Great America
Roller Coasters
Rides
Hurricane Harbor
Water Slides
Water Attractions
Advertisement

2019 Six Flags Ride Announcements

Talk about anything that has to do with the amusement park industry here.
Postby Jodon on August 30th, 2018, 2:24 pm
The new rides have been announced at all of the Six Flags properties...thoughts?
Jodon

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 30th, 2018, 2:29 pm
I think our park and Magic Mountain made out the best! But those tall pendulum rides look pretty intense. I wonder when we'll get ours?? Maybe to replace Sky Trek Tower?
Single Day Ride Count Record

50 rides 8/17/2018 (Without Flash Pass - Coasters After Dark)

---- "Here we go, kids!! Here we go!!"
CoasterRiderSC

Postby coasterkidd100 on August 30th, 2018, 2:39 pm
I really do love Six Flags Magic Mountain's new coaster. It is different and unique. I don't really think the park needed another dueling coaster or launch coaster but it does seem like a fun ride that a lot of people in the general public will enjoy.
coasterkidd100

Postby _FuryBull_330_ on August 30th, 2018, 6:06 pm
R.I.P Over Texas. They got a super loop and I thought they were getting a skywarp.
_FuryBull_330_

Postby coasterkidd100 on August 30th, 2018, 6:16 pm
I am surprised that Six Flags isn't doing any work with RMC this year. I also thought for sure that Six Flags St. Louis could finally get something besides a spinning ride.
coasterkidd100

Postby Dan The Coaster Man on August 30th, 2018, 6:48 pm
I am happy they are installing a skyscreamer. Maybe we can still get ours..?
Sucker for a launch | Coaster Count: 502
Dan The Coaster Man

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 31st, 2018, 11:17 am
So we're "due" the following rides in the next 5-7 years: Skyscreamer, Skywarp and a giant pendulum!!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JaminOut on August 31st, 2018, 2:16 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:So we're "due" the following rides in the next 5-7 years: Skyscreamer, Skywarp and a giant pendulum!!

Dear god, not a Skywarp. I’ll take the other two plus a torbillion and a tilt a whirl.
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby CoasterRiderSC on August 31st, 2018, 2:19 pm
JaminOut wrote:
CoasterRiderSC wrote:So we're "due" the following rides in the next 5-7 years: Skyscreamer, Skywarp and a giant pendulum!!

Dear god, not a Skywarp. I’ll take the other two plus a torbillion and a tilt a whirl.

Please no tourbillon here!! They could have just kept King Chaos if that's the case!

CoasterRiderSC

Postby JaminOut on August 31st, 2018, 2:30 pm
CoasterRiderSC wrote:
JaminOut wrote:

Please no tourbillon here!! They could have just kept King Chaos if that's the case!

But they didn’t so... XD
I gon' cut you...
JaminOut

Postby Ilovthevu' on August 31st, 2018, 11:20 pm
*I like New England's ride - a Chance Freestyle indoors, but I don't get why they needed that ride. They have a Chance Wipeout outdoors already. The only Six Flags park with a Chance Wipeout, and they get a new version of a Wipeout? What for?

*The 2 parks New England and St. Louis should have switched rides. New England should get the new version of an Enterprise (the Orbit), and St. Louis should get a Chance Freestyle because it would fit in that space, and they already have Xcalibur which is similar to an Enterprise.

*I really like Magic Mountain's Premier coaster though I don't think that park needs that ride. I think that park should get rid of some coasters (like Viper & Green Lantern), and move others to other parks; and receive a new family coaster such as a Skateboarder, a NEW mine train, or a mouse coaster.

*I really like the LARGE pendulum rides!

*I don't like that Jeffrey Siebert deceived people by saying Gone - Whirligig on facebook when the ride is staying, and they are just renaming it to Crime Wave.

*I don't like how Six Flags America deceived people by saying Apocalypse is closing forever. When a ride closes forever, that's the end of that ride (in any form). That marketing is HORRIBLE in my opinion. I think floorless to sitdown (for that ride) is a dumb idea. It won't matter as long as the headrests are hard, people will still be beat up. It wouldn't shock me one bit though if Six Flags America "takes" 2 floorless trains (1 from any of these coasters) from either Scream, Medusa, Superman, or Bizarro so they don't have to pay for 2 new ones.

*I dislike my 3rd worst flat (out of probably a 100 (other than roller coasters) rides) coming to yet another 2 Six Flags parks - a Larson Ring of Fire / Larson Fireball plus Over Texas is taking out something more unique - Huss Breakdance. I won't say it's the greatest, but it was a fun ride.

As a business plan, I don't get it. Families are the ones that spend the money. Out of these rides, you don't have a lot of family rides anymore. I am talking about family rides, and not just "toddler" rides like Wiggles World.

For instance, family rides are stuff like a Tilt-A-Whirl, Huss Condor, Sky Trek Tower, an Octopus ride, a Chance Wipeout, Huss Troika, a Ferris Wheel, Huss Swing Around, Balloons, etc. These are rides where kids actually ride with a parent.

I don't consider Skyscreamers or Diskos (for instance) as family rides because parents don't care to ride those things with their kids. They are too frightened by rides like those. The park might say those rides are family rides, but they aren't too me.
"I've been staring at the world, waiting. All the trouble and all the pain we're facing. Too much light to be livin' in the dark. Why waste time? We only got one life. Together we can be the CHANGE. So go and let your heart burn bright"
Ilovthevu'

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 1st, 2018, 8:05 am
I can see us getting a D.C. Super Friends and Bugs Bunny Boom Town next year seeing that SF Mexico is getting one next year.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby Jodon on September 4th, 2018, 1:51 pm
Figured I would finally answer my own question. I think a lot of on this forum are looking at the shiny new toy in Maxx Force and overlook that this year, again, is business as usual for SF corporate. Included in the new rides are one custom but short S&S launch coaster, one Premier custom launch coaster, 3 Giant Discoveries, one Superloop, one S&S free spin, a floorless conversion, a couple of smaller flat rides, and a couple of kiddie rides/areas.

I will say that I think that WCR, and Maxx Force look to be interesting rides, but WCR doesn't fit the need of SFMM, and Maxx Force is terribly short and likely a capacity nightmare. I believe that WCR should have ended up at SFGAm, and Maxx Force should have been placed somewhere else.

To be fair, I do think that Maxx Force will look great in the skyline of the park and will be very visible from the highway! The launch looks spectacular and the layout is unique and will likely be a solid ride. However, the ride is ridiculously short and doesn't actually use most of the Pictorium lot. After the newness wears of the announcement and first rides are had, I have a feeling most of us on here will be lamenting the missed opportunity by SF corporate to put a full fledged coaster in this spot.

Regarding WCR, this is the most complete ride that SF is building in 2019. It might not be the most thrilling coaster, but it has length, multiple launches, and a good mix of inversions in a decently compact area. At the moment, I wish SFGAm would have gotten this ride as I feel it fits more of the needs of the park than SFMM. I also feel like this would have been a better use of the Pictorium plot.

SF corporate is really playing off the fact that all of their parks do not have much if any local competition. SF parks are not competing against other regional parks with the exception of Magic Mountain (fwiw, I don't view Disney and Universal as competitors to MM, but Knott's is). When SF is investing in parks that are largely competing against themselves, there is zero need to add any high capital investments which is a significant bummer as an enthusiast.
Jodon

Postby SFGAM_Hog on September 4th, 2018, 6:47 pm
^ I don't think Maxx Force needs to be long. West Coast Racers looks fun, but like you said is so unnecessary at MM. It makes me angry that the only chance of a park getting a good length ride is Magic Mountain.
SFGAM_Hog

Postby CoasterRiderSC on September 5th, 2018, 4:46 pm
West Coast looks sort of like a family friendly coaster. Anyone know the height requirement for the ride?
It looks quite fun.

As for Skyscreamers not being family friendly, I think it depends on the parent. I'm 47 and I'll go on any ride with my kids (provided I'm not too tall)

CoasterRiderSC

Postby SFGAM_Hog on January 22nd, 2019, 5:06 pm
Six Flags Over Texas is changing the name of their 2019 Superloop. It was orginally going to be named "Lone Star Revolution" now it is "El Diablo". There goes Six Flags being cheap and reusing theming and names. I was going to say why not just name La Ronde's superloop El Diablo, but remembered they have a ride called Demon.
SFGAM_Hog

Return to General Coaster Talk