fun
3. Colossus - very enjoyable , huge ferris wheel with a very long ride cycle.
4. Thunder River - solid rapids ride

P.S. we did other flats but these were my faves. I LOVE the overall feel of the park! Very clean and the music was NOT all just current pop. The park was clean, and guests were well behaved. No issues with people acting up. Plenty of "mask free" break areas.

CoasterRiderSC

Next

Return to General Coaster Talk